MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

I really like strobe cream. I use it mixed in with my foundation, underneath my eyes, or on the tops of my cheekbones. It's not an in your face highlighter, but it brings a softness and light to my face that just makes me look better. I like that it is luminizing without being sparkly or obvious. I use this for special occasions or when I feel I look a little tired. Looks beautiful with Face & Body Foundation. For reference, I have dry skin (combo in summer).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a cream with a sheer pinky peach irredesecent glow. The packaging is very pretty and the travel size is enough to last for awhile. It feels light and lasts for the day. You can mix it into foundation for an all over dewy glow or wear it on top of foundation as a highlighter. You can even wear it on bare skin, it really wakes your face up! It's really pretty on the browbones and looks so fresh paired with cream shadow and blush.

on 5/9/2015 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I feel this product has a cult status, but personally, I found this illuminator disappointing. The packaging is the basic MAC plastic tube, hard to squeeze and not great controlling how much product is coming out.
I also found the thick gel-like texture gloopy, and plastic, it felt like a film on the skin, instead of gliding on smooth. I have tried this product before foundation on a clean skin, mixed in with my foundation, and stippled on after foundation. I didn't like it in any of these ways.
The highlight in the actual gel is also white, so can leave a bit of a white-cast, going slightly grey when I put fake tan on my face (which I do often.)
I recommend the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer or Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer instead of this overpriced, cheap quality product!

on 5/6/2015 3:58:00 PM

This is one of the main things in my make up/skincare routine. Strobe cream is packed with anti oxidants and green tea extract what makes is very beneficial for the skin.

I mix a drop of strobe cream with a drop of avene light hydration cream. It works as a charm on my normal/slightly combination skin. After that I start my makeup routine

I get compliments everyday on my flawless and glowing skin!

Btw Buy the TRAVEL size!

One lippie of for the packaging. I would prefer this in a not clear packaging. Light and oxygen are bad for the anti oxidants in the cream:) keep it in a dark cool spot

I recently purchased strobe cream by mac after seeing it recommended by a beauty blogger. It is amazing! Firstly the packaging is pretty and also practical, just the right about of product comes out. It enables me to apply my foundation evenly without it sticking to dry skin on my cheeks. I don't use this in my t-zone as mine is oily, I just use a primer here. This is great if yo are wanting a glowing dewy look

on 4/22/2015 9:46:00 AM

I bought this in the travel size, and wound up returning it. I was looking for a subtle glow, and my cheeks are dry, so I thought this would be perfect. It obviously wasn't, since I did return it. First, it actually doesn't feel that moisturizing, and it leaves a tacky finish. It doesn't really leave a glow on me. It just made my skin look greasy, and my blush went on funky over it. Although it Is pricier, CoverFX illuminating primer works better for me.

on 4/21/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I feel like this is an overrated product. As a moisturiser it isn't enough to hydrate my dry skin. It does feel nice and light, spreads easily and is slightly hydrating, but I just don't find it sufficient by itself. As a base it works ok. I personally cannot see any illumination or radiance added to my face when applied and I don't see any extra luminance when applying my foundation afterwards. I don't think it makes an effective highlighter either if you wanted to use it for that purpose. The best use I have found is to mix it with thick, slightly flat or drier formulas to help glide on the face easier and to make the formula more forgiving on dry skin. Although even when mixed I find there is still no additional luminosity visible. So I find that is its best use, but even then I already have products I use for these purposes. So I wouldn't repurchase. The full size is expensive yes but I find the travel size very affordable and it contains a generous 30ml! I don't understand the logic in selling the full size for its price when you can buy two travel sizes and gain more product and at a cheaper price than the full size :/. At least that's the case in Australia. So to conclude: I don't find this to be a bad product but I really don't understand it's popularity. Positives are that it isn't heavy and that it does work nicely with foundation. It has some nice ingredients and provides a slightly moisturising base.

on 4/18/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I don't see the glow or illuminating effect when mixed with foundation. Its okay, i wouldn't purchase it again as i see no difference. Its works well for sheering out heavy foundations but so would any moisturizer. It makes my foundations fade off my face faster. This does look amazing as a body moisturizer, it gives the skin a nice sheen, but its not long lasting.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this as a daytime moisturizer just because it feels great, it isn't too heavy or shiny and makes my foundation look great. I guess I notice a subtle glow but it's not overpowering or anything.

on 4/3/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this after reading all the stellar MUA reviews. I've used this product in different ways--under my foundation, by itself, as a highlighter, on my cheekbones after applying blush--but am not sure I notice it. I put it on and it gets absorbed and I don't see any change. Maybe it's not apparent to me? I bought the full sized tube and it will last forever.

Popular Moisturizers