September 18, 2014 | 1845 users online

Pressed Powders - Milani - Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by AMD18134

There are two versions of the casing for this pressed powder, and I've tried both of them: the really flat one with the cheap-o sponge applicator (lol), and the fancier gold one with the thicker casing and a better sponge. I've tried both of them, and I've liked the quality of both. However, I do favor the one with the thicker compact, because the casing looks nice and has a seperate compartment for the sponge. But when talking about the powder itself, they are both good stuff. I like how they have yellow undertones (I'm half asian so that helps alot hehe) and they're good for setting liquid foundation. I took off a lippie because I wish it had better coverage so I wouldn't have to use liquid foundation under it, especially for girls like me who have really visible acne scars.. I guess thats where concealer comes in handy, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Lisa1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say, this product really surprised me. I was in CVS and bought this on a whim. I think I have bought every DS brand pressed powder on the market. It seems I generally like some of them for a week or so, and then they "turn" on me...lol So, I was looking for something I hadn't tried before. What I expected was most likely to hate it, but I figured it was cheap, so I would give it a whirl. I am very happy with it's performance! Throughout the day, I usually need to "powder my nose" at least a few times a day no matter what foundation I use. (I switch quite a bit!) I noticed this really keeps shine at bay for a long time. Also, I bought this in Nude, # 11 and it looks very natural on my skin, even in the horrid flourescent lighting at work. I'm not sure about the "puff" it came with...I didn't even try it - I just used a regular replacement puff - it looked to cheap to use. It does have a somewhat strong smell, but nothing unpleasant and it doesn't bother me. All and all, I really like this powder!
EDIT: I have used this for a couple of weeks or so - since the weather is cold & dry right now, I found it to be a little bit drying, so if you have dry skin, you may want to just keep an eye out for dryness, however I still do like it. I've decided to use something else for the moment but I think this would be great for the warmer more humid months.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't expect much out of this i just was searching for a new powder and happened to pick this one up. I got the right shade in golden. It matches perfectly and gives my skin a pretty finished look without looking all powdery. I just put it on a while ago so i will update again after wearing it for a couple of days

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 11:43:00 PM More reviews by rnornan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in a pinch, not sure which color (probably lightest or next to lightest available) but I was pleasantly surprised. I still have oily skin after using but it seems to cover well and provide a decent amount of oil control. Has a lot of fragrance, which isn't bad to me, I'm not sensitive to that stuff. Biggest complaint is the cheese factor packaging and the lamest excuse of a puff that I've ever seen with a powder. It sticks and skids across my face, stopping and starting like someone learning to drive stick shift. That's about all of my complaints though. Also the powder doesn't seem fragile which is good. I do think it has a bit of a gritty texture though but that could be from that stupid puff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by sbforwin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The quality of this powder was surprisingly good considering its price. I got this as a backup to my Clinique powder when I saw it on sale at CVS. Admittedly the packaging is a bit tacky, but again I paid less than $3. I am usually a NC30-35, and I got this in Golden, which looks fairly close to my skintone. The powder gives a pretty smooth finish, and stays ok, controls oil, and the only downside is that it's a bit too yellow, even for a strong yellow-toned skin hue like mine. But I usually dust a bit of the top off and spray some makeup setter on it, and it looks ok after that. I think I may search for another powder that's less yellow, but this is a pretty good backup powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2006 3:24:00 AM More reviews by IsabelaSol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so happy to find a yellow based powder and I thought Buff was the perfect shade for me. Oh no, it turned on me and yes, I was orange in no time.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2006 9:07:00 PM More reviews by mel0622

i bought this in golden. it matches my skin and everything BUT it made me break out! and i dont break out that much my skin is pretty tough enough to handle most products but not this! plus it smells like grandma powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2006 11:14:00 AM More reviews by PotNoodlez4

So far I'm really loving this powder. I picked it up the other day at CVS for $3.99 and I got shade 07 - "Buff". The main thing that caught my eye about these powders was that they're offered in yellow based shades instead of the usual "drugstore pink" shades offered by many other brands. "Buff" is the lightest of the warm shades and matches my skin perfectly (I'm BE #2 for reference). This provides more coverage than a typical pressed powder and I've found that it works perfectly to set my mineral makeup. It feels very silky and smooth going on and it really keeps my oil in check all day long. The flat, round sponge applicator thats included is useless so I apply this with a big fluffy powder brush. The oval shaped compact that this comes in is a bronze color and has Milani written on it in gold lettering making this prettier than other drugstore brand powder compacts. I've been using this now for a few days and so far I haven't noticed any breakouts. I'll update if I have any problems, but so far, this is an excellent drugstore find!

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2005 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Jishyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Milani Pressed Powder

I really wanted to like this powder, but sadly it hasnít worked as well for me as others. Itís a real pity too, because the Milani line has really fabulous color selection. I was surprised to find a pressed powder that was a dead-on skin tone match for me in GOLDEN. Rarely ever do I find any foundational powders at a reasonable cost that are a match for my skin coloring. Which was why I was so excited to see and purchase this.

Unfortunately, there are several problems Iíve encountered using this powder. My main problem is that it somehow gives me acne. Iím very positive that this was what caused my breakouts, since I donít use anything else on my face and when I stopped using the product my acne went away. I also noticed that it didnít do as much as I hoped for helping with my oily skin or actually covering up blemishes and blemish scars on my face.

This was very inexpensive, under $5 for a single compact. The puff that comes inside the compact is very, very thin and I would suggest using something else to apply this powder with. I prefer using disposable wedges or a brush, itís a bit more sanitary because thereís no separate compartment for a puff- so itís really easy for bacteria to grow there otherwise.

This would have been my beauty solution, had it actually not broken me out or did a better job of being a powder. Iím currently using rice powder and have not experienced any major breakouts from using it. If youíve found a dead on color match in this pressed powder line, take samples from the testers and check to see if this breaks you out.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2005 7:51:00 AM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This pressed powder has more coverage than a pressed powder, you can layer it w/o it getting cakey. I love this powder and it matches my skintone better than MAC I think. Their shades are mostly a few yellow tones, a lot of pink tones, a few neutral, and a few dark shades with yellow undertones. I love the gold case it looks expensive but its dirt cheap! It stays on all day for me, plus this has not cause any sensitvities to my sens. skin, because of the minimal ingredients.