Avene Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.9

Water (Aqua), Triethanolamine, Sodium Chloride, Poloxamer 188, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sorbitol.

on 10/17/2012 8:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Promoted as a "gentle" cleanser, there should be mention that it is TOO gentle remove eye makeup. Yes, after two rounds of cotton, it took off much of the shadow, but not all. And did not remove my mascara (non-WP). So what's the point?

on 8/7/2012 10:26:00 AM

I wanted to like this and I gave it so many chances but it failed me Everytime. It has a strong smell, didn't remove my makeup like it should. I would get a better result by washing my entire face. I used a massive amount of this, tried to remove it over and over, even tried rubbing vigorously! I'll stick to my oil based eye makeup remover. Cheaper and effective. Please don't go out and purchase this! There's many better options out there!

on 7/3/2012 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The first time I tried using this, it didn't irritate my eye, neither on the lid or in my eyes, but I was still annoyed with it because I didn't find it effective at removing my eye makeup. I didn't use it for a while and then came back to it. The next time I thought the cotton pad was too dry and so tried adding more product and drenched it. That worked. Basically, it works well and is gentle when you use a fair amount of it. Each bottle is not that expensive, but the cost may add up of you need to use it every day. For me it's worth it because I have sensitive skin and a lot of removers sting my eyes.

on 8/15/2011 6:34:00 AM

I really liked this. Firstly my eyes are uber sensitive & when I tried this they had been battling some eyelid dry itchy redness. This product took my eye makeup off easily & *shock* with no irritation. My eyes actually felt better!

This product is fantastic because it puts moisture back into the eye area. This is a much needed thing for dry, red eyelids. No irritation or greasy, irritating eye gritty feeling either.

I paid $21 for a bottle & I had to remove a lippie as I needed to use a fair bit. I anticipate going through this bottle quite fast, so not very good value for money. Nevertheless I will definately buy this lil gem again as it actually helped my eyelids. So thumbs up Avene!

on 5/23/2011 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm at a loss to understand how this is gentle. It has one of the strongest fragrances I've ever come across outside of an actual perfume. Like a bouquet of dried flowers or an equally artificial household spray. That should have been a tip to me not to actually try it on my skin, but I went ahead and applied some to a q-tip and attempted to remove my eyeliner. It stung my skin and caused my eyes to water immediately. I only got as far as the upper lid of one eye, and it didn't remove the liner at all. I was a simple kohl liner from Chanel, nothing waterproof or glittery and it didn't budge.

My skin is very sensitive, combination, and pale so I do tend to occasionally react to skin care. But Avene is marketed towards sensitive skin and supposedly very gentle. I couldn't tolerate this at all, and it left my eye looking red and inflamed for a few hours.

I couldn't return my bottle, so I gave it to my cousin. Her skin can handle anything: perfumed products, harsh scrubs, strong chemical peels, and intense acne treatments. Yet she couldn't use this either. It didn't remove any of her makeup (even with repeated attempts), and a few minutes later she had red bumps all over her eyes.

So this ended up being thrown away. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, particularly those with sensitive skin. Anyone interested in this should definitely try a sample first.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have sensitive skin and this product did not irritate my eyes. However it did not remove my eye makeup. I sat with cotton discs full of product and patiently soaked my eyelids and lashes. It did not work adequately and I needed to use an oil based remover afterwards. It also takes a lot of product to get the cotton pad damp enough, which makes it expensive as well as close to useless for the job. This was a really disappointing product from avene

on 3/30/2010 11:55:00 AM

As an eye makeup remover, this is basically disqualified for one.

PROS: It is indeed made for sensitive eyes and so gentle that it didn't help me much in removing my makeup. I have sensitive eyes and it didn't sting.

CONS: It does not remove waterproof mascara effectively without rubbing hard and long. And that is after i tried to let it sit for 30secs in my lashes. It is very pricey, spent SGD$25.40 for it.

on 3/16/2010 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Did not like this product for these reasons:
-the packaging is not convenient to use - I find that I need to shake the bottle to get the gel-like liquid to come out
-I need to use a lot of product to remove even just my clinique mascara
-it just doesnt seem to work with cotton discs - when i put a little blob, it feels too dry on the skin and pulls it, if I put a bit more on, the cotton disc gets all soggy and unpleasant.
-I need to do a lot of rubbing to get the make-up off.
-most definitely will not re-purchase

on 3/14/2010 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is meant for sensitive skin but it burn a bit on my skin. The SA told me that I needed to put the product on my e/l and my eyelashes and leave it there for a minute and then wipe it off. I found that it is more effective then, but it's not a nice product to use if you have sensitive skin like mine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the best makeup remover that I've tried by far. I'm almost on my second bottle. I normally wear waterproof eyeliner and mascara and it removes it perfectly with just a dab on a cotton pad. I love the consistensy of it too. It feels oily but it has no oils in it what so ever and it is super moisturizng and gentle on my eyes. I do find it to be a bit expensitive. Shoppers drug mart sells it for about $27 for 125ml but it's well worth it and I just can't believe I've found something that doesn't irritate my eyes. If I rub too much to get the makeup off, I find it makes my eyes a little red (no stinging though) but just a spritz of Avene thermal spring water takes the redness away in just a few minutes. Great product overall. Hope this helps!