July 22, 2014 | 2263 users online

Other - Murad - Pure Skin Skin Clarifying Dietary Supplement

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by gerlx1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say, it took a while but these supplements have basically cured my acne for the first time in my adult life.

I tried taking just two a day but do need to take four for it to be effective.

Taking four turned my stomach a bit at first but I got used to it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by dasanchez04

I have been using this product for a month now and it has not cleared or prevented any breakouts I switched back to my antibiotic for my acne. However this product made my nails and hair grow a lot faster. My hair grew extremely quick and made my hair shiny. I would buy these pills again even though they are expensive (42.00) because at least it benefited me someway, as for the acne this product was not good at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by rebecca690

I am very disappointed in this product after all the hype, and the rave reviews I have read. I have used this product for 3 months, and have seen NO improvement in my acne-prone skin. It has not reduced breakouts, prevented them, or basically done anything that it said it would. In my opinion this is not worth the money. The only positive is that it is full of vitamins, but there are many cheaper options which do the same thing. Very expensive for what it is.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by sweetchocolategirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this but I had a few side effects. A word of warning to all, taking four of these pills has enough vitamins in them that you shouldn't be supplementing beyond.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by SkincareAficionada

Murad! A very good supplement! Of course i bought this initially to clarify my skin, after 3 days of using it i BROKE out so badly! (WORSE THAN REGULAR) But, my dermatologist said that for supplements to take effect you need to continue it untill it runs ou! so i religously took it 2caplets in the morning and at night! After 4 weeks, i can see my nails are so pretty, my face is clarified a bit, and im not developing cystic acne anymore, the price tag is average considering it can substitue multiple supplement offered for general health! About the taste... i actually dont have any comment, it doesnt taste bad. Until i found a better supplement i will continue using and buying it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by s0605037

currently im on my second bottle of this stuff and i still havent noticed a difference. i was so certain that i had found something that would help my skin stay consistently clear, but sadly no. just a complete waste of money. ive been taking it for over 6 weeks and my skin is exactly the same as when i started taking it. the pills taste bad too...i wont be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by BkRM

So, I think my skin actually got worse while I was taking these. Because like a week after I started taking them I got huge cysts on my cheeks, whereas before I really only broke out around my T-zone. I stuck it out though, for the entire bottle's worth, and it didn't improve. I was scared that my skin might get worse if I stopped taking it altogether, so I bought another bottle but I now take just one pill in the morning and one at night. The cysts have gone away but my skin doesn't look any better than before I started taking the pills. It's so disappointing to me because I really wanted it to work. Oh well.
I will say, however, that my nails have never looked better! And for that reason I will continue taking two pills a day until the bottle runs out but after that I probably won't bother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I have intermitent cystic acne-(once in a while i get one or two) which is very painful and take forever to go away. Retin A helps, but since starting these supplements, they are going away. I am amazed, the texture of my skin is improving also. I tooke 4 a day for first 2 weeks, now I am taking 1 in the am and 1 in the pm, so as not to OD on some of the B's and also A. I highly recommend these for those with acne or even cystic acne.
Please note-I have taken extremely good care of my skin for a long time now, and these supplements are a great addition to my regimen.
will def. repurchase. (I don't think they are overpriced, because if you purchase the vitamins, minerals and other ingrediants sep. you will spend a lot more than $42.00)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ellen206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't have cystic acne I have flat acne. Which is relatively unoticeable unless you are me! But over the last 4 months I have had horrible breakouts around my mouth. And I have tried EVERYTHING! Seriously! The expensive stuff and the cheap stuff! Now I am on prescription acne medication for 3months that is killing my skin. But I'm sticking with it cause the Dr. said it may get worse before it gets better.

I was shopping about a month ago and saw these supplements and figure I'd try them, cause I've tried everything else! I definitely saw an improvement in my skin but I wasn't sure if it was the medication finally working or the pills so I stopped taking them and within 5 days I had breakout all over again!!

I definitely won't make that mistake again! Yes the pills do smell horriffic but I just take them with a huge class of water, since hydrating helps your skin too, its a win win situation, right?

The only reason I didn't give the product a 5 is because my skin isn't perfect. . . YET!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 11:38:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this a few years ago VERY faithfully for several months. I didn't notice any improvement in my skin. I continued to take it, however, which was a mistake. Over a couple of months, I developed a severe heart arrythmia that the doctor, through blood tests and EKGs, was able to trace back to the unusually high amounts of minerals in this supplement. In particular, the chromium content is very high, which was what my doctor determined was causing the constant fluttering and stopping/ starting of my heart muscles (at the time, I was only 24 and had never had heart problems in my life, not even high blood pressure). I had to stop taking it immediately on the advice of my doctor. The lesson I learned from this is to be very, very careful with ANY supplement you add to your diet, especially one as potent as this one. And despite all the cash I shelled out, it did nothing for my skin-- plus I had to pay a lot for all the tests for my heart.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No