September 2, 2014 | 1354 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Total Effects-Fragrance Free

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by cairnsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. I have combo acne prone skin and been using this for 8 months now. This doesn't break me out and has improved my skin since i started to use it. It's not greasy and feels light on skin. It's abit over priced for the amount you get but since I breakout with pretty much everything I'm sticking with what works.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by carameldrizzle520

I bought this at Costco when they had a coupon and I would really like to see those 7 effects. Overall, I was looking for one product that one product that does it all. I've seen this product around forever so it should be good? (even the Costco guy that checks receipts said it was good because it's what his wife uses)

But what they say is true. It's a sunscreen and acts like a sunscreen: it leaves an oily layer on top of your skin that lasts all day. At least, for my skin it did. Why am I still using it? Well, it's kinda expensive for a drug store brand and I'm still in college, saving every penny for living purposes. I spent maybe $30 on this, and that's more than some of my textbooks. I don't want this to go to waste and I really want to believe in it!

But! I started mixing this moisturizer with one pump L'oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup (SPF 20) and I spread it all over my face and neck. Try mixing this product with a liquid foundation, and for ladies that want more coverage, work from there. So far, my face looks really bright and the tinted moisturizer from these two products makes me feel kinda girly. I'm not a huge fan of makeup but this has a super light coverage and a bit of tint and reverses the shiny effects of Olay. I almost neglected the L'oreal foundation because it made my face look kinda fake, and I'd rather blemishes than a weird skin color/texture not found in nature. And I'm sure my skin will love the layering of sunscreen products.

Let's hope this anti-wrinkle stuff works ;D i'll let you know in 10-15 years (I'm Asian and hoping it does me good)

Although, I started this product with the Garnier Fructis Clinical Overnight Peel and Dark Spot Corrector Vitamin C treatment. I don't know which product to attribute to my skin improvements.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Beatrice28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin's become sensitive over the years (I'm 42) and after trying many Clinique and Paula's Choice products with only mediocre results, I thought I'd save money and go back to Olay fragrance-free products. I bought this for night and Total Effects SPF 15 Fragrance-Free Moisturizer for day. Unfortunately, both made my face pink and irritated. I don't know if it's the niacinamide (others have commented on this) or all the paraben preservatives or benzyl alcohol. But my skin calmed down immediately after I stopped using both.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Misirlou1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this moisturizer for a few weeks now and I really love it. I have oily combination AND sensitive (rosacea) skin.This is the first moisturizer i've tried that doesn't make my skin greasy. It sinks into my skin immediately and it evens out my skin tone. It doesn't sting, or make my rosacea flare up. I think the price is really reasonable. I bought this in the Netherlands (because in Belgium they don't sell the fragrance free version) and it was +- 20 euro. I've bought more expensive moisturizers in the past, that didn't perform as well as this one. Don't know how it will perform in summer time, because my skin is less oily in the winter. But then again, in summer time i will have to use a sunscreen (next to it)or moisturizer with spf. Should be wearing spf also in winter time, I know. But I haven't found one that i feel 100%comfortable with. The ones that contain Titanium and Zinc moistly are to heavy and make me look like a disco ball or even paler then I already am. So now i moistly use it with Jane Iredale Pure pressed base because it also contains spf 20.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Azaelia11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've tried so many moisturizers it's insane. They've been too oily, greasy or cakey, or they left your skin feeling dryer before you even used it. This moisturizer, is a godsend for me. After just 1 day of use (i apply it morning and evening) My pores were minimized, my skin felt silky and smooth, even the texture of my skin was different. It's worth the money and you get every bang for your buck. The only bad thing i didn't notice until this morning (haha) was that you can't really tell how much you have left in the bottle, UNLESS you hold it up to some type of light source.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used this about 5 years ago and forget why I stopped using it....I suspect it was because something else came along and I was bored with it. I need to stop doing that...one of my flaws...stick with what works!!!! Anyway, I purchased this a week ago and after just ONE day, my skin looked better. I mean, even texture, clear skin, pores minimized. I was so pleasantly surprised. I had been using a Physician's Formula Dark Spot Corrector (did nothing for me) and had a coupon for Olay. Since then, have used every a.m. and p.m. after cleansing. Fabulous. Not one blemish. Just clear, even skin. This is fragrance-free, so no worries for anyone sensitive to smells. It is a rich, creamy formula and sinks right into the skin. I can remember when I used this the first time several years ago, I actually wrote Olay to tell them how much I liked it....am almost positive I caved to the next "new thing" that came along. I need to learn to stay with what gives me the best results. THIS is one of those products. I only gave it a "4" because is difficult to see how much is left in the bottle, although this morning I held it up to the light and you can see that way, and it will probably last me about 4 months (estimate if using day and night). Bottom line...yep, if you have 40 year old skin or older, give it a shot. I think I paid about $18.00 on sale at CVS and I had a coupon so was probably around $16 or $17. :)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by fivestar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted a travel friendly am and pm moisturizer that is travel friendly and that's how I ended up buying this.
I never even tried it out before taking it on a week long vacation. I used my regular cleanser 2X/day then at night only this.
In the am after cleansing, used tinted Skinceuticals Pysical Fusion ss spf 50 and Pysician's Formula translucent pressed powder.
I had no problems with my skin. I was thrilled because my skin hates everything!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Cbar18

I noticed my sisters had really good skin when i asked them what they are using, both of them have been using Olay Total effects so I tried this product hoping to get the same result. Firstly, I have combination skin, oily on the T-zone and dry on most parts. I liked the packaging and for $30 I expected it would be really good. It is very moisturizing and after just a few days using it, I broke out really bad in my forehead, chin and some in my cheeks which I never used to get, ever. I stopped using this product but my skin just keeps breaking out that my dermatologist suggested antibiotics. It took me more than a year to figure out what happened to my skin. I went to another dermatologist who said I have KP and recommended Neostrata. It worked well for my skin but until now my skin never really went back to it's original state. Still have constant little bumps on my forehead, sides of my face and even neck area.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by MariaLee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become a terrible product. I used to buy it and loved it. But I think they changed the formula, now it is pinky, scented and my doesnt absorb it. The cream sits on the top, I need to rub it and it balls, make lots of messes on my face. I hate this cream, I bought it in Taiwan, it is almost US$ 20, terrible quality. I just gave up using Olay products, .

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

lines around my eyes less noticeable, skin tone more even...but I don't like the dispenser