August 21, 2014 | 2137 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Active Hydrating Cream - Original

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Pandora28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG moisturizer! I've been using it for several years now. After I rub this on, my skin feels so devine. The subtle rose smell is not an issue for me. In fact, it goes away after a couple of minutes. It's oil-free so I don't have to worry about breakouts or a shiny face. It does its job of moisturizing my skin, nothing more. I prefer the cream over the fluid because it's more hydrating. It's great under make-up and in combination with other products. I've converted several of my friends and relatives into using this cream and they love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I simply love this moisturizer. I love the way it smells. I love the way it applies. I love the overly girly pink color it is.

I have had this moisturizer for awhile, but I love putting it on. It doesn't cause acne or burn and irritate my sensitive skin.

Some people have complained about the product coming in a jar, but I enjoy dipping my fingers into the product. I don't tend to freak out about contamination, as I usually have washed my face before I put moisturizer on it and my hands are pretty clean. Besides if I'm touching the outside of a squeeze jar bacteria isn't going to just sit on the outside of the opening. Its going to move into the product to some extent. That's just the nature of those sneaky microbes they find ways into everything! Of course then again I have been fighting acne lately so maybe don't listen to me. I've never tried the fluid version of this product, but I would imagine it would be a good alternative for those more hygiene-centric than myself.

I used to use a moisturizer by Boots that worked pretty well, but wasn't delivering as much moisture as I was needing. After hours of looking at products at Target I picked this moisturizer out. Since that initial purchase I have repurchased this several times. I tried the night version, but don't enjoy it as much, though I do use it when I am extra dry.

I'm not mad this product doesn't have spf, but I wish I would be more persistent about putting sunscreen on because this has none, but I guess that's my own battle to conquer.

I'd absolutely recommend you give this a try. If you hate it you aren't out much money and if you were lucky enough to buy it from a story with a good return policy you can always get your money back.

Good job Olay! You make me smile! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Alright. I have combination/dry skin (oily T-Zone, dry cheeks and chin) that rarely gets irritated, rarely breaks out (other than that typical zit or two that comes along with periods), and other than the annoying hyperpigmentation that comes along with darker skin basically gives me no issues. I take care of my skin, but I can't deny that I seriously lucked out in the genetics department since none of my family has or has had skin problems. So if you're acne-prone, sensitive, oilier than a BP spill, whatever, I don't know how this will work for you.

The reason I said all that is because this moisturizer is good. For moisturizing. That's it. I'm not complaining about that fact, because I use this as a day cream when I don't plan on needing an SPF or leaving the house or whatever. It works nicely. It soaks into my skin easily and quenches my thirsty cheeks while calming down my oily nose and forehead. It works really great under makeup, and if it weren't for that fact I probably wouldn't love it as much as I do. BUT, if you have skin problems you want solved, this isn't going to help you. It's just not. It's not going to clear your scarring (trust me, I wish), it's not going to shrink your pores, and even though the scent's really light and clean (kind of like baby powder) for all I know it might break sensitive people out. It makes my skin softer. It makes it feel smoother. It keeps my skin moisturized without leaving that waxy feeling all day until I wash my face at night. It does what it says. For that, I love it. It also lasts a looooooong time. I've had my jar for over a year and it's still halfway full.

If you have skin that chills out and doesn't need much outside the cleanse/exfoliate/moisturize cycle, this will most likely do you good. If you have skins issues you want to target with a moisturizer, you probably want to look elsewhere. People complain about the jar but I don't see the problem. You're supposed to be using clean fingers when you apply anything to your face anyway, but whatever. I'd have to say it's a solid drugstore moisturizer that gets the job done. I'll probably buy it again too -- but I have another year to consider it since it lasts so long.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by zoohousekey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this cream at night year round and during the day as well in winter. It keeps my skin from flaking and looking dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Crissaay

HG moisturizer! I'm on my 8th jar or.. 9th, 10th... I've lost track. Love how it sets and hydrates my skin. First time I used this was when my skin broke out and started to become dry and flaky due to the acne treatments. After the first use, I seen fast and great results. My skin started to look healthy and glowy... and THIS DID NOT BREAK ME OUT AT ALL which is a huge PLUS for me! Definitely recommend this

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by brendacruz0709

It simply irritated my skin then it broke me out the next day ;(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have reviewed the lotion, which is pretty much my HG for most of the time, but winter is here, along with every.single.weekend spent snowboarding, and I needed something heavier...

Rather than take my chances with something off the shelf that might break me out, stay greasy, not hydrate, cost a bloody fortune and all around be a damned disappointment (again), I decided to pop the seven bucks for the lotion's slightly more Rubenesque sister...the cream!

Same smell as the lotion, which fades after about five minutes. Goes on with nice slip and your skin just SUCKS it up if it's dry like mine. Stays hydrated for the most of the day and doesn't break me out.

Not a lot of foofoo, no anti/hydrox/superduper/chemically-sounding names that supposedly will do whamodyne things to your skin and...uh...don't. It DOES have silicones in it, which irritates me. I am using it as a night cream, my pillows don't care if my face looks smoother when I sleep (and I don't believe hubby does either; if I ask him, he'll just look at me confusedly and mumble "What the f*** are you talking about??) The lotion doesn't contain 'cones as far as I know, which I have to be sparing with, as over time I will get breakouts.

No sunscreen, either, which is fine by me...I put mine on after the fact because most sunscreen-inclusive lotions either make me break out, make my face burn, or greaseball me from here to kingdom come. That, and this is a minor quibble, but I don't want to smell like I'm at the beach when I'm getting ready to go out. It confuses me, y'know?

All in all, a basic, common, everyday kinda staple. Good deal.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by megelizabethmax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, so the smell put me off AT FIRST. I thought it was incredibly old lady. HOWEVER, after using it for about a month, I have fallen in love with this product. It makes my skin so soft and hydrates it so well. I only use it at night, but it's made a difference in my skin, and I no longer get dry and flakey! If you can get over the old lady smell, this moisturizer is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by JollyRancher

This moisturizer does a great job at what it's supposed to do! I have tried Hope in a Jar by Philosophy and they really can't compare. Olay smells much better than Philosophy's Hope and does a way better job for much cheaper. Can't beat that. About the smell I guess you either love it or hate it but at the end it doesn't matter because it goes away after 10 minutes and if the smell is one of the things keeping you from using this, it's definitely worth it giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by chipshumptydumpty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really oily skin that is acne prone and I use a tretinoin treatment which leaves me flaking but without pimples, so i have really dry spots who get oily trough the day. Really weird. I was using an Origins moisturizer (the white tea one) but it was not helping at all it just made my skin greasy but still flaky while being irritating. As soon as i bought this one it tried it and it was like a miracle! Was not greasy, was really soothing and refreshing, made my skin soft and the flakes disappeared. I'm so relieved i bought it and for the price it's a steal. The only thing i didn't like at first was the smell but after a while i stopped noticing it. Anyways it kind of disappear after a certain time.