Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

My skin was ok when I was in Philippines but after I moved here in Sweden my skin became rough, dry, flaky and oily especally in the T zone. I recognized some bumps on my skin, white heads and some black heads. I tried first the Nivea cleanser and then the body shop tea tree cool and creamy wash but those did not work. I am afraid to try products with salicylic acid because i feel that it worsen my skin. I purchased Avene cleanance soapless gel cleanser beacuse it says that it is non irritant, deeply cleanses and it's good for people with oily skin. I am satisfied on how it cleanses my skin but it makes my skin so dry and tight-feeling even after I used the avene thermal spring. The smell is ok and not too strong. I really think that this product is good for people with cystic acne.

Has changed my skin totally! The best product ever, and not that expencive.

This was a tough one to rate.

The formula is a gel like substance which WILL remove every trace of makeup, and unfortunately also every bit of oil your skin has. Its fine if you moisturise afterwards, but its still too drying for my taste and it has really done a number on my eyes (making them dry and ichi for an entire day if I get it in my eyes)

Still I have been using it for over a year because I think its the only one that removes everything so well..

Not perfect but not bad either.

4/5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best face wash to date. I have blemish prone skin so this gives me a deep clean without breaking out in a reaction. Recommended for oily/blemish prone skin looking for a great cleanse; paired great with the blemish spot gel.

I have rosacea, acne, and combo skin. I've been using dermatologist face cleanser and wanted to have a second cleanser to switch up. I tried this after reading reviews and doing product research. It is super concentrated, smells great, and really lathers. I am very happy with my find!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really good cleanser for oily skin. I use it on my face AND body. It is soapless, so it doesn't irritate. I don't have acne on my face, but I get breakouts on my body, and I find this works really well. The smell is not too pleasant, but I can't deny it works.

I am very impressed with the Birchbox sample that I received of this product and will definitely be purchasing the full size! I find the ocean-like scent very refreshing. A small amount goes a long way. My favorite aspect of this product is that it feels like velvet on my skin. It washes away easily and leaves your skin feeling clean and renewed. I like the simplistic packaging; however, I wish that it had a pump to control the amount that comes out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this cleanser for the last 3 years, and I always follow it with the Cleanance Emulsion Lotion. The combination of these 2 products have had AMAZING results for my cystic acne. I had tried everything, and spent a small fortune in my attempt to clear up my cystic acne! I will still get some breakouts now and then (apposed to always having some obnoxious looking lump on my face) but it has truly managed and controlled my breakouts to a small minimum. I have eczema so my skin is very sensitive, and these products were definitely a life saver! They might not be the best for someone with normal skin-but if you have super sensitive and acne prone skin (like I do) I DEFINITELY recommend trying these products!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have sensitive acne prone skin that even after a cycle of accutane gives me issues. It's combination, fickle, easy to sunburn and this cleanser has helped so much. I went from not wanting to wash my face because it hurt and irritated the acne, to washing it twice daily and loving the after feeling. My skin has cleared up (in large part to this) and the oil production (although ramped up from working in an office) is a little easier to control.

I'm so glad i've found a cleanser i look forward to using.

Only con is the packaging, it takes a bit of effort to close the lid and I have unsteady hands so it's been known to tip over and spill a bit if i'm not careful and don't close it.

I was interested in this because I have oily, acne prone skin (I always double cleanse, first using a m/u remover and second using a cleanser for acne prone skin, so I used this for the second step).

The bottle lasted me about three months with daily use. There was no scent and it was gentle on my skin.

This is not a bad product, but I would not repurchase because I prefer cleansers with more active ingredients.