September 2, 2014 | 1940 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love everything about this foundation. Started wearing it 10 years ago when my beautiful sister recommended this to me and have worn nothing but ever since. The compliments on my skin over the years are too many to count and I owe it to this foundation which I am sure has improved my skin. Happy that the bottle is now a pump cause the old one leaked badly. Total HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by GeorgiePorge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very good

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Tarzmahal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- It contains salicylic acid.
- It did not bother my sensitive skin
- Well packaged
- Good price

Cons:
- Changes colour throughout the day
- Is not very long lasting
- Can be drying
- Selection of shades isn't great (nothing acceptable for my fair, cool skin tone)
- Poor coverage
- Not a very natural finish

I tried this product for a month. Then i tried mixing it with other products. I won't be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A good everyday foundation. The medication and oil control does nothing for me, the amount of oil my skin produces is beyond control, so I don't even expect it. Won't even control oil on my eyelids after several hours. It has staying power, though. I just want an even coverage. Blends very nicely, matches my skin and looks natural. Not cakey, doesn't irritate, don't notice any funky odors. Very buildable for the always-reddish spots I have on my cheeks and around my nose. I like a moderate coverage versus a sheer one, so I use a bit more of this, but I love how buildable it is. I can cover a breakout with this. I will continue to use this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by aliaathirahhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not bad

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Sophiebops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, acne prone skin but I also tend to get dry in certain areas, so foundation can sometimes be tricky for me. I first got this foundation around christmas time because i needed something that would cover up my annoying break out but not make it worse. I tried this a few times and it made my dry patches stand out and my skin looked dead. I switched back to my bb cream that i have been using for years, but was disappointed with the low coverage over my acne.
A few days ago, I decided to mix the foundation + the bb cream together to create a mixture that wouldn't dry me out, would cover up my acne sufficiently, and stay all day!!! I love this and I think this will become my holy grail foundation from now on. If you have sensitive skin like me, try this out!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Much to my surprise, I found myself liking this foundation. The price is decent, it has a pump, the colour is spot on and I often find it difficult to find foundations pale enough for my skin. The consistency is somewhat thick, but sheers out nicely. It stays put, doesn't oxidize, or make me look oily and most importantly it does not break me out. This is a great back up foundation to my high end stuff. The reason I said I would not repurchase because I like to try out new products, not because this foundation has any shortcomings.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by staci13

My quest is over! I have found it! Move over Revlon Colorstay ! I know, that seems like quite some excitement, and really it is. The last 2 or 3 years I have tried numerous foundations, high and low end, with only two real expectations; matte finish for oily skin and non-comedogenic (truly non acne causing). I had overlooked Almay for a very long time, I think I tried one crappy eye shadow pallette and then wrote off the whole brand as crap. I really should not have done that considering in the back of my mind that I always knew Almay was hypoallergenic and was good for sensitive skin. So, on a lark, I decided to go for it, and I'm not looking back. I like the packaging, it has a practical and hygienic pump that dispenses an ample amount of foundation with each squirt. The price is reasonable as many drug stores offer some sort of discount most weeks. The coverage is medium to full and is buildable. It does seem to dry or set up rather quickly after application, which is a plus to me. It may prove to be too dry for those with dry skin issues. I would always recommend a moisturizer before applying this though. It seems to stay pretty matte (albeit with a setting powder) without much shine for about 6 or 7 hours before needing any intervention, which is a huge deal for me. But the piece de resistance is the fact that my skin has never been so clear. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by lborkowski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far this has been the BEST liquid foundation I have found as far as ingredients, color, and affordability. I have NC 25 to C3 skin and it is hard to find a good foundation with golden undertones. I purchased this in 600 Sand and it is sooo perfect. I top it off with the Almay Clear Complexion Light powder (tried Medium Light but it was a tad too dark) and its the best combo for me. I used to use higher end lines of makeup like Mac, Laura Mercier, and Hourglass, which is great for special occasions, but for every day wear this foundation is great!!! I have not noticed breakouts using this, but have not noticed any type of "healing" effect on pimples I have had.
*UPDATE*
I don't know why I didn't see this in the first place but I recently realized in the ingredient list this foundation has SODIUM CHLORIDE (salt) which ranks 5/5 (highest rate) as an acnegenic ingredient on multiple comedogenic lists I have found. Whyyyyyy!!!! I love the color and coverage....so sad :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I have had problem skin since the age of 14 and I am now 24. While my breakouts are now just occasional, I have yet to find a foundation that works better for the price point. I am a product junkie and I have literally tried everything from clinique to derma blend to chanel, you get the idea. I keep coming back to this foundation because it works well and fits my grad school budget. It is medium coverage, so it will not hide everything; however, it does a decent job and I find the coverage is buildable. The color matches are limited...some are too pink and others too yellow, but I find myself (an NC 20) wearing 003 naked and its a decent (but not perfect) match. I have really oily skin and I found this controls my oil well, even without a primer. It lasts all day and really is one of the better foundations I have tried, even when compared to high end products. I love the bottle design as it is hygienic and the cap prevents it from spilling in my makeup bag. Overall, this foundation is definitely worth trying if you are looking for natural coverage and have breakout prone skin.

**Updated: I find naked oxidizes on my skin and makes me look orange. I instead now blend 002 buff and a pump of 003 naked and it makes a better match for my skin tone.