September 2, 2014 | 1607 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer in Nutmeg

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by candycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nutmeg is a more sheer version of papaya - both lip shimmers have reddish-orange and gold undertones, but I actually prefer nutmeg for something that can be worn every day. I am Asian and have tan olive skin, and it compliments my skintone. I LOVE these lip shimmers, they are the only lip products I can find that give me color for extended periods of time AND moisturize my lips. Plus, I love the tingly minty feel of them. Definitely stocking up on these!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by lunardrive

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this because it's a nice lip balm with more color than many lipglosses. It's moisturizing and it's a YLBB goldish red color. Fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by amethyst02m

FAR too orange on me. I'm fair skinned, auburnette, brown eyes and thought coloring would be flattering, but no! My natural lipcolor is a brownish red and whatever the mix, this looks like frosted orange lipstick on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by 0heather0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can't live without this! A softening lipbalm with creamy lipstick-like color--perfect. Nutmeg is a shimmery gold-ish red color. It's very smooth and the color is rich, so it makes my lips look full and soft. I hate lipstick and lipgloss because lipstick is dry, lipgloss is sticky/goopy, and neither last. Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer is the perfect alternative.

Unfortunately, I think the color selection is really bad. I love Nutmeg, but none of the other colors look good to me. I find most of the colors to be very purple; the pinks look lavender and the reds look like grape.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

the Lip Shimmers are sort of hit or miss when it comes to the colors. Nutmeg is a definite hit! This warmish neutral works great with a toned down look and I find it really compliments my NARS Orgasm blush. So far, it is my favorite shade for the Lip Shimmers.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by nancyfeldhaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best lip product ever. It perfectly matches the color of my lips, so they look natural and moisturized. I bought it on sale at a drugstore --never tried it before, so I ended up paying $1.29 (can't beat that) and been happier than ever. The color and smelling of peppermint is strong but it kinds of plum my lips a little bit, also my lips are uneven so if I wear a lot of color makes it more noticeable, I will definitely buy it again.
Update 10-09: I don't like this anymore, I only wore it a few times and it's been sitting in my drawer for a while. The product is good quality and the price I paid was dirt cheap, but I'm just not that into it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by DCMALJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Perfect! I love this stuff. Not at all the color I was looking for when I picked "Nutmeg", but it's become a go-to for me. The color is a pale, sheer, warm-toned shimmer. I love it for whenever I don't want to wear lipstick or gloss but don't want to go naked--a nice understated but finished look and a lip balm feel.

I find this to be nice and shimmery, but definitely not 80's frost. It's too sheer for that. I also love the slim tube that applies much more precisely that a traditional lip balm, though with this sheer color I can still apply it without a mirror.

Cons (yes, there are a few!): it's a little expensive for what it is, though I've decided it's worth it and have re-purchased, and it has very little lasting power--though I don't particularly expect a tinted lip balm to last for hours. On me it lasts an hour or so if I'm not eating or drinking.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by pinkiepie

Waaay too much shimmer in this. It gives a "frosted" look to the lips, very 80's. Not flattering at all. It also has zero lasting power, gone in about 15 minutes.

Overall, I did not like the product at all. I noticed that the retailer had a display box that featured a cute, natural looking girl wearing a bandana. She had very frosted lips, though, which looked ridiculous on her. I should have been warned by that, but gave it a try anyway. I shouldn't have.

I do give it an extra point for the minty scent and tingle. I like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by digxmexnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my all-time favorite lip product. I'm a moody make-up user, but I have stuck with this little guy for years. It's just the right amount of color and shimmer for day or night, it's not heavy, it's moisturizing and it's got a nice minty tingle.

This will be a lasting relationship!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by mam311

Wish I could say I loved this stuff, but ick! It does moisturize, and the color was nice, but the taste is horrible, and the smell is way to strong for me. I had a headache within 15 min of wearing this. I'm super sensitive to smells, so if you are too I would be cautious about this product.