Kerastase Bain Volumactive Shampoo

3.3

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Disodium Cocoamidopropionate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Cocamide MIPA, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, DMDM Hydantoin, Carbomer, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Polyquaternium-7, Methylparaben, Quaternium-87, 2-Oleamido-1,3, Octadecanediol, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 4/5/2012 4:08:00 PM

I've been using this for almost a year and these are the results. please keep in mind that I have very thin hair but no other problems.

1. this product is perhaps too gentle on your hair and scalp, there is hardly any cleansing going on.

2. does not add any extra volume

3. when used from time to time rather then constantly adds a lovely and healthy shine to your hair.

4. you need to use something with a more cleansing effect at least one a week with this shampoo otherwise it causes build ups in the scalp (which I never had before with any other product!)

overall I would call this an occasions only shampoo and will not be re-purchasing. over here this costs around $40 and not really worth the money, the only reason I used it was because my cousin keeps bringing me some whenever she travels abroad =/

on 3/31/2012 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My hair type:
Very very very thin hair, lots of it, cut in an angled bob, flat and very easily weighed down by anything, hard to get volume out of it, but I try to get as much as I can!
I have been alternating this shampoo with L'Oreal Professionel volume extreme shampoo, to compare both. I don't use conditioner, and use K Masque thermique as a leave-in.

These are my findings:
L'Oreal gives more volume, but dries out the hair -slightly- more (this, for me, is a good thing, since my scalp is super oily)
L'Oreal is better for second day hair (again, because it is drier and my hair gets oily on the second day of K)
Kerastase leaves my hair -slightly- healthier and shinier, with less fly-aways
L'oreal gives a deeper clean (I feel like I don't need to use a cleansing shampoo as much with it than with K)
TBH, there wasn't really that much of a difference

I will continue using K until it runs out (because it is so damn expensive!) but I will go back to L'Oreal (cheaper, and I think I prefer it)

on 12/28/2011 6:55:00 PM

LOVE!!!
Ive strayed and always end up coming back to my volumactive shampoo! Although its considered a rich and prescriptive shampoo its somehow super light!
I dont have a problem with volume but i have a problem with GREASE!!!...like at the end of the day it looks like i have wet my hair...only i didnt! GAROAS!
because its meant for volume it keeps my greasies at bay for the most part so i have to rate this! My only issue is that its pricey but its concentrated and you really pay for the quality...i pair this with Unites Blonda conditoner (check for review) just on the ends and i love the smell combo!

on 10/2/2011 3:38:00 AM

Agreeing with MANY other comments, I don't think this product volumises much, not really worth the price tag. It's a nice luxury product but doesn't volumise like Redken's Body Full or Biolage's Volume Shampoo. Works well as a shampoo but so do $3 ones. Expected a bit more pizzazz for all the $$$$ I forked out.

on 9/15/2011 2:27:00 PM

I've been using this product for a month now and I honestly can't see any difference. It doesn't seem to be creating any volume at all. It smells good and it's in nice enough packaging but I just don't think that justifies the price-tag.

It also leaves a slight 'greasy' feeling after on the length of my hair. I've not really suffered from having a greasy scalp previously either so I can only put it down the use of this shampoo. It just doesn't leave my hair feeling clean enough. Definately wont be buying it again.

on 8/12/2011 12:33:00 PM

In agreement with other comments - whether it actually provides any extra volume is hard to tell, as I have been using Aveda Abundance Potion as well.
Used in conjunction with the conditioner it feels like a luxurious treat, and smells quite good. A little goes an extremely long way, and I alternate with Pantene Clarifying shampoo and Pantene conditioner for dry, damaged hair.
Probably wouldn't buy this again, as I can't really see any real results, but it does look nice in my bathroom :/

on 7/22/2011 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have fine, wavy, frizzy hair. I use the Kerastase Ciment Thermique milk reconstructor leave-in and it's my saviour! It's the ONLY product that takes away frizzies and leaves my hair soft and shiny when I blow dry it straight. I don't like spending a lot of money on shampoo but I decided to try the Bain Volumactive to treat myself and I am in love wtih it!! My hair is soft, shiny and has a lot of movement today!! It feels "sexy"!! I read the reviews before buying it and I was feeling a bit deterred, but I bought it anyway as a treat for myself and I'm glad I did! Everyone will have a different experience with any product but I say try it. :)

on 5/15/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Horrible shampoo! I bought the shampoo, conditioner and $50 masque and they all sit in my bathroom. This was the worst drying shampoo(and my hair is SUPER oily) I have ever tried. Left a thick layer of something on my hair, I could barely brush it to blow-dry. Tried it twice and gave up. Such a total waste. Doesn't smell good either

on 4/5/2011 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have fine dry hair & lots of it. I don't know that this product actually adds any volume (that's debatable), but it sure feels wonderful to use - many shampoos really dry out my hair but this shampoo leaves it very soft & silky after rinsing, even before I use a conditioner. It makes the job of detangling with a comb when the conditioner is in so much easier. So for that reason alone I will continue to buy it. I alternate it with Pantene "Always Smooth' shampoo because it's way too expensive to use every wash in my opinion. I use the product sparingly, and you don't need alot as it lathers up quite well. The Pantene does the job, but this product is so much better at it. The bottle could do with a flip-top lid for ease of use in the shower, but it's good for travelling with the screw on lid (250ml) and is secure as it clicks into place quite tightly. The smell of it is rather ordinary, it's not offensive, nothing special though. If it were more reasonably priced I would ditch the Pantene in a heartbeat. I took off one lippy for the reasons stated above.

on 9/20/2010 1:49:00 PM

For some reason the Bain Volumactive Shampoo had the opposite effect on my hair (as did the masque in the same range), it made it limper than ever. Very odd - maybe something to do with water quality, as I notice others also experience this effect. I'm a massive Kerastase fan - it saves the life of my long, fine (but lots of it) highlighted-to-death hair. However, this was not a good product and wouldn't recommend.

Top Rated Kerastase Products