December 18, 2014 | 1677 users online

Top/Base Coats - Mavala - Mavadry

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by misskho

This is so much better then seche vite.

seche vita peels in 2 days at the base of my nails and top of my nails, also warps the nail polish

ive had this top coat on for 5 days and there is no chipping or peeling

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by danai

There's not much to say about this product, because, simply put, it works the way it's supposed to work and does exactly what it promises to do.
One thing that wasn't quite clear to me when I first used it is, when exactly you're supposed to put this on. Right after the polish? Or better wait for it to set? Well, I tried it both ways and both worked. Even when I used it right after applying the polish, it didn't spoil the (still wet) surface one bit. It still went on like a dream, nice and smooth.
Also, apart from making the polish rock hard really fast, I have noticed it contributes somewhat to the longevity of the manicure.
It's a staple for me now.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by AnonymousOneThree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised that Mavala products are listed for review. Up until I was given Mavadry and Nail Shield Phase 1 and 2 as gifts in Rio de Janeiro, I'd never heard of this brand. My husband's aunt, who gave them to me, had never heard of OPI, Essie, or Seche Vite, so I guess we're even :)

OK. I wrote a review for the Nail Shield set, and there are pros and cons to it. I always use Mavadry in conjunction with Nail Shield, and when I use OPI polish, my manicure lasts for up to 2 days without any chipping whatsoever (for me, that's really good). Now, I did use the Mavala products with Essie, and it started chipping after a day. I chalk that up to Essie's thinner formula.

I really like Mavadry. I have Seche Vite, which I like a lot, and haven't noticed any "shrinkage" as a lot of reviewers mentioned. I actually haven't noticed much of a difference between Mavadry and Seche Vite, except that Mavadry is pink and slightly thicker than SV. I also like that both Mavadry and Seche Vite are thinner than Sally Hansen Mega Shine (how many manicures did we all ruin before we learned how to use Mega Shine?). Since all imported beauty products are wayyyyy more expensive in Brazil (MAC lipstick is R69, which is about $US35, and here in the states it's $14.50, and Cocky by Bed Head is about $US45 there, and $18 here, so...yeah.) the 3 products were about $20 each. From what I have seen on Amazon, they're not that much cheaper here. So, the price is not great. Also, the bottles are Brazilian style (small).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by gnoma

This is a bit expensive, but it's worth all spent money. Really really fast dry, but REALLY!!! I don't watch so great shine as other people says, but no problem, I use it over another shiny top coat and after 1 minute I can go without problems!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

Mavadry (in the bottle) dries polish almost instantly and leaves a terrific shine. I stopped using it because it made my dry nails and cuticles even more dry. Denatured alcohol, which is drying, is the second ingredient,

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Taniaebj

This is the best top coat, super fast! It really only takes about a 1 minute to dry your polish. I will def buy again! I'm also getting one for my best friend and my mom!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by micipici

i think ive used 3 bottles of tis and i dont even think about buying something new.First time i bought it because i wanted to buy something and i didnt think that i needed this,but when i tried it i was amazed.It dries very fast,i was so used to it i couldnt menage to dry my nails without it.
the only bad thing is when there is only littl left,it hardens and bubbels appear,but then i throw it away and buy anoutherone.
in my opinion it is really good

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**Description**
Mavadry is good news for women who won't and can't wait "ages" for their nail polish to dry. An essential product for today's busy women, Mavadry dries polish in a few seconds and reduces chipping. It also gives brilliance to your manicure and prevents color from smearing and smudging. Mavadry is Toluene- and Formaldehyde-free formula.

**My opinion**
The greater majority of my expectations were easily met by this remarkable product. It's boring waiting for the nail polish to dry but Mavadry keeps my nail colours stay perfectly on for days and helps to give them great shine dry in few minutes. As this product does what it promises, I will definitely buy it again in the future and will recommend it to my friends.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2007 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

On the hunt for an HG fast drying top coat, I stumbled upon Mavadry, so thought Iíd try it out. With other fast drying top coats I had used (OPI RapiDry, Sally Hansen Insta Dry) I had to use a normal, non-fast drying top coat underneath them to get any kind of lasting power, and Mavadry was the same. Used by itself, I had small chips on a couple of nails and cracked polish on a few nails after just one day of wear. Worn over Mavala Colourfix Top Coat I had more success, but still wasnít overly impressed, as tended to get cracks in my polish quite easily. I also wasnít keen on the lavender coloured tint the product had to it. Although it was still transparent, and did not appear to show up on my nails, I was worried that it may distort some polish shades. I also found Mavadry to thicken up and become gloopy quickly, which is a common problem with all fast dryís. I have ended up using up this top coat on my pedicures, which always last better than my manicures anyway, as I am always using and washing my hands. It isnít too bad a product, as it does dry all layers of polish within one minute, but I wonít be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2006 5:49:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh, how I love this! It has saved my nail polish so many times. You just brush this transparent and runny top coat on after applying lacquer and within a minute your polish is sealed, dry (and I mean DRY) shiny. Does give my manicure more lasting power as well. Will definitely keep using this forever and ever.