April 17, 2014 | 1712 users online

Moisturizers - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Face Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While it does moisturize well, I cannot get past the smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

Althought i wouldn't buy this product compared to others such as mac strobe cream/ complete comfort creme it is a really good cream. It's a good primer and sinks into your skin nicely. i suggest this for someone in their early 30s during winter, however as a younger consumer i think i can benefit more from an other product. however it does exactly what it states.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Inyoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this completely randomly. I actually went to the Bobbi Brown counter at my nearest Nordstrom to pick up the Cleansing Balm (which didn't work out for me, but I will review that as well!) and the SA assisting me, who was actually the manager, insisted I try out this moisturizer. I was on the hunt for a good moisturizer, so I thought, "Since Nordstrom is really good with returns, why not!"

$50 plus tax later, I got back to my apartment and tried it that night! I was pretty skeptical about Bobbi Brown skincare, just because I've heard a lot more negatives than any good things really!

Anyways! I can't believe this moisturizer actually worked for me! I have been on the hunt for a moisturizer that actually MOISTURIZED my face. My face is not completely dry either! It's combination--dry cheeks and oily t-zone, but I had gotten to a point where neither drugstore moisturizers (I even tried the thick Cetaphil moisturizer and that didn't moisturize my face!) or high end moisturizers were working. This is another reason why I bought it....I wanted to try more products! Regardless, I did notice that the next morning, my cheeks felt more plump and not dry! I found it too good to be true!

It was not thick, and a gel consistency, which is recommended for oily skinned, but I found that it did leave me oily, my concealer/powder didn't last as long.

Perhaps I was/am too skeptical about Bobbi Brown to actually give them a chance...but it went back to Nordstrom...maybe I will try it out later again if my moisturizer doesn't work (I recently bought DiorSnow) but we'll see!

For now...would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by koturek4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Heard great things about this product through a friend of mine who swears by Bobbi Brown. After using the moisturizer a few times I did like the fact that it didn't leave my face feeling itchy or burning which is what some moisturizers do to my hyper-sensitive skin. However, after the product soaked in, it felt tight and the exact opposite of hydrated. I found myself going back to my cetaphil moisturizer and touching up those areas on my chin and around my nose that get extra dry. I ended up returning it a couple days later. Not worth the price, save your money!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was originally planning on buying the Vitamin E Enriched Face Base as I had been testing it out and it felt great but when I went into Murale, the SA was adamant that the Hydrating Gel Cream was the one for me and much better suited for my combo semi acne-prone skin. He was so emphatic that I thought I'd give this a try since all my previous moisturizers were gel creams anyway and on my hand it felt nice and light. Once I got home though, different story. I added a small amount to my face and I could feel it just sitting there. After waiting 15 minutes, the product still hadn't sunk it and I felt like I had a oily film on my face. Felt waay to heavy for a gel cream and after a couple days, I could feel some pimples lurking under the surface (most likely due to clogged pores). I returned the gel cream (thank god I could do returns at Murale) and got the face base I originally wanted and am totally loving that instead. Morale of the story? Ignore those uber pushy SAs!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by suanle23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this cream during the cold winter months here in NYC. I've had great experiences with the line before and the saleslady at L & T told me it should work during the winter and even the beginning of summer.

I don't know what ingredient is in this cream but my pores got so clogged from using this. At first, I thought it was another product so I stopped them both al-together. A few months ago I decided to give this cream another shot. NG! Clogged my pores up all over again.

It's a shame, I love Bobbi Brown products but this just didn't do it for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Fac Cream
My Skin type is Normal

I've been testing a bunch of creams so I can have the ideal products for my skin care routine. Here's my review:

Texture: Creamy consistency, non-greasy.
Finish: Dewy and moisturized. However I do prefer more moisture. It was a bit too light for me.
Application: Smooths easily over skin. Of course, I apply with fingers.
Packaging: Sometimes it comes in plastic and I've also seen glass jars.
Odor: Clean, refreshing scent.
Cost: Yes, it is on the higher end side.
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: GOOD
I think this would work well for normal skin or those that don't want a heavier moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by sarahatnd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer saved my skin this winter! I moved from the southwest to the northeast, and the cold weather made my skin dry and chapped. I tried many other products, but they were either too heavy or did not have enough moisture. Finally I bought this- it has the perfect amount of hydration and does not leave me with a shiny face. I wish it was a little less expensive and not in a jar, but I would definitely repurchase for the great effect it had on my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Ellenmarieb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very hydrating without being oily. My skin is combo type and I dont get any breakouts. However, probably would look oily on very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin loves this cream! I am super picky about my skincare but recieved a deluxe sample jar of this in the "all about eyes" christmas set and have been using it every night. My skin is generally well balanced *touch wood*, but i spend hours in an air conditioned office which dehydrates my skin and definately takes its toll. its a light, non greasy and easily absorbed cream but where this product stands out is that for me, is that it is actually noroushing! this is perfect for the hot and humid climate i live in australia.
it picks my skin right up everynight and leaves it happy healthy and well hydrated for the next day. it's taking me forever to get through my jar as well so i actually think it's excellent value for money.