MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 4/22/2015 9:46:00 AM

I bought this in the travel size, and wound up returning it. I was looking for a subtle glow, and my cheeks are dry, so I thought this would be perfect. It obviously wasn't, since I did return it. First, it actually doesn't feel that moisturizing, and it leaves a tacky finish. It doesn't really leave a glow on me. It just made my skin look greasy, and my blush went on funky over it. Although it Is pricier, CoverFX illuminating primer works better for me.

on 4/21/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I feel like this is an overrated product. As a moisturiser it isn't enough to hydrate my dry skin. It does feel nice and light, spreads easily and is slightly hydrating, but I just don't find it sufficient by itself. As a base it works ok. I personally cannot see any illumination or radiance added to my face when applied and I don't see any extra luminance when applying my foundation afterwards. I don't think it makes an effective highlighter either if you wanted to use it for that purpose. The best use I have found is to mix it with thick, slightly flat or drier formulas to help glide on the face easier and to make the formula more forgiving on dry skin. Although even when mixed I find there is still no additional luminosity visible. So I find that is its best use, but even then I already have products I use for these purposes. So I wouldn't repurchase. The full size is expensive yes but I find the travel size very affordable and it contains a generous 30ml! I don't understand the logic in selling the full size for its price when you can buy two travel sizes and gain more product and at a cheaper price than the full size :/. At least that's the case in Australia. So to conclude: I don't find this to be a bad product but I really don't understand it's popularity. Positives are that it isn't heavy and that it does work nicely with foundation. It has some nice ingredients and provides a slightly moisturising base.

on 4/18/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I don't see the glow or illuminating effect when mixed with foundation. Its okay, i wouldn't purchase it again as i see no difference. Its works well for sheering out heavy foundations but so would any moisturizer. It makes my foundations fade off my face faster. This does look amazing as a body moisturizer, it gives the skin a nice sheen, but its not long lasting.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this as a daytime moisturizer just because it feels great, it isn't too heavy or shiny and makes my foundation look great. I guess I notice a subtle glow but it's not overpowering or anything.

on 4/3/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this after reading all the stellar MUA reviews. I've used this product in different ways--under my foundation, by itself, as a highlighter, on my cheekbones after applying blush--but am not sure I notice it. I put it on and it gets absorbed and I don't see any change. Maybe it's not apparent to me? I bought the full sized tube and it will last forever.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am acne prone with pitted scars. I have the worst skin until I started using lancome visionnaire CX serum with strobe cream. Thanks to MUA for the strobe cream reviews. I was lil hesitant buy I decided to buy anyways reading the reviews including Paulas choice beautypedia . strobe is not just a make up! its a moisturiser loaded with antioxidant's :). I love the texture .the glow it gives to my skin! in fact its making my skin healthier. would definitely repurchase!!!!

on 3/20/2015 2:58:00 PM

I'm not sure why it is called Strobe Cream because for me, at least, there is no illuminating effect. Or I should say the effect is very subtle because I'm very pale. I buy the 1 oz tube and it lasts for several months. I apply a pea-sized drop mixed with a drop or two of water and massage into my face until the water is absorbed. The Strobe Cream seals it in nicely and I get perfectly moisturized and comfortable skin for the rest of the day. Often I wont wear makeup, just the moisturizer, and I don't get as oily as I would without it. I find it a little heavy under a full face of makeup, but then again, I find most moisturizers feel that way under makeup. This lotion has a faint cucumber-y scent, which might bug some people. I find that the scent dose go away after a while. I haven't had any problems with break-outs or any irritation either, which is a bonus in my books.

on 3/16/2015 1:46:00 AM

MAC Strobe Cream is my HG illuminating primer. I use this as a moisturizer/primer before I apply my makeup. This gives my skin the most beautiful, natural, lit-from-within glow, and my makeup goes on so smoothly. The price is a bit ridiculous for the amount of product, but I can't live without it.

on 3/8/2015 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in love. I had no idea I was missing this product from my makeup base. Now I've found it, I'm never going back!
I use this product as a moisturizer before I apply foundation. I also mix it with my foundation. And lastly, I use it as a highlighter as the final face product to highlight cheeks, brow and cupid's bow.
It is costly, but a little goes a looooooong way. Plus it has many uses, so it can take the place of a few products.
It doesn't have a sparkle like Revlon skin lights or other cheaper highlighters, so it just creates a beautiful sheen to make your skin look dewey.
I was tossing up between this and the Becca Skin Perfecter, but ultimately went for this because of the moisturizer component.
It also lasts most of the day, but by the time 5 o clock rolls around it is staring to wear off. But if your reapply during the day, it has a great cooling sensation, which is fab in summer.
Definitely my HG highlighter.

on 3/6/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hello Gorgeous!! I recently discovered this and it has changed my life . . . well, my face. I mix this with Mac Face & Body and it gives an all over glow. I also mix this with my sunscreen before applying foundation and it give the same effect. I've also tapped it on the high points of my face after foundation and it highlights beautifully. I like the consistency of this and the subtle glow. I bought this in the travel size for $10, which is nice that you can test it out before splurging on the full size. But this small size will last forever! I just wish you could back to mac travel size.