November 28, 2014 | 1895 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Ultra Moisturizing Eye Stick SPF 30 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by realturtle

I bought is because it claimed to be SPF 30 and moisturizing. It felt thick and oily under my eyes, not sure if it has been absorbed. What's most disappointing is that I left it in my car in the winter and it smelt so bad with a weird shape in the tube that I decided to toss it. The only good thing is that the product comes in a lip-gloss tube that's easier to apply to the eye area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Angel_Ling

Best daytime eye balm I've used so far. I tend to like the petroleum-type eye balms (like Kiehls' Imperiale Repairateur eye cream or even Aquaphor) even though my skin is combo and not particularly dry under my eyes; I just find my eye area is better moisturized when using those types of balms. However, I had yet to find a daytime petroleum balm that would be thin enough to layer concealer on top of. (And some SPF for that area would be a major plus, too.)

So when I heard about this balm through all the reviews, I went out and bought it -- and love it. Like everyone has said, it comes in a lipstick-like form. It's like a stick of petroleum jelly -- but because it's in stick form, you can tell that it's not as goopy or thick as Vaseline or Aquaphor (can you imagine making a stick out of those?). It's a bit drier and thinner, but still really moisturizing. I swipe the bullet directly under my eye area. At first, I put on 2 swipes per undereye, but realized that was too much; now, 1 swipe is enough. Also, be careful if you do swipe directly on the delicate undereye area -- you'd want to avoid tugging and pulling that skin. So what I do is (this is going to sound silly) open my mouth a bit, like I'm going to yawn, and keep it open while I swipe on the balm. That keeps the skin under the eye taut enough that the balm won't tug at it.

All in all, a fantastic balm -- very moisturizing but sinks in completely after about 2 minutes and has SPF. Unfortunately, I don't believe that the SPF is UVA-protective (dang!) and this balm is also quite expensive ($20), but I'll get it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by bhimsey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've recently become obsessed with sunscreen so I bought this based on reviews on here and I must say, I love it. It's not greasy and very easy to apply. It's in a twist tube similar to lipstick and it's fabulous. Non-greasy and helps moistures the dryness under my eyes. Definitely recommend. Only downside is that it is $20......

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 5:51:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My obsession with sun protection drew me to kiehl's spf30 eye stick. It comes in a convenient twist up tube. Another great thing is its not-too-greasy texture. After a week, however, I found it tedious to apply every morning. I found that I prefer a sunblock for the whole face. Reserving this for beach trips!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by SimplyBeautiful

This must be the only Kiehls product I really like. I bought this based on reviews here on MUA. This is a great versatile product which delivers both plentiful moisture and sun protection... pretty much a rare find. This contains avobenzone but hasn't irritated my sensitive undereye area at all. I have been using it every morning for a few months now over my PC Skin Recovery serum. The only issue I have with this product is that I'm a little concerned about photostability of this one... if you think this is not stable, please let me know.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by SimplyBeautiful

This must be the only Kiehl's product I really like. I bought this based on reviews here on MUA. This is a great versatile product which delivers both plentiful moisture and sun protection... pretty much a rare find. This contains avobenzone but hasn't irritated my sensitive undereye area at all. I have been using it every morning for a few months now over my PC Skin Recovery serum. The only issue I have with this product is that I'm a little concerned about photostability of this one... if you think this is not stable, please let me know.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by wee_moggie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff. I used to be so dry under my eyes, the fine lines really showed up. This makes my lines disappear! I love that it has sunscreen, because I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 45 on my face, but you cannot use it around your eyes area, because it will sting like crazy. This also makes concealer go on really nicely under the eye. I love the packaging, although sometimes I mistake it for one of my lipsticks!

I heard that you can also use it on your lips, but I haven't tried that yet.

It's pricey, but I can't find anything like it, so it's worth it. LOVE it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Noticed my eyes have been looking sort of dry and crepey lately. I've been moisturizing them as much as before but I was wondering whether my sunscreen (Sofina) was drying the skin out (due to the alcohol in it). I don't really like lotion sunscreens around my eyes since a lot of them either cause irritation or make my vision blurry if they seep in (I wear contacts). Plus, most sunscreens are never moisturizing enough and there are few eye creams or face creams on the market that have high enough SPF to satisfy me (I usually wear SPF 50 on my face all year-round). So I wanted good sun protection in the most emollient form I could find. I found great reviews about this Kiehl's eye stick online and ordered one immediately. I've ben using it for the past three weeks and I love it.

It is VERY creamy and sticky and rich due to all the oils and emollient ingredients in it, so if you have a problem with oily lids and smearing makeup, then you probably should not go for this item. But if you have very dry skin around your eyes, this is perfect. I apply it after I get out of the shower, first thing, and then do the rest of my face (moisturizer, sunscreen, makeup, etc.) to allow it to sink in. It usually does after about ten minutes, leaving the skin around my eyes feeling very soft and soothed. I can then apply my concealer on top with no problem. It's making the concealer look better too, since my skin is now moisturized enough that makeup blends and wears better. I like the stick form, which is convenient for travel (especially with the new airline carry-on regulations in place) and makes application a breeze. No fear that eye cream or sunscreen will seep into my eyes and blind me!

This is very expensive. The little tube is the size of a tube of lip balm and costs about 25 USD! I think it's worth it because of the convenience and duel-use nature of this item (I'm not sure if you can use this as a lip balm as another reviewer suggested, since there's a warning on the tube to not ingest any of this stuff). Plus the design is incredibly chic--I love the matte black tube and the slightly gothic look of the typeface. It does the job and does it well. I'd be thrilled if it were about $5-10 cheaper, but we can't have everything, I guess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by gooberbelle

When I first started using this, I loved how it was non-stinging (I'm a contact lens wearer), unscented, and easy to apply. However, toward the end of my first stick and onto the second stick, I started to get small bumps (milia) at the outer corners of my eyes. I stopped using the stick for a week or two and went back to my prior eye sunscreen (Mario Badescu Eye & Lip Sunscreen SPF-15) and the milia faded. When I went back to using the Kiehl's Eye Stick, the milia returned within a few days. This made me sad since I really liked the SPF 30 of the stick. *UPDATE 8/11/08: I think that second stick was a bum stick. I'm halfway through my third stick right now with no milia. I added one more lippie to reflect that.