September 2, 2014 | 1389 users online

Hair Treatments - Aussie - 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by ladypamela1

1) The smell is OFFENSIVE and cheap. 2) It didn't perform any miracles for me. I have color treated hair that I heat style almost daily and I felt this would at least be adequate based on reviews. I am being as fair as I can based on the actual cheap drugstore prices..but Ughhhh. This stuff was useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by laurenearll87

This is one of those products that I run to the store to get more of the minute I run out! I have very long hair that is prone to dryness. The difference that this stuff makes on my hair is unbelievable; it takes my hair from straw and turns it to silk! just make sure you wash it out thoroughly and go easy on your roots! It is also THE BEST detangler I have ever tried. It makes my hair practically detangle itself while I am in the shower! Saves my hair from a lot of damage from raking through it. Give this stuff a try if you have dry hair, you will be glad you did! You can't beat the price either; I get mine for under 3 bucks at Walmart. A++!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Bridge013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have thick, curly hair that is a pain to comb out, especially when it's wet. I bought this hoping for detangling at the least. I was in for a fabulous surprise! I use my fingers to comb this stuff through in the shower and when I go to comb it, it's like silk. It literally takes me about 30 seconds as before it took 5 minutes. This has saved me a lot of pain. I scooped it up in a 2-for-1 deal so it was less than six dollars for both. I actually like the packaging because it's no mess, but I you definitely won't be able to scrap the bottom of the bottle, which may waste product. LOVE this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by sinbadjad

Bleghhhh. I used this product on relatively undamaged hair only to find that it dried out my hair- especially the tips of my hair. I followed the labels directions and although I didn't use it with any Aussie products, I didn't expect it to be so drying. I might compare it to using pantene; these products are cheap and act like it.
The texture of the product is pretty creamy which is what I'd expect, but it almost seemed watery. Smell is okay, nothing special.
I really don't recommend this product to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Avacooperlovesmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this product! The packaging is the best because it doesn't need a cap, the smell is so exotic like coconuts, and the product itself makes my hair feel and look so healthy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

I have tried conditioners from every price point and this one is my all time fave! Though this is supposed to be a conditioning treatment, I use it every time I wash my hair as my usual conditioner. Not only does it smell AMAZING (I get compliments from everyone around me right after I've showered), but it makes my hair so soft and silky and helps keep my natural curls from getting frizzy. The price is so affordable that I will continue to buy forever! My one complaint is the packaging; While the squeeze bottle is convenient, it makes it difficult to get the last bits of product out. Besides that, an amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by alxprc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been in my shower for the past several years! Learned about it while doing home-bleaching. It truly is a miracle. Smells like coconut and feels great. After a couple bleaching processes where my hair felt like straw, this was the perfect cure like nothing else I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Kaylawimbleton

This is an amazing good if you keep it on longer than it tells you on the packaging. If you use this as a deep treatment and keep it on your hair for 1 hour or as long as you desire it is really good. Makes your hair soft and smelling amazing. Quite cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Jae55

This product works great on my hair! Not only do I use it as my usual conditioner but I also use it as a leave in conditioner! It helped my hair out a lot, my hair had been so damaged because of bleaching and dying it blonde for so many years I am now a brunette and my hair is not as dry and fried like before! Love this product and the price isn't so bad either!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After reading so many rave reviews of this product (both here on MUA and on seemingly every beauty/hair care blog in existence), I was excited to test it out. I deal with a wide and exciting variety of hair issues: thinness, brittleness, dryness, frizz, you name it. No fun. So when I found a product with near-universal success in eliminating ALL OF THE ABOVE, you can bet I popped right out to CVS to buy it.

First off, the price is excellent. It's one of the cheapest products in the hair stuff aisle, and for a decent amount of product, too - if this were a normal shampoo or conditioner, I wouldn't need more than a bottle a month or so.

Speaking of the bottle, this was the first stumbling block. It's an unusual upside-down squeeze bottle that technically doesn't have a cap. The only thing to stop the product oozing out of the mouth is that it's INCREDIBLY thick. Squeezing out even a modest amount (especially with slippery, shower-wet hands) is kind of a chore, and it holds its shape so well that a good amount of shaking is required to get it to stop adhering to the sides of the bottle and actually get close enough to the mouth to get squeezed out.

However, the biggest stumbling block for me was that, in normal concentrations, it doesn't do jack for my hair. I was very disappointed when I worked a palm-sized dollop into my pixie cut-length hair, let it sit for five minutes, washed it out, and saw exactly zero improvement. The frizz and rough texture were still there, as strong as ever.

So I played around with it, letting it sit for longer, using a bigger dollop, and so on. Eventually, I found that the only way I could get any sort of noticeable result is using an ice-cream-scoop-sized blob and letting it sit for at least 10 minutes. Remember, I have a pixie cut! I really felt like I shouldn't have to use so much product on so little hair. And even then, the results weren't really anything to write home about. If asked, my boyfriend said that it felt a little softer, but I still found myself needing daily application of my beloved John Frieda Frizz-Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir to avoid looking like I'd been recently electrocuted.

I eventually enlisted my sister as a guinea pig, to see if it did anything for her hair (which is thicker and a touch less coarse than mine, but similarly frizzy). We found that her hair was softer, but not smoother. So maybe I'm just in the 0.0000001% of the population that Aussie's magic doesn't work on.

Pros:
- Excellent price
- Plenty of bang for your buck
- Pleasant tropical smell

Cons
- Kind of a chore to get out of the bottle
- Did not make my hair smoother or stronger
- Disproportionately large amount of product needed to impart even minimal softness/moisture

TL;DR: While the evidence is overwhelmingly in its favor, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle was, shall we say, a little underwhelming. The search for better hair continues!