November 29, 2014 | 982 users online

Eyeliner - Lise Watier - Lise Watier Waterproof Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by enrichthis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought Lise Watier waterproof eyeliner in black as I was going to a funeral and knew my Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner wasn't going to cut it. I know that UD's 24/7 liner is supposed to be waterproof, however, as much as I love the creaminess and pigmentation, I've found that it will smudge if my eyes become watery and will run at the corners of my eyes when it's applied to my waterline.

Of all of the eyeliners I swatched at Shopper's Drugmart, the Lise Watier one came out in front by far. It's very creamy/smooth, pigmented, doesn't smudge and the black is a true black. I also noticed that the packaging is nearly exactly the same as Urban Decay.

After the funeral, I was prepared to have to do some serious touchups, but was pleasantly surprised that the Lise Watier liner had stayed put through my bawling marathon. I had lined my upper lashline and lower waterline with this and have no complaints. No color was creeping out the corners of my eyes, no panda eyes, it looked like I had just applied. I did reapply a bit to the waterline, but that's expected anytime I line my waterline.

All I have to say is WOW, this is some good eyeliner ladies! I definately recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by missburlington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of black eyeliner. But black eyeliner is a tricky thing; while it can look great, it can also give you serious panda eyes. That's why it's so important to use a high quality, waterproof pencil. This one is definitely HG! It's soft, applies smoothly and is easy to blend. The black is a true black and very opaque. But the best part is: it doesn't smudge! With other brands, I found that I would end up with pencil smudged in the outer corners and crease of my eyes. This eyeliner does not move. It's not exactly cheap but as far as I'm concerned it is worth $17CAD. The only teeny tiny complaint I have is that you can't stick the cap on the end, just because I have a habit of misplacing them.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner stays put, does not smudge and waterproof.

I really like this eyeliner because I have been searching for an eyeliner that won't leave me with raccoon eyes. I have tried so many brands from low end to high end.

I also like the Milani Liquif Eye Pencil as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

No smudging+staying power+pigmented+able to last on my waterline+great color selection+good price (for the quality you get) = HG. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Jamie016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this liner (I have it in white) and it is also the first time I'm using eyeliner on the waterline (this soft pencil made it easy to get over my fear of tightlining). It stays on the waterline (really waterproof) and is really pigmented (only need to draw once). The only downside is the price (20 dollars for one pencil).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by gvk038

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've wasted my money buying a lot of eyeliners and have finally found my HG. It glides on smoothly and lasts all day long even on those hot, humid summer days. It comes off easily with waterproof eye makeup remover and is a nice intense black, hence the name, "Noir Intense". It costs $17 CAD but it was worth every cent. Will buy again. FYI: It is suggested that for best results to use the Lise Watier Sharpening Pencil. I recommend this as well. I paid $6 CAD at Shopper's Drug Mart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by bloodyroses

I figured it's much more useful to review 7 different pencil liners at the same time. For reference, I'm Asian, my eyes are not hooded and are very sensitive. I wear contacts and my seasonal allergies go berserk when spring comes, so they get really watery and itchy. I never wear liner alone--always with eyeshadow primer and eyeshadow. The bottoms of my lids are not oily. The objective was to test out how these liners wear on the waterline

LISE WATIER WATERPROOF EYELINER in NOIR INTENSE

This liner definitely STAYS put. Just watch out if you're crying--then it can get a little smudgey. It's very smooth--no skipping or anything. It's also really pigmented, so you only need to draw the line once. It wears really well on the upper waterline, the upper lashline and the lower lashline, but when you put it on the lower waterline, it doesn't stay on. It fades from the lower waterline and also feels sticky--I've figured out that this is part of this particular liner's stay-put quality. The wear on the other parts of the eye are all-day. Lower waterline wear is just a little uncomfortable and lasts only about half an hour (which is good--the sticky feeling won't bother you the whole day, then). 17CAD, found at London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart and Sears Canada.

LANCOME LE CRAYON KHOL in BLACK EBONY

Super sotty black. Like, THE blackest black. Super easy to apply because of the high pigmentation. But aside from that, it's no fun to wear. In about half an hour, I no longer have a prettily lined waterline--instead it has migrated three times the thickness of the original line and it DOESN'T come off. Well, not unless I go at it with a q-tip soaked in makeup remover, but really, who carries makeup remover in their purse? 27CAD at The Bay, Sears Canada, Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart and London Drugs.

MAC EYE KOHL in SMOLDER

For an eye kohl pencil, the staying power is really not that bad. It's about 2 hours of perfection. As the day goes on, it fades away. It does smudge, as well, but minimal. An "eh" pencil. One could do better. But if your eyes aren't very watery or anything, it'd probably be great for you. 17.50CAD at MAC at The Bay, MAC, MAC Pro.

SHU UEMURA DRAWING PENCIL in M BLACK 01

Hard to put on the waterline. It's probably because it's a waterproof pencil trying to draw on a wet waterline. It's very smooth and very black, though. Staying power is NIL. Absolutely nil. It was so bad, I returned it in a flash. After about an hour, it fades away COMPLETELY from the waterline and migrates waaaaaaaaay down below the lower lashline. 25CAD at Holt Refrew.

MAKE UP FOR EVER AQUA EYES in 0L

After the makeup board was recommending me this liner, I decided to try it out. I'm disappointed. It literally is the same story as the Shu drawing pencil. Very black with panda eyes in an hour, flat. Sigh. 19CAD at The Bay, Sephora, Sears Canada and Shoppers Drug Mart.

URBAN DECAY 24/7 GLIDE ON EYE PENCIL in ZERO

Again, another liner that just pissed me off. Everyone I talked to promised that it'd be THE liner and I was particularly excited because when Sephora opened just last summer, I made it part of my first purchase there. And you know what? Exact same story as the Shu drawing pencil and the MUFE liner. Pooey. 21CAD at Sephora.

MAC POWERPOINT in ENGRAVED

This liner has the same consistency as the Lise Watier liner, but this one actually stays much longer on the waterline, without that weird stickiness. Very smooth. You might need to run the liner over twice over the same place to make it darker, though. The fading is very gradual and very neat--it doesn't smudge and leave a mess below the lashline. I believe it only started to fade after 4 hours. So far, this liner wins the contest. 17.50CAD at MAC at The Bay, MAC, MAC Pro.

Phew. That was long. Hope this helps someone!

37 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Aerischan

I love this eye liner. It's not like any other department store eyeliners where its hard to apply on.

This one is soft and it's easy to apply. You don't have to press too hard, just gentle strokes along the eyelid.
And it is waterproof!! It doesn't run, it stays on until you wash it off!
I give it 4 stars mainly because this eyeliner isn't cheap, but above all other eyeliners, this one is my favourite.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by doreneturnbull

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far I have used Noir Intesnse and Acajou. I JUST LOVE THESE!!!!!
I have tried sooooo many waterproof eyeliners and this is the ONLY one that does what it says it will do. It actually stays on my eyes without running all over the place. I tried it in the shower to see what would happen and it still did not run all over my face. It stays put all day and comes off nicely with a creamy type of eye makeup remover. My favorite is the one that Avon makes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by juliettevictoria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lise Watier eyeliners are must-haves in my daily makeup routines. They are creamy, glides on smoothly, does not smudge, and lasts all day. Although priced at CAN $16, they are still relatively more affordable and of like quality than buying higher end brands for twice the price. I have the colors in: Noir Intense, Peacock (LOVE), Purple, Raisin Noir (LOVE), Blanc, Cappucino, Cacao (LOVE). There is not a day that I can go out without wearing atleast a LW eyeliner. I highly recommend this eyeliner for the price and quality you're paying for. It's definitely HG category in my list in terms of eyeliners!!