Mary Kay Sunny Spice

4.5

on 12/11/2007 12:10:00 AM

This is a great blush. WHen you see it, it looks very dark but when you apply it, it is very sheer. You can always apply more to get it darker or not.

on 12/1/2007 3:47:00 PM

This is a perfect neutral shade. I have very fair skin with freckles. If I wear a shade with too much brown, my freckles look muddy. If it has too much pink then it stands out too much against my fair skin and looks silly, like a clown. I use this color when I want a more natural look. The only thing I hate is the packaging! Why, Mary Kay, do we have to buy a separate compact? When I purchased this blush I didn't have the extra money for the compact so now it is annoying to use.

on 8/10/2007 11:44:00 AM

I have very fair skin and it is hard for me to find a blush that will look natural on me. This is not too pink or brown. I would describe the color as a soft peachy brown with mauve pink undertones.

on 12/18/2006 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color of this blush is perfect. I can wear this color any time of the year, day or night and it will be the perfect shade for my skin tone. It is one of the few blushes I have found that will look good on any shade of skin. I highly recommend it to anyone. I'm not one to spend a lot on cosmetics, but I have yet to find a blush that looks this good for cheaper. The blush is made to fit into the compact but if you don't have or don't use the compacts the top can easily come off and mess up your purse or bag. I wish you could buy them for the compact or packaged differently if you don't use the compact.

on 7/14/2006 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

As a first time blush user (id given up trying to work out how to apply it, until my MK consultant showed me the right way), i was pleasantly surprised about this product. every other blush i had ATTEMPTED to use always looked too pink or to brown and very un-natural. this blended well with my skin (with MK medium coverage foundation on it, another favourite), and looked natural. i will deffinitly buy again and reccomend it to others!

on 11/30/2005 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It's a little annoying that you have to buy separate compacts for M/K E/S, Blush and powder M/U- but Aveda does that too, and I have both systems.
Really a nice neutral blush- looks a little dark/pink in the pan and like it would be too rosy- but it works great with my GGG complexion. It's a good neutral color. I like this much more than the apricot color, that is just too baby pink.
The colors aren't chalky and they glide over the skin well, not too dark, but color you can actually see and not glimmery. This color isn't a HG or anything, but I certainly see it going with quite a few color schemes. Major drawback of the MK blush shape is that it's long and narrow, the head of a large blush brush doesn't sweep it well. The shape is due to the design of their compacts. I find it much easier to use a wider blush, like MAC's Round Shape, NARS' shape, or even drugstore shapes like Almay. Aveda refillable compact blush has the same size problem.

on 3/2/2005 1:25:00 PM

Absolute favorite blush. Great color, great texture and staying power. I'm a PPP with strawberry blonde hair and I find it hard to find blushes that aren't too pinky or too brown. This is a perfect neutral color and I would think it would look terrific on most anyone.

on 8/10/2004 9:42:00 PM

I like the neutral color of Sunny
Spice. It is a blend of a bronze/rose color but very natural for most complexions. I have a light olive complexion and it looks very natural on me. I love MK's packaging because I have the color palette. It is so convenient to pick out my colors.

I just rediscovered this after having used almost nothing but peaches for a good while and am pleased that I've gravitated back towards it. Its a very neutral tannish shade w/ a hint of fleshy pink that I think would equally compliment many skintones. I'm a very pale warm NC 15 and can wear it alone for an in from the cold flush or over a bronzer/tan blush for more of a glowy flush. Love the quality, hate the packaging but the price is right!

on 5/29/2004 10:34:00 AM

I wasn't as smitten with the Sunny Spice MK blush as I thought I'd be when I purchased it. It looked so much better on the sample sheet, as so many of them do.

The Sunny Spice was one of MK's newer selections when I bought it this past winter. The consultant said it was a real pleaser, and that it would look great on my skin. While she was here, I agreed with her, that it looked pretty neutral and natural on my skin and I could almost envision how it would look over a slight tan come spring and summer.

To be fair, the Sunny Spice looks really good with the right foundation. If I team it up, however, with a foundation that is a little darker than my usual Ivory or a foundation that has even the slightest peach undertone, then the Sunny Spice loses its lustre, at least that's been my experience.

I do like the Sunny Spice by MK, though, but would probably not buy it again. I like Azalea and Winter Rose (it may have morphed into a new name by the time this review is printed) by MK much better.