Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

3.5

Water Purified, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First time using this eye cream and have no reactions so far and my skin is super sensitive and dry like no tomorrow..... Wanted to change my skincare routine since I am now 40 went to Bobbi Brown products since I have liked them in the past.... Use to wear Clinique but they have changed their formulas and it broke me out and made my skin burn...Loving this eye cream as my under eye area is really dry..... Pricey as is all of Bobbi Brown products are but so far it hasn't made me break out which is awesome....

Don't waste your money ladies. First of all, it is a jar packaging which means all of the so-called state of the art ingredient will loose their potency with every single use since every time you open this jar the air gets in. Second of all, this cream is not worth the price tag AT ALL. It is not moisturizing enough, it does not erase any lines or make the undereye area smoother than any other (and better) eye creams. It just does nothing.
If you want a natural moisturizing remedy just mix primrose oil, vitamin E and argan oil together and you got yourself a long lasting, moisturizing cream for fraction of the cost.

I got a sample of this from sephora with a 500 pt beauty reward, the makeup palette was awesome, but the eye cream was horrible, it literally did nothing, not even hydrated a tiny bit, it sat in a thin film on top and didn't even penetrate. Worse than any regular old moisturizer you could use as an eye cream...

Update August 2014: I have continued trying other eye creams and recently found one I love, Amazonia Complete Eye Revive

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I surprised at the very negative reviews on this product. At a glance, it seems most of these are a result of an allergic reaction. Since there seems to be so many people reporting this, I would definitely obtain a sample of this before purchasing it in case this happens to you.

Personally, I did not have any negative reactions to this whatsoever. I applied to my entire eye area at night before bed after cleansing before moisturizing. There is no scent I noticed and the formula itself is pretty lightweight. I felt it gave my eyes (especially the eyelids) extra hydration and made them velvety soft for my morning makeup application. It's not a miracle product, but it's definitely a nice, moisturizing eye cream. I'm not sure it's worth the price tag. I'm a bit new to eye creams so I do not have a whole lot to compare this to. I would gladly use this again, though!

on 11/11/2013 8:25:00 AM

This eye cream does do a great job at hydrating around my eyes and my skin does get quite dry in the winter time. The product is quite thick but I haven't had any issues with needing to warm it up or anything and it absorbs into my skin quite quickly. I just take a light swipe with my ring finger straight from the jar and pat it all around my eye after I put on my face moisturizer. This cream has made it much easier for my under eye concealer to go on smoothly. That being said though, I don't think this cream does much else. I don't have many noticeable lines but they haven't changed at all and my dark circles are as dark as ever.

on 9/12/2013 9:36:00 PM

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PURCHASING!!!!!!!!!!

I purchased this eye cream yesterday after reading the glowing reviews here. I was pleasantly surprised (at the time) to find that her eye cream had been tweaked/reformulated. The silicones and parabens were removed from the formula, the quantities of certain ingredients were adjusted (eg Ethylhexyl Palmitate is now the 2nd [used to be 5th] ingredient in the list and Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil is now the 7th ingredient on the list [used to be right at the end] ), and added a bunch of other ingredients such as Trehalose, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyproline, Proline, Acrylates Copolymer, Phytantriol, Glycine, Linoleic Acid, Phytosphingonate, and Sodium Hydroxide.

I was excited to try the eye cream because the skin around my eyes are milia prone and I was trying to avoid mineral oil and silicones to see if they were the culprits.

Here is a comparison of the old vs new ingredients.

Old Ingredients:

New Ingredients:
Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cholestrol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyproline, Proline, Acrylates Copolymer, Phytantriol, Glycine, Linoleic Acid, Phytosphingonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

I applied a pea sized amount of the cream (after warming the product between my ring fingers around my eye. Towards the end I swiped my fingers across the actual lids of my eyes as they were feeling very dry.

One hour later my eyes turned red and started to sting/burn. I kept applying drops but that did not really help much. 13 hours later the stinging sensation has only subsided a little, my eyes are still red and the skin around my eyes are slightly sore and sensitive to the touch.

While the skin around my eyes are dry and sensitive, my actual eyes are not particularly so. This is the first time I have ever had this reaction to an eye cream. My eyes have stung once or twice after applying my regular eye cream but the discomfort only lasted a couple of hours. Going through the reviews, I see that others have had the same reaction.

If your eyes or the skin around your eyes are sensitive, please please please stay far away from this eye cream. This has been a very expensive mistake. I will not even attempt to try this cream again. That is how traumatized I am by this experience.

As a side note, I would be most grateful if anyone could tell me why I had such an adverse reaction to this product so I can avoid the ingredients in the future. Thanks!

on 8/14/2013 6:38:00 AM

GLORIFIED VASELINE IN A JAR!!!..SERIOUSLY! Save your money. Anything is better than this junk. If you want a great hydrating eye cream try Guinot Hydrazone..

**WARNING**: I got a f**king shocking allergic reaction from this stuff!.. Let's just say that I woke up looking like I had just spent 12 rounds in the ring with Mike Tyson..

on 5/19/2013 2:34:00 PM

So far I like this product. It is a great concealer primer and hydrates the area under the eye perfectly. I sometimes use it as a night under eye cream as well and it hydrates the area perfectly. Even after the product is absorbed, you can feel your skin hydrated and soft. I would probably buy it again.

on 4/15/2013 12:01:00 PM

This is the only bobbi brown product i've liked!
I used the bobbi brown moisturizer for face and it made my skin super oily.
I use this hydrating eye cream every morning, because my eye area tends to be dry.
It helps my eye area stay moisturized throughout the day, but it doesn't cure my eye dryness.
I will buy again once i run out :)

on 4/15/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have been using this since I was a teenager and I find this to be the best eye cream on the market. However..they say there is a "primer" in it, but it definitely doesn't do anything. I can't wear this and then apply my corrector and concealer, it creases like crazy. I use just a touch of this in the morning, wait for it to dry, apply my Smashbox under eye primer, and then apply my Bobbi Brown corrector and Mac NC15 studio fix concealer. I apply this cream both day and night though under my eyes, and it is soothing and it has a lovely texture. I wish it came in a tube because putting my fingers in this jar day after day feels kind of dirty...I use Bobbi Brown's whole skincare range and I love it, I'm 23 years old and I feel like I'll always look youthful using Bobbi Brown, everything is so moisturizing!