July 25, 2014 | 1738 users online

Moisturizers - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Face Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I like how this makes my face feel. This product is the most expensive of my make up products, but I fell in love with it. The cream lasts forever, and it sits well on my face depending how much you use. You don't have to use a lot, that's what makes it last a long time. It feels light on my face, and keeps make up on all day.I'll buy it again, until I find a cheaper and one that works just as effective.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Got this as a sample and since it's still dry winter weather at the time this review was written, I decided to give it a try, and used it for three days consecutively, applying it morning and night. It does do what it's intended to do, and it is very hydrating and probably works well for dry to normal skin types. Since my skin is dry during the winter this worked out alright for me and kept my skin hydrated for hours. However, I can't imagine using this face cream during the summer when my skin is its oiliest, as this would probably sit on my skin too long and feel heavy.

Although I was only sampling this cream, the key issue I have with it that would be preventing me from buying it at all, besides the high price, is that it smells very strongly of chemicals and alcohol! I usually dismiss any sort of fragrance since I don't have sensitivity to fragrances, but this just reeks! In the evening after exfoliating my facial skin, I also tried applying this cream over it before sleeping and I would feel a slightly burning sensation possibly due to the freshly exfoliated skin and its contact with a product that contains a considerable amount of alcohol that it could cause a slight burn.

It was worth the try but I'm definitely not giving this a second chance. If you have sensitive skin or sensitivity to fragrance, I'd advise staying away from this, as it is mild and not gentle, and harsh to your nose!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Might be beneficial for those with very dry skin. This sat on top of my skin for hours, leaving a greasy fell on my face. There are much better moisturizers available than this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While it does moisturize well, I cannot get past the smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

Althought i wouldn't buy this product compared to others such as mac strobe cream/ complete comfort creme it is a really good cream. It's a good primer and sinks into your skin nicely. i suggest this for someone in their early 30s during winter, however as a younger consumer i think i can benefit more from an other product. however it does exactly what it states.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Inyoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this completely randomly. I actually went to the Bobbi Brown counter at my nearest Nordstrom to pick up the Cleansing Balm (which didn't work out for me, but I will review that as well!) and the SA assisting me, who was actually the manager, insisted I try out this moisturizer. I was on the hunt for a good moisturizer, so I thought, "Since Nordstrom is really good with returns, why not!"

$50 plus tax later, I got back to my apartment and tried it that night! I was pretty skeptical about Bobbi Brown skincare, just because I've heard a lot more negatives than any good things really!

Anyways! I can't believe this moisturizer actually worked for me! I have been on the hunt for a moisturizer that actually MOISTURIZED my face. My face is not completely dry either! It's combination--dry cheeks and oily t-zone, but I had gotten to a point where neither drugstore moisturizers (I even tried the thick Cetaphil moisturizer and that didn't moisturize my face!) or high end moisturizers were working. This is another reason why I bought it....I wanted to try more products! Regardless, I did notice that the next morning, my cheeks felt more plump and not dry! I found it too good to be true!

It was not thick, and a gel consistency, which is recommended for oily skinned, but I found that it did leave me oily, my concealer/powder didn't last as long.

Perhaps I was/am too skeptical about Bobbi Brown to actually give them a chance...but it went back to Nordstrom...maybe I will try it out later again if my moisturizer doesn't work (I recently bought DiorSnow) but we'll see!

For now...would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by koturek4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Heard great things about this product through a friend of mine who swears by Bobbi Brown. After using the moisturizer a few times I did like the fact that it didn't leave my face feeling itchy or burning which is what some moisturizers do to my hyper-sensitive skin. However, after the product soaked in, it felt tight and the exact opposite of hydrated. I found myself going back to my cetaphil moisturizer and touching up those areas on my chin and around my nose that get extra dry. I ended up returning it a couple days later. Not worth the price, save your money!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was originally planning on buying the Vitamin E Enriched Face Base as I had been testing it out and it felt great but when I went into Murale, the SA was adamant that the Hydrating Gel Cream was the one for me and much better suited for my combo semi acne-prone skin. He was so emphatic that I thought I'd give this a try since all my previous moisturizers were gel creams anyway and on my hand it felt nice and light. Once I got home though, different story. I added a small amount to my face and I could feel it just sitting there. After waiting 15 minutes, the product still hadn't sunk it and I felt like I had a oily film on my face. Felt waay to heavy for a gel cream and after a couple days, I could feel some pimples lurking under the surface (most likely due to clogged pores). I returned the gel cream (thank god I could do returns at Murale) and got the face base I originally wanted and am totally loving that instead. Morale of the story? Ignore those uber pushy SAs!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by suanle23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this cream during the cold winter months here in NYC. I've had great experiences with the line before and the saleslady at L & T told me it should work during the winter and even the beginning of summer.

I don't know what ingredient is in this cream but my pores got so clogged from using this. At first, I thought it was another product so I stopped them both al-together. A few months ago I decided to give this cream another shot. NG! Clogged my pores up all over again.

It's a shame, I love Bobbi Brown products but this just didn't do it for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Fac Cream
My Skin type is Normal

I've been testing a bunch of creams so I can have the ideal products for my skin care routine. Here's my review:

Texture: Creamy consistency, non-greasy.
Finish: Dewy and moisturized. However I do prefer more moisture. It was a bit too light for me.
Application: Smooths easily over skin. Of course, I apply with fingers.
Packaging: Sometimes it comes in plastic and I've also seen glass jars.
Odor: Clean, refreshing scent.
Cost: Yes, it is on the higher end side.
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: GOOD
I think this would work well for normal skin or those that don't want a heavier moisturizer.