Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream

3.5

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU, DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ALEURITES MOLUCCANA (KUKUI) SEED OIL, MYRISTYL MYRISTATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ALGAE EXTRACT, CETYL PHOSPHATE, POLYPERFLUOROMETHYLISOPROPYL ETHER, CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY), ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL, ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM), LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER), JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE), RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CHOLESTEROL, LINOLEIC ACID, TREHALOSE, GLYCERIN, CAFFEINE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ACRYLAMIDES COPOLYMER, MYRISTYL LAURATE, PHYTANTRIOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SORBITAN LAURATE, MYRISTYL ALCOHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE, GLYCINE, CARBOMER, HYDROXYPROLINE, PROLINE, SODIUM CARBOMER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this product. The sales lady behind the counter gave me a small sample to last me a week. It helped my dry skin during the winter months look great beneath my foundation.

on 12/12/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know this is a stellar product for super dry , sensitive skin.
Why?
Because my sensitive, dry, flaky, patchy, tired looking, foundaiton hating skin wore this one day after work after having spent a long time in the bittercold when my skin was at its worst and- ta da!- i applied this, let it soak, then a layer of studio sculpt foundation which doesn't stand a chance in hell on my skin when its dry/mid winter and i expected it to flake and crumble over my skin but it glided on all smooth and dewy like never before thanks to this bobbi brown product that does what it says on the tin.

on 11/29/2012 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Lovely whipped consistency and light cucumber scent - feels lush and luxurious on application. This is my favorite face cream so far. I love that it is light enough to use during the day under makeup and hydrating enough for nighttime. It pairs well with my sunscreen and any treatment serums I use. I find that it doesn't deplete as fast as other 1.7oz higher end moisturizers I've tried, so the price ($52) is fair.

on 9/23/2012 11:27:00 PM

The consistency is a mix of a gel moisturizer and a luxurious creamy moisturizer. I have combination skin (oily T zone, dry cheeks) and have sampled several moisturizers i.e. Darphin gel moisturizer, BB hydrating gel moisturizer, hope in a jar, sephora moisturizer. I noticed a difference the first night, balanced skin all over, dewey not oily, and radiant. I plan on buying this product again and making it a consistent part of my cleansing regimen.

To Note:
I use this product with the following in my skin care regimen:
Clarisonic Mia
Bobbi Cream Cleanser
P50 Toner

on 4/14/2012 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I like how this makes my face feel. This product is the most expensive of my make up products, but I fell in love with it. The cream lasts forever, and it sits well on my face depending how much you use. You don't have to use a lot, that's what makes it last a long time. It feels light on my face, and keeps make up on all day.I'll buy it again, until I find a cheaper and one that works just as effective.

on 3/2/2012 2:19:00 AM

Got this as a sample and since it's still dry winter weather at the time this review was written, I decided to give it a try, and used it for three days consecutively, applying it morning and night. It does do what it's intended to do, and it is very hydrating and probably works well for dry to normal skin types. Since my skin is dry during the winter this worked out alright for me and kept my skin hydrated for hours. However, I can't imagine using this face cream during the summer when my skin is its oiliest, as this would probably sit on my skin too long and feel heavy.

Although I was only sampling this cream, the key issue I have with it that would be preventing me from buying it at all, besides the high price, is that it smells very strongly of chemicals and alcohol! I usually dismiss any sort of fragrance since I don't have sensitivity to fragrances, but this just reeks! In the evening after exfoliating my facial skin, I also tried applying this cream over it before sleeping and I would feel a slightly burning sensation possibly due to the freshly exfoliated skin and its contact with a product that contains a considerable amount of alcohol that it could cause a slight burn.

It was worth the try but I'm definitely not giving this a second chance. If you have sensitive skin or sensitivity to fragrance, I'd advise staying away from this, as it is mild and not gentle, and harsh to your nose!

on 2/17/2012 11:17:00 AM

Might be beneficial for those with very dry skin. This sat on top of my skin for hours, leaving a greasy fell on my face. There are much better moisturizers available than this.

on 12/10/2011 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

While it does moisturize well, I cannot get past the smell.

on 11/20/2011 7:38:00 PM

Althought i wouldn't buy this product compared to others such as mac strobe cream/ complete comfort creme it is a really good cream. It's a good primer and sinks into your skin nicely. i suggest this for someone in their early 30s during winter, however as a younger consumer i think i can benefit more from an other product. however it does exactly what it states.

on 10/30/2011 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I purchased this completely randomly. I actually went to the Bobbi Brown counter at my nearest Nordstrom to pick up the Cleansing Balm (which didn't work out for me, but I will review that as well!) and the SA assisting me, who was actually the manager, insisted I try out this moisturizer. I was on the hunt for a good moisturizer, so I thought, "Since Nordstrom is really good with returns, why not!"

$50 plus tax later, I got back to my apartment and tried it that night! I was pretty skeptical about Bobbi Brown skincare, just because I've heard a lot more negatives than any good things really!

Anyways! I can't believe this moisturizer actually worked for me! I have been on the hunt for a moisturizer that actually MOISTURIZED my face. My face is not completely dry either! It's combination--dry cheeks and oily t-zone, but I had gotten to a point where neither drugstore moisturizers (I even tried the thick Cetaphil moisturizer and that didn't moisturize my face!) or high end moisturizers were working. This is another reason why I bought it....I wanted to try more products! Regardless, I did notice that the next morning, my cheeks felt more plump and not dry! I found it too good to be true!

It was not thick, and a gel consistency, which is recommended for oily skinned, but I found that it did leave me oily, my concealer/powder didn't last as long.

Perhaps I was/am too skeptical about Bobbi Brown to actually give them a chance...but it went back to Nordstrom...maybe I will try it out later again if my moisturizer doesn't work (I recently bought DiorSnow) but we'll see!

For now...would not repurchase.

Popular Moisturizers