August 23, 2014 | 937 users online

Scrubs - Remede - sweep

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by lambsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A few years ago, I would have said a resounding yes to buying this product again. I loved the fine granules and never noticed a problem with scratches on my skin (as I tend to get very fixated on exfoliating). If you MUST have a product that "feels" like you're exfoliating, then this is a good one to go for. But since I moved to the dermalogica microfoliant, there is no going back. Again, I've seen posts that say the dermalogica microfoliant is similar in that it's "paste"-y. But if you feel anything but foam using the microfoliant, then you're using too much product and not enough water. I enjoyed Sweep and used to buy it when I wanted to "treat" myself to an exfoliator -- but I must confess to having been converted by another product that is less irritating on my skin. (less irritating as I may have already mentioned my tendency to overvigorous rubbing.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this stuff so far. I have been using it for few weeks now and it makes my skin soft, smooth & clear. I am prone to breakouts and also have some dry patches. NO PIMPLES from this product and NO MORE DRY PATCHES either. Love it! I just wish it wasn't so expensive.
EDIT: Love this scrub! My skin is sooo soft and has a youthful glow. It also has cleaned out my pores so they don't look visible. I will pay the money for this anytime!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I fell for the hype for this product. At $44 plus shipping (I purchased online), this turned out to be a very costly waste of $50!! I have a hard time understanding why so many people love this stuff. It's not gentle at all. Each time I've used this, my face has been red and raw, and to add insult to that, I've noticed a slight breakout each time I've used it. I tried to use it multiple times because I thought my skin would somehow adapt to this, but I think I can assume this stuff is overpriced junk! I suppose this does work well on some people's skin or there wouldn't be this many positive reviews. However, if you're looking for a genuinely mild exfoliant that won't irritate your complexion then stay away from this and save your money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by qwendy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought my second tube of this stuff (for face, not body) and thought it was high time I review it -- for sensitive skin types like me, who may have trouble finding effective exfoliants that don't hurt! It sounds like hype, but I suppose that the "sperical marble granules" in this scrub actually make dead skin roll off your skin. Most notably, right after I use the scrub, my skin is still nice and pale with no redness or irritation at all, even though it is tingling from the buffing. I also use Dermalogica Sensitive Skin Exfoliant, and Zia Papaya Enzyme Treatment, as sometimes it freaks me out to scrub my sensitive skin with granules, but it's just an emotional thing, and I like to change my treatments. But it's a rare thing to find me buying a second $45 tube of treatment, that's how good it makes my skin look and feel.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a huge hype on such a hugely mediocre product! I really couldn't understand the rave about this thing. I really tried to like it but it's just an ordinary scrub with a hefty tag and cute packaging. And it's not gentle on the skin at all. Actually powdered marble is so harsh and scratching compared to rounded polythene particles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

Remede Sweep is one of my favourite all-time facial exfoliators ... I can use this daily and it makes my face feel really clean and polished! This type of exfoliator is similar to something like Dermalogica microfoliant, where little bits of exfoliating particles form a paste. My skin-type is combo and also builds up dead skin flakes really fast ... I also suffer from psoriasis and eczema on my body so I really like Sweep because it doesn't irritate the eczema on my hands like Dermalogica microfoliant does. I can see how some people with really sensitive skin and who are not used to exfoliating daily would not like this product, but if you are someone who is used to exfoliating your face regularly and like your skin to feel "scrubbed" in a gentle non-drying fashion, then give this a try!! Yes, it's a tad pricey, but worth it coz it actually works for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 5:39:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Scratchy horrid paste and too harsh for someone with sensetive skin also don't think its suited for someone with dry skin. Got this as a sample and defintely won't be purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2006 3:36:00 AM More reviews by trustmeonthisone

i like the tiny marble beads that aren't abrasive. i alternate this with kanebo silk peeling powder. i use this in the shower sometimes alone or mixed in with my cleanser depending on how clean my skin is. (but always in the shower) a little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2006 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What on earth??? How did this ever get so many good reviews? Why on earth do people pay $$$ for this useless stuff? It's not good at all. The beads are so tiny and rubbery they're practically useless. I gave this 2 lippies simply because I reserve the "1 lippy" rating for truly horrible products that damage my skin. This Remede scrub gets 2 lippies because although it didn't actually damage my skin, it IS pretty much useless. And to add insult to injury they charge $44.00 for this worthless paste. Ugh. I have no problem paying high prices for products that actually work, but this product is not one of them! Back to Sephora this goes. Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub and Lancome's Pure Focus Exfoliator scrub are WAYYYYYY better than this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2006 10:39:00 PM More reviews by cahoonka

HMmm.....Hello???? People that have bad things to say about this scrub are crazy! I love it...I mix it with my Patricia Wexler Anti-Aging Cleanser and leave my skin with a soft, dewey surface to easily absorb my Remede Alchemy Moisturizer. The granules are small enough to not be abrasive, but you definitely feel them working. It's mild but you still feel it doing the job. I also like that it doesn't leave any granules on your face behind...You don't have to end up rinsing your face off 3, 4 times. I love this scrub!