MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'm shocked to notice I haven't reviewed this marvel yet. I've been using it forever. It transforms any foundation into satiny fresh I-can't-believe-this-is-my-skin finish. It not only gives me a natural glow w/o any trace of glitter, but there is something about the texture that makes my coverage last all day. Sometimes I apply as a primer and sometimes I mix a small dot into my foundation. I buy the smaller tube b/c it lasts so long, I prefer to pick up a fresh one when it's done (1 oz @ $10). Mid-50s w/no particular skin issues, maybe some dryness. It just feels good applying it to my face and neck, across upper chest in the summer. You can't make a mistake using this. Only I do not apply to my eyelids, not a good base for e/s ime. I will never stop buying this.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Im not a die hard Mac fan but this is an excellent product. I bought this to sheer out some of my heavier foundations into TM's for winter. This is perfect for that. I love that it doesn't have added sunscreen since I react to many of the sunscreens in the TM's available and the ones with physical sunscreens don't look great or sit heavy on the skin. This way I can use my own sunscreen during the day. This cream transforms even crappy foundation into light reflecting goodness. A couple of summers ago I was poorly matched to a shade in Smashboxes Liquid Halo. I loved the finish and look of the foundation but the line is way too yellow for me. A 3:1 ratio of foundation to Strobe Cream in Clinique SB, the least favorite in my makeup bin of shame, gave me the same healthy glow as Halo in the right shade without the heavy feel that I hated about SB. I've even dotted this on and blended it in with MUFE's Ultra HD stick foundation and gotten great results. Just the right amount of moisture that keeps my skin perfectly balanced all day. Tons of great ingredients for the skin and light reflecting properties that enhance any foundation and make your skin glow. There's no glitter. Excess shine or grit in this at all. I'd be interested to try the liquid version as well.

Received a sample of this and after two uses, went out and bought the full size. I cannot explain how luminous this makes my skin look, while avoiding looking glittery whatsoever. This is my go-to for my cheekbones during the summer to give my skin a naturally radiant look. In my experience, this product works best under foundation or even mixed in with foundation to give a more natural finish.

other than a make up product (highlighter), this cream is a GREAT hydrating cream.
i m in my late 40's and every sa would recomend intensive antiaging creams e.t.c. so did the mac sa.(i have combo, sensitive skin, prone to cosmetic break outs, no lines yet)
when i asked about the strobe cream about which i was thinking since i saw the enthousiasm here and read about all this super antioxidants in the indredients, she told me that it s a great product to use as a highlighter. after instistendly asking about other properties she answerd that it is a simple hydrating cream, nothing much in this field.
well, i tried it after cleansing as a night cream and i woke up with the skin of a baby.
i will definetely use it for hydration too.
no need to mention that it s a great skin higlighter over or under make up.
keeper...

I use this on bad skin days (having one today)-- to totally fake the appearance of healthy skin.

For years I didn't understand this product and was really frustrated with it bc I couldn't figure out a good method of application.

I learned how to work my way around this from a Lisa E tutorial

But basically I apply moisturizer, primer, foundation.

Then on the hand I pumped the foundation out on, I pump out some strobe cream. I dip the foundation brush I used with the foundation-- like nothing is washed my hand nor the brush. The idea is to still have some of that fresh foundation product to help blend the highlight into the skin. I dab the brush into the highlight. And lightly dab and blend into cheekbones heading up into my temple and orbital bone. As Lisa E puts it- you don't want to see where the highlight begins or ends. I dab a tiny bit on Cupid's bow and down nose.

Then I conceal and set as usual.

My skin which under makeup is a dull, heinous mess--- looks just healthy and cared for. Such a simple and USEFUL Skin hack.

I love how Mac had strobe cream in $10 travel size now bc I use it so little

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love to use this as a moisturizer in the morning before I do my makeup, it makes such good base to work with and I love the luminous finish it gives. It's a subtile sheen under foundation but definitely makes a difference. It doesn't make my skin look oily throughout the day even tho I have combination skin.

I hate to see how some people give this a bad review and compare it to some becca liquid highlighter. It's a moisturizer with such great ingredients and I think about the illuminating effect as a nice addition to this product.

A Must For people who just want some shine (No Sparkles/Glitter) I Love this Cream, Before/ mixed with or after foundation/concealer. It's beautifully dewy with a soft and light, easily blendable texture, without making you shine too excessively. A must for me with dryer/sallow complection and I;ve used this for over a year (completely non irritating to my skin during this time (Eczema/Allergy gal but controlled, with sensitive skin ). Thumbs up all around as I've bought the travel size for $12 I've only bought 2 in the last year and I'm not even 1/3 through the 2nd, not much is needed !!.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this cream. I have been using it for years. I primarily use it as a highlighter to dab over my cheek bones after i've applied my foundation and bronzer/powder. Its not very shimmery, it gives more of a dewey effect, which is sometimes nice if you like to stay matte but still like a little glow in places. I also mix this cream with a slightly lighter foundation and apply under my eyes as a concealer.

As someone who gets shiny over the course of the day, I have never applied this all over my face as it might be shine over load. Using this on my cheek bones, brown bone and cupid's bow is all I need!

I definitely recommend this product. Its SUCH great value for money and a little goes a long way!

Last review I wrote for this product was almost 3 years ago. Still love this product and use it everyday as I depend on how it does the whole age-rewind thing on me whether winter or summer (in hot humid FL). With the heavier type foundation I use, this really helps to give a natural appearance and radiance of real skin (to my early 40 something...). My routine has changed a little. #1: Clinique DDML around eyes. #2: Either Clinique DDML all over, or MAC Studio Moisture Cream (pea size of either). #3: MAC Strobe Cream all over (pea size) incl the eyes, but them last with whatever is left. #4: Estee Lauder DW Concealer under eyes. #5: Estee Lauder DW liq fndt all over -lastly applying it *over* the under eye concealer (don't worry about how this concealer may look prior with settling into fine lines and starting to set... this revives it and makes it twice as good.) #6: Set the under eye right away at this point with either e.l.f. Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder or Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (prefer the first as it has the same effect w/o the white buildup you get with LM if you over-apply). #7: Proceed with eye make-up ect. So heck yeah!! I would recommend this product and will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The first time I tried this way back when I really wasn't "wow'd" in the slightest...Matter of fact I do believe I might have even wrote a cr@ppy review of it. HOWEVER, I recently decided to give it another try. Why you ask? Well, the ingredients are really excellent and its prices well for a lotion with such a large amount of antioxidants (at least IMO $33 bux isn't too bad at all). I have to say, I have definitely changed my mind!

Strobe Cream is lightweight but very silky. It serves as a moisturizer but also as an excellent primer. The subtle glow it gives is really excellent as well. This is a truly versatile product. While I typically prefer heavier creams than this, SC is perfect under foundation and really takes the glowy factor/effect I am going for up a few notches. If my skin is dull or tired looking, SC can bring it back to life.

What once was just "meh" to me is not a product I will never be without.