July 30, 2014 | 1450 users online

Hair Treatments - Aussie - 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After reading so many rave reviews of this product (both here on MUA and on seemingly every beauty/hair care blog in existence), I was excited to test it out. I deal with a wide and exciting variety of hair issues: thinness, brittleness, dryness, frizz, you name it. No fun. So when I found a product with near-universal success in eliminating ALL OF THE ABOVE, you can bet I popped right out to CVS to buy it.

First off, the price is excellent. It's one of the cheapest products in the hair stuff aisle, and for a decent amount of product, too - if this were a normal shampoo or conditioner, I wouldn't need more than a bottle a month or so.

Speaking of the bottle, this was the first stumbling block. It's an unusual upside-down squeeze bottle that technically doesn't have a cap. The only thing to stop the product oozing out of the mouth is that it's INCREDIBLY thick. Squeezing out even a modest amount (especially with slippery, shower-wet hands) is kind of a chore, and it holds its shape so well that a good amount of shaking is required to get it to stop adhering to the sides of the bottle and actually get close enough to the mouth to get squeezed out.

However, the biggest stumbling block for me was that, in normal concentrations, it doesn't do jack for my hair. I was very disappointed when I worked a palm-sized dollop into my pixie cut-length hair, let it sit for five minutes, washed it out, and saw exactly zero improvement. The frizz and rough texture were still there, as strong as ever.

So I played around with it, letting it sit for longer, using a bigger dollop, and so on. Eventually, I found that the only way I could get any sort of noticeable result is using an ice-cream-scoop-sized blob and letting it sit for at least 10 minutes. Remember, I have a pixie cut! I really felt like I shouldn't have to use so much product on so little hair. And even then, the results weren't really anything to write home about. If asked, my boyfriend said that it felt a little softer, but I still found myself needing daily application of my beloved John Frieda Frizz-Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir to avoid looking like I'd been recently electrocuted.

I eventually enlisted my sister as a guinea pig, to see if it did anything for her hair (which is thicker and a touch less coarse than mine, but similarly frizzy). We found that her hair was softer, but not smoother. So maybe I'm just in the 0.0000001% of the population that Aussie's magic doesn't work on.

Pros:
- Excellent price
- Plenty of bang for your buck
- Pleasant tropical smell

Cons
- Kind of a chore to get out of the bottle
- Did not make my hair smoother or stronger
- Disproportionately large amount of product needed to impart even minimal softness/moisture

TL;DR: While the evidence is overwhelmingly in its favor, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle was, shall we say, a little underwhelming. The search for better hair continues!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by brainyforester7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i used this product and immediately saw results. my hair doesnt look so broken or damaged anymore. its is easier to blow dry and straighten which is always a plus

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

If you like this product or want something heavier then I recommend Tresemme's Smooth & Silky conditioner (makes hair shiny and soft) or their Keratin conditioner (smoothes frizz and straightens hair). I use them both together (this may be too much for most people) and they get the job done for me as long as I use a clarifying shampoo once a month.

This conditioner is thicker than most but really did nothing except detangle my hair. My hair was still just as dry afterward.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by arianaXmonster

I have bleached hair and let me tell you this stuff is truly a miracle DO NOT use with you're conditioner only use once a week in place of youre conditioner :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I absolutely love everything about this product :smell , treatment, hair feeling rrpaired and sooo soooffttt . The only issue is the packaging. Very hard yo squeeze product out, and the product doesnt last for a long time either. For the price given in supermarkets, it is not a very good value of money, but if on a salle, its a miracle for every hair !!! (:

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by 3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a cheap quick deep conditioner and this came highly recommended so I gave it a try. I hated the container.... very hard to squeeze out the product. Texture was a little thick... detangles well but that's about it. my long fine hair was dry from coloring and this did little to help. It really made my hair greasy and weighed down. My hair feels sticky and coated now. won't use this again.... it may work better on a different hair texture though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by PrupleOne

LOVE this stuff! I have been using it for over 3 years now and it never disappoints. Every time I use it (about once a week because I'm guessing if overused it would weigh down my hair) my hair is shinier, softer, and looks all-around healthier. I get so many compliments on my hair whenever I use it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a decent protein-free conditioner. I like the smell and consistency but I dislike the packaging. It's impossible to get every last bit out and I'm one of those cheapies who likes to use every.last.drop.
Anyway, this stuff is pretty cheap and I keep it in my beauty arsenal because decent protein-free conditioners are hard to find.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why this product is so famous, it did nothing for my hair. And my hair is not so damaged, But i had a hair that was never discolored and I did ombré hair, so i felt the texture very different after that, i needed something to hydrate. I heard about Aussie and i tried once, twice, 3 times... nothing. It not just did nothing for my hair but i felt like any conditioner was better then this one, it actually made it worst and my hair fells heavy with it. Im trowing this away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by jab2eb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was looking for a deep conditioner that was inexpensive. To be honest this worked like a typical conditioner. It was pretty mediocre in terms of being a really "DEEP" conditioner as my hair wasn't as soft, shiny, or detangled as it usually is. Aussie does get thumbs up though for the easy, no-mess packaging and for the great smell. I believe that to get really awesome results you would probably have to add heat and/or wear it for longer than the 3 minutes that the product suggests. I normally use Herbal Essences "Hello Hydration" Conditioner which actually conditions better and smells equally as awesome, so I think I'll stick to that.