September 23, 2014 | 2085 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Nail Growth Miracle

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by saraxsmile

This is no MIRACLE, but my nails did grow. However, they didn't grow as long or as fast as I thought they would (based on the glowing reviews for this product I had high hopes). This product wasn't completely terrible though, and they really didn't strengthen my nails against breaking and splitting. It dried fast and wasn't too thick and goopy like some topcoats can be. Overall, I would not get this again, as I feel like its a waste of money. In the future I think I'll try Orly nail defense or butter London horsepower.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

Hate! This made my nails worse.

Due, in large part, to pinterest I have been painting my nails like a woman possessed. As a result, they are hurting. Peeling, breaking, cracking and generally behaving badly. I knew I should just go get nailtiques but I was in the grocery store and there this was... Long story short my nails were brittle to the point of breaking off below the nail line, like 1/3 of the way down my nail bed, within about two weeks of use. I'm a midwife and I keep my nails as short as possible so for them to break it HURTS. I hate this crap, get nailtiques instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by bethy999

I used to be a bad nail biter but finally grew out of the habit. Even though I take a multi-vitamin, biotin, fish oil, vitamin C and folic acid none of the vitamins do anything for my nails. They are really flexible if I wash dishes and they break easily. So after hearing many rave reviews I decided to give this a try. I've been using it a little over a month and the results are great. My nails aren't as flexible and the tips seem whiter for some reason? My nails are always painted too, so putting this on as a base coat has been a life-saver in preventing the ugly yellow stains! Awesome buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by kimk89

WOW!!! it really is a miracle! this product saved my nails after so many months of having acrylics and gel nails....my nails were so brittle! but this product really did strengthen them and made my nails grow faster. Totally did not expect it to work this well.You definately should give it a try if you are lookin to strengthen your nails and make them grow faster

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by MsGoddessintraining

I love this product. I have NEVER had long nails. I always had splitting nails and so I would clip them as short as I could. Now I am really happy with the length they are at. I used this and alternated it with the Miracle Nail Thickener. Highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this in combination with the nailgrowth serum. Together, they totally change the condition of my nails. I was a life-long nail biter. My nails were short, brittle and peel off easily. When I finally decided to quit (yet again), I started to put this on my horrible looking nails regularly to prevent myself from biting them.

I do not use it every other day as written on the instruction. I use it as a base coat for my nail polishes. I have to cover my nails with colorful polishes to prevent myself from biting. That said, I usually redo my nails every three to four days so I would apply it not far between.

As a base coat, I quite like it. It dries out pretty quickly and provide a good layer of prevention from yellowing or staining. Together with Rimmel's quick dry top coat, my manicure can usually last around a week. As a treatment alone, it gives a nice shine to my natural looking nails. Now I would just swipe it on if I get lazy.

It totally strengthened my nails and promoted growth in general. Now I can have beautiful looking manicure and not afraid to show my hands to others.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by kekki

I can't say enough good things about Nailgrowth Miracle (in the gold bottle). After reading reviews about it on MA, I hunted it down and gave it a try, and YEA! This seems to strengthen the tips and promote growth on my nails that are weak, and prone to splitting and peeling. For the first time since I had acrylic nails (5 years ago!) I can look at my hands and smile because I see my nails looking better and feeling stronger. My thanks to previous reviewers.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by lilmi

Costs around 10.00 a bottle (13.3ml)
Bottle itself is gold as shown in the picture so you wont have any indication of how much you have left once you start using it.

Is it worth 10? No.
Does it do what it's meant to do? No.
~~
Let me explain:

I don't see how this 'treatment' is any different to clear nail varnish. I've been using it for about two weeks and can't see a difference. My nails haven't grown any faster. They haven't gotten stronger either. Chips very easily, even though I always put on more than one coat. Infact, when the polish chips, it also takes a bit of my actual nail with it. Hence my tips are even thinner. I think it's a huge waste of money.
The only upside is that it does dry fairly quickly.
~
~
I will not be repurchasing. I'm just going to use what's left of it as a basecoat and then shop around for something better that actually does what it claims.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

This growth polish has an almost sticky consistency, applys streaky, & chips/peals off easily the very next day. Its no miracle! Nailtiques Nail Protein Formula 2 Plus is way better quality & actually makes my nails grow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by tamara90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This worked surprisingly well.. for the past 2 years my nails have become really weak, they'd never grow and if they did they would always peel and break. So a few months ago i gave up and got gel nails, after removing those my nails were worse, and this has been the best thing to happen to my nails ever since! its not some miracle product which is going to make ur nails grow an inch every day but it does make your nails stronger and i havent had a broken nail ever since i started using it.