Parfums de Coeur Body Fantasies Cotton Candy

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/15/2014 8:13:00 PM

I bought this and tried to like it because of the great reviews but I cannot stand this smell. Its just too strong and gives me nausea. I DO understand why people would like this scent though. Great value for the price.

on 12/20/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this on a whim and I agree that it is a fun, girly, and playful fragrance. It smells exactly like cotton candy from the fair and has decent longevity on the skin. I don't see myself wearing this everyday, but when I need a nice positive mental boost or have a simple craving for some cotton candy, I can reach for this. It has simple notes and doesn't have the licorice undertone of Pink Sugar. It looks like they changed the bottle from what it looked like years ago. I paid about nine dollars for this at Walgreens but I'm pretty sure you can find this cheaper at other retailers.

on 4/12/2013 12:14:00 AM

I love this scent for my children. ALL of the 5th graders where this and it's very lovely, clean and sweet :) I cannot recommend it for an adult purely because the entire 5th grade smells like it so think of tweens when I smell it. Very nice and long last, great price too!

on 4/11/2013 11:33:00 PM

Smells just like cotton candy, carry it in your purse. It has the same scent quality as bath and body works/ victorias secret. . Youthful not immature. If a man smells this on you he is most likely thinking you have high energy, excitment and playfulness. The price is excellent.

on 3/11/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I happened to see this one day when I was in line at Walgreens. I figured I'd buy it since I love the smell of cotton candy. I love this stuff. It smells like pure cotton candy. It has amazing staying power and the scent doesn't change throughout the day. It smells like a body spray version of Gale Hayman's Delicious Cotton Candy. I would definitely buy this spray again. It's also a lot cheaper than the body sprays at Victoria's Secret.

on 2/9/2013 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cotton candy scent! It smells EXACTLY like cotton candy! I've smelled many and this one definitely smells the best. While it is more of an immature scent, it is still delicious and I always get compliments on it. If you want a more sophisticated cotton candy smell I would recommend Pink Sugar by Aquolina, although I think this one smells much better. If you love super sweet perfumes, this one is for you!

on 1/8/2013 7:28:00 PM

My daughter (age 7) has a small bottle of this on her dresser that had always turned me off at first spritz-- that Dimetapp-grape topnote made me write it off as impossibly fruity, sticky, and cheap. My daughter has never put this on her body, just sprayed it into the air for atmospheric effect, so I never had a chance to catch it on the drydown.

But lo, at age 41 I've developed a taste for gourmand scents-- BS Fantasy being my favorite-- so the other day I tried a squirt of Cotton Candy Fantasy down my shirt and... wow! It's pretty good!

The grape-soda note dissipates soon enough, leaving an absolutely spot-on, silky, pouffy cotton-candy ambience that really does make me want to lick myself. This stuff is so sweet and so viscerally girly, it makes Britney's Fantasy seem positively arid and intellectual. However, it is not sickening in the least, probably because it's a body spray and not an EDP. It's just yummy and fun, and remarkably well-done. I can even get away with this at work, because it's light and settles close to the skin after an hour or so.

I took off one lippie because I dislike the new packaging Parfums de Coeur is using for this. The curvilinear bottle with the dancing-fairies cap and stars on the label was cutesy and a better fit for the pink-fairytale-fantasy contents.

And btw, this is the only Body Fantasies spray I like. The others are like cheap scented candles or Glade.

on 12/11/2012 9:50:00 PM

I crack up when I read...I'm too old for this product, and the poster is in their 20's!!! I'm 50...yes 50, and I rock this scent. But I do not use it alone...because its sweet, it mixes extremely well with Bulgari Black which is one of my HG's. BB is extremely sexy, smokey, and leathery, but sometimes I just want to "girly" it up a bit. Thats where body fantasies cotton candy comes in. Just a quick spray on the back of my neck and I'm smelling sweet, yet sexy. Can't beat that.

This scent is AMAZING! I know its been around forever and I wish I would have bought this a long time ago. Like the previous reviewer said, its like powdered sugar and strawberry. Right when you spray it you might need to hold your nose for a few seconds until it settles but when it settles its just pure heaven. The price is very cheap too! $7 on ebay and $8 at walgreens. It will always be a must have for me =)

on 12/5/2012 9:08:00 PM

Body Fantasies Cotton Candy has official notes of cotton candy, vanilla, cane sugar, strawberry, raspberry, and musk. It isn't as complex or warm as Pink Sugar but this is a likeable and rather realistic candy scent. It's fruity and doesn't really have that heated-sugar feel to me, so I find it more like strawberry rock candy than cotton candy.

After you let the alcohol diffuse a bit, you get a puff of powdered-sugar sweetness with strawberry flavoring. As it settles, the fruitiness dies down slightly but the scent doesn't evolve too much. Doesn't last a long time for me (maybe 2 hours before it becomes very faint on my dry skin) but the good news is it costs $6+ for 8oz so it's practically begging to be reapplied.

I only just got into super-sweet fragrances and was surprised by just how much I liked this cheap little gem after all those expensive niche perfumes. Lasting power is better than other body splashes (Victoria's Secret, for one), scent stays true and doesn't turn on me or become plasticky.

Sure it's not the most sophisticated thing in the world, but it's so fun to wear, FANTASTIC for the price, and smells delicious as long as you are light on the trigger. (It goes on strong at the start.) And what the heck; sometimes I need a mental and nasal break from the hoity-toity self-importance of all those Chanels and Frederic Malles, you know?

Popular Fragrances