Olay Active Hydrating Cream - Original

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

water, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, petrolatum, cyclopentasiloxane, stearyl alcohol, isopropyl palmitate, dimethicone, carbomer, PEG-100 stearate, stearic acid, sodium hydroxide, DMDM hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, EDTA, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, fragrance, titanium dioxide, red 4.

on 7/25/2012 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Really great nighttime moisturizer! I have very dry, super sensitive skin, so this is what I use in the spring and summer. I don't love the baby powdery smell, but it goes away pretty quickly. Not oily at all, sinks right into my skin, keeps it pretty moisturized. It would be nice if it came in a tube or something, but I don't mind much - your fingers should be pretty clean after washing your face, anyway. I've been curious about using higher-end face-care products, but I'm certainly happy with this one.

on 7/23/2012 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I really like this product. At first I purchased it because my 'wonderful' skin developed a heat rash (which happens to me every year as the weather heats up). It really hydrated my skin and didn't sting or irritate the rash. But now, I use it as a regular day/night moisturizer. It is a little heavy on my oily/comb. skin so I don't wear it when going outside in the heat for prolonged periods, but indoors and at night it makes my face so soft and wonderful looking. I will repurchase!

on 7/2/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

on my second jar. this moisturizer is VERY moisturizing. its amazing for dry patches. definitley great for very dry skin, but it does not bother my oily/dry skin. it is a bit heavy, so you dont need a lot on your face. a little goes a long way! which means this jar will last awhile. my first jar lasted about 3-5 months. like i said earlier, this cream is pretty heavy and i use it for nighttime but when i have dry flakes it works in the day just as well! its good underneath makeup! this has replaced my night of olay cream, which are pretty much the same thing except the active hydraing cream is like a dollar higher. this amazing cream is only a little over $6 at target which is a great deal for an amazing moisturizer.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my HG facial moisturizer, and I will continue to buy it again and again. The skin on my face is sensitive - I have big, oily pores with patches of extreme dryness. Some products tend to give me redness or can even cause me to break out.
This moisturizer, however, has always been perfect for my skin. It's light enough not to clog my pores and cause breakouts, but hydrating enough to treat those dry spots on my cheeks and forehead. It has never caused a reaction with my sensitive skin. Great under makeup! I recommend this, especially for tricky combination skin.

on 4/26/2012 7:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my HG moisturizer! I've been using it for several years now. After I rub this on, my skin feels so devine. The subtle rose smell is not an issue for me. In fact, it goes away after a couple of minutes. It's oil-free so I don't have to worry about breakouts or a shiny face. It does its job of moisturizing my skin, nothing more. I prefer the cream over the fluid because it's more hydrating. It's great under make-up and in combination with other products. I've converted several of my friends and relatives into using this cream and they love it.

on 4/25/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I simply love this moisturizer. I love the way it smells. I love the way it applies. I love the overly girly pink color it is.

I have had this moisturizer for awhile, but I love putting it on. It doesn't cause acne or burn and irritate my sensitive skin.

Some people have complained about the product coming in a jar, but I enjoy dipping my fingers into the product. I don't tend to freak out about contamination, as I usually have washed my face before I put moisturizer on it and my hands are pretty clean. Besides if I'm touching the outside of a squeeze jar bacteria isn't going to just sit on the outside of the opening. Its going to move into the product to some extent. That's just the nature of those sneaky microbes they find ways into everything! Of course then again I have been fighting acne lately so maybe don't listen to me. I've never tried the fluid version of this product, but I would imagine it would be a good alternative for those more hygiene-centric than myself.

I used to use a moisturizer by Boots that worked pretty well, but wasn't delivering as much moisture as I was needing. After hours of looking at products at Target I picked this moisturizer out. Since that initial purchase I have repurchased this several times. I tried the night version, but don't enjoy it as much, though I do use it when I am extra dry.

I'm not mad this product doesn't have spf, but I wish I would be more persistent about putting sunscreen on because this has none, but I guess that's my own battle to conquer.

I'd absolutely recommend you give this a try. If you hate it you aren't out much money and if you were lucky enough to buy it from a story with a good return policy you can always get your money back.

Good job Olay! You make me smile! :)

on 4/23/2012 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Alright. I have combination/dry skin (oily T-Zone, dry cheeks and chin) that rarely gets irritated, rarely breaks out (other than that typical zit or two that comes along with periods), and other than the annoying hyperpigmentation that comes along with darker skin basically gives me no issues. I take care of my skin, but I can't deny that I seriously lucked out in the genetics department since none of my family has or has had skin problems. So if you're acne-prone, sensitive, oilier than a BP spill, whatever, I don't know how this will work for you.

The reason I said all that is because this moisturizer is good. For moisturizing. That's it. I'm not complaining about that fact, because I use this as a day cream when I don't plan on needing an SPF or leaving the house or whatever. It works nicely. It soaks into my skin easily and quenches my thirsty cheeks while calming down my oily nose and forehead. It works really great under makeup, and if it weren't for that fact I probably wouldn't love it as much as I do. BUT, if you have skin problems you want solved, this isn't going to help you. It's just not. It's not going to clear your scarring (trust me, I wish), it's not going to shrink your pores, and even though the scent's really light and clean (kind of like baby powder) for all I know it might break sensitive people out. It makes my skin softer. It makes it feel smoother. It keeps my skin moisturized without leaving that waxy feeling all day until I wash my face at night. It does what it says. For that, I love it. It also lasts a looooooong time. I've had my jar for over a year and it's still halfway full.

If you have skin that chills out and doesn't need much outside the cleanse/exfoliate/moisturize cycle, this will most likely do you good. If you have skins issues you want to target with a moisturizer, you probably want to look elsewhere. People complain about the jar but I don't see the problem. You're supposed to be using clean fingers when you apply anything to your face anyway, but whatever. I'd have to say it's a solid drugstore moisturizer that gets the job done. I'll probably buy it again too -- but I have another year to consider it since it lasts so long.

on 2/12/2012 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use this cream at night year round and during the day as well in winter. It keeps my skin from flaking and looking dry.

on 1/3/2012 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HG moisturizer! I'm on my 8th jar or.. 9th, 10th... I've lost track. Love how it sets and hydrates my skin. First time I used this was when my skin broke out and started to become dry and flaky due to the acne treatments. After the first use, I seen fast and great results. My skin started to look healthy and glowy... and THIS DID NOT BREAK ME OUT AT ALL which is a huge PLUS for me! Definitely recommend this

It simply irritated my skin then it broke me out the next day ;(