October 31, 2014 | 1475 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by beibeilei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rediscovered this moisturizing skin cream in a lost pile of products. I have been using it on my hands and feet before bedtime. It goes on smooth and feels like silicone. I don't have very dry skin so it takes some time to get absorbed. I stopped using it because of its scent. It's very medicinal but only for a short time. There are other equal quality moisturizer without this scent. So after this jar, I won't be using it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by rubyred1004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The scent of this product is too much for me to handle. This review is only based on trying a tiny sample size (0.1oz tube). However, this product is not for me. The scent is so unbelievably medicinal like tiger balm or bengay. The product itself is probably not too bad for extremely dry skin, considering it feels like a thicker vaseline/petroleum product or aquaphor. It absorbs quickly into the skin. This might be a good product for extremely dry skin. It seems as though a lot of people use this on their lips as well but I can't understand how they can use this product so close to their nose... It reeks!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked it but its not HG. I like that its glycerin based which is different. I don't really like the feel of it on my lips or skin kind of a waxy silicone feel. But it does moisturize well. Overall consensus is that it's way too expensive in America and therefore even though I put I would repurchase, I would only do so for the original price. Oh yes and the smell disappears quickly as stated.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I Love this stuff!!! Price is a bit steep, but it's so worth it.. think about all the money you could be saving!! everything you need is in this one product, look no further if your like me and have continually dry lips year round!! I have tried, vaseline, burts bees, chapstick, maybelline baby lips, ETC.. But this always TOPS my list, it makes my lips soft to the touch, softens lines and cracks and you can wear lipstick on top of this product and your lips will look amazingly soft!
I have recently returned my 1.25 oz ($16) at Sephora and purchased the 2.5oz for $20 on ebay/amazon.

I have not tried the foaming face wash yet! but I want too! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I decided to buy a 60g tube to test it out. I live in Japan so it was around $5, which is pretty inexpensive. It is called yuskinA. I don't know about anyone else but I love the scent of Vicks vapour rub, so I really enjoy the scent of this. It does fade away pretty quickly though.

The consistency is thinner than Vicks but still quite thick and leaves a tacky feeling on the skin due to the high level of glycerin. It isn't greasy at all though and does leave my hands soft. Just sticky. Now that the weather is warmer, I find the feeling to be quite uncomfortable and I can imagine this is quite amazing in winter for hands and feet.

Update: I decided to try this on my face because there were a lot of good reviews of this for the face. I love it too! While it doesn't leave my face soft or improve the texture, it really helps to heal scars and pimples on those areas that need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this in my Sample Society box and immediately was intrigued. At first I just tried it on my lips--worked very well. Then tried my cuticles--soft and didn't leave a lingering residue. Built up the courage to try it as a night cream and by then I was sold! I know people hate the smell but I promise it goes away in less than a minute and it can seem thick and greasy at first-fear not! It soaks in skin pretty quickly(use it sparingly) and leaves super soft, supple skin. Also, my skin is starting to get sensitive and I didn't have any ill reactions with Yu-Be, big deal for me nowadays. Added bonus: it seems gender neutral so I think I can get my husband to use it on his lizard skin. ;) It was around $16 and currently has free shipping at birchbox.com.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by fayray00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After hearing rave reviews about this on skincare blogs, I decided to give it a try. Especially because it was fairly cheap. So far, I'm not super impressed with it. The camphor smell is tolerable and doesn't last very long. While it does feel like it hydrates, it also leaves a very sticky residue that doesn't absorb into my skin at all. It also clogs the pores on my cheeks and breaks me out slightly. It seems like it could work great for very dry, aging skin but for me, I personally prefer a moisturizer that absorbs into my skin and leaves it soft. This stuff just feels like a layer of sticky all over my face that doesn't go away.

EDIT* I decided to use it as a night moisturizer instead and it does work great. My skin feels so soft when I wake up. Great for when I have dehydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I spent 20 minutes hunting through Sephora for a silicone free moisturizer that wasn't too heavy for my face and was about to give it up when I spotted this little gem in the check out area. This is a glycerine based product so I was a little wary since glycerine can make me break out with repeated use. I love Tarte's glycerine cheek stains but can't wear them back to back or more then a staggered few days a week without getting a break out on my cheeks. That type of glycerine just parks on top of the skin which is what I'm assuming causes the issue this product aborbs almost instantly so I'm willing to give it a shot. Out of the tube the consistency reminds me of a yellow primer but a bit more dense and it smells a little like Carmex. Not the best scent but the package comes with an insert that explains the product and that the smell evaporates quickly and it does. Within seconds. I use this for my face and have combo skin. A little goes a long way a pea sized dollop is the perfect amount to cover my face and neck and this absorbs immediately with no greasy after feel and no residue. It hasn't made my skin oily throughout the day or caused any break outs so far and my skin reacts pretty quickly to new products. If after a few days there are no issues I'm usually in the clear. This could change as the weather warms up but I can see this working just as well for me on hot summer days as it is now in cool weather. This stuff is deceptively light. Other posters mentioned the soothing benefits and to my surprise I used this after an eyebrow wax the other day and it calmed the redness and swelling right down. Normally no matter where I get a wax done or what I do or take before or after I'm red and swollen and look like a freak show for hours. This took the redness away almost immediately and left me with just some slight swelling so that I could at least carry on with my day without giant sunglasses. Great find for the silicone sensitive and a definite rebuy.

** Update** So it's that time of the month when I get one or two really painful blemishes that you just can't help but mess with no matter how bad you know it's gonna look in the morning. I applied this moisturizer after washing my face and the next morning they were gone, no under grounders waiting to resurface or redness, you could barely tell they were ever there at all. If you have the same bad habit most people do, use this after. I'm assuming it's the camphor in the formula. Great multi-purpose product and will always be in my medicine cabinet.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Cossetta

My skin is combination, so basically, its iffy. I can use a product one day and it will do wonders and the next i may be battling an entirely different problem, sometimes its dry, sometimes its acne prone and super sensitive, and sometimes i feel i could put a pound of bacon grease on my face and it would prevail with glimmering perfection.
this said, i had a small test tube of the yu-be from sephora and was immediately terrified when i started putting it on my face, very thick, very smelly and entirely too vaseline esc for my skin!
however! after a half hour (yes, I'm a risk taker) the smell is gone and my face feels so supple and moist! I also spread a small amount on my lips resulting in pouty,smooth, kissable perfection, if anything, go sample searching and use it for your lips! i may or may not purchase it, but after a week i may change my mind!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have such mixed feelings about this. I don't like the way it feels on my skin, so the giant tub is way too much for me. Having said that, this is my HG lip conditioner. I've tried so many things to smooth out my lips. I don't have a problem with them being dry or flakey or anything, I just have never had great smooth lips and nothing has worked. Not vasaline, not chapstick, nothing. I put this on at night once though and the next morning I literally had perfect lips. They were so smooth I couldn't believe it. I like the way it feels light and not super greasy. It absorbs really well but doesn't dry my lips out. All my lip products actually look good now and apply so much easier. It's definitely worth trying.