December 19, 2014 | 1188 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain Volumactive Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My hair type:
Very very very thin hair, lots of it, cut in an angled bob, flat and very easily weighed down by anything, hard to get volume out of it, but I try to get as much as I can!
I have been alternating this shampoo with L'Oreal Professionel volume extreme shampoo, to compare both. I don't use conditioner, and use K Masque thermique as a leave-in.

These are my findings:
L'Oreal gives more volume, but dries out the hair -slightly- more (this, for me, is a good thing, since my scalp is super oily)
L'Oreal is better for second day hair (again, because it is drier and my hair gets oily on the second day of K)
Kerastase leaves my hair -slightly- healthier and shinier, with less fly-aways
L'oreal gives a deeper clean (I feel like I don't need to use a cleansing shampoo as much with it than with K)
TBH, there wasn't really that much of a difference

I will continue using K until it runs out (because it is so damn expensive!) but I will go back to L'Oreal (cheaper, and I think I prefer it)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mamaDtheQT

LOVE!!!
Ive strayed and always end up coming back to my volumactive shampoo! Although its considered a rich and prescriptive shampoo its somehow super light!
I dont have a problem with volume but i have a problem with GREASE!!!...like at the end of the day it looks like i have wet my hair...only i didnt! GAROAS!
because its meant for volume it keeps my greasies at bay for the most part so i have to rate this! My only issue is that its pricey but its concentrated and you really pay for the quality...i pair this with Unites Blonda conditoner (check for review) just on the ends and i love the smell combo!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by marshmello24

Agreeing with MANY other comments, I don't think this product volumises much, not really worth the price tag. It's a nice luxury product but doesn't volumise like Redken's Body Full or Biolage's Volume Shampoo. Works well as a shampoo but so do $3 ones. Expected a bit more pizzazz for all the $$$$ I forked out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

I've been using this product for a month now and I honestly can't see any difference. It doesn't seem to be creating any volume at all. It smells good and it's in nice enough packaging but I just don't think that justifies the price-tag.

It also leaves a slight 'greasy' feeling after on the length of my hair. I've not really suffered from having a greasy scalp previously either so I can only put it down the use of this shampoo. It just doesn't leave my hair feeling clean enough. Definately wont be buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Kati3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In agreement with other comments - whether it actually provides any extra volume is hard to tell, as I have been using Aveda Abundance Potion as well.
Used in conjunction with the conditioner it feels like a luxurious treat, and smells quite good. A little goes an extremely long way, and I alternate with Pantene Clarifying shampoo and Pantene conditioner for dry, damaged hair.
Probably wouldn't buy this again, as I can't really see any real results, but it does look nice in my bathroom :/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Robyn27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fine, wavy, frizzy hair. I use the Kerastase Ciment Thermique milk reconstructor leave-in and it's my saviour! It's the ONLY product that takes away frizzies and leaves my hair soft and shiny when I blow dry it straight. I don't like spending a lot of money on shampoo but I decided to try the Bain Volumactive to treat myself and I am in love wtih it!! My hair is soft, shiny and has a lot of movement today!! It feels "sexy"!! I read the reviews before buying it and I was feeling a bit deterred, but I bought it anyway as a treat for myself and I'm glad I did! Everyone will have a different experience with any product but I say try it. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by canadamomof4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrible shampoo! I bought the shampoo, conditioner and $50 masque and they all sit in my bathroom. This was the worst drying shampoo(and my hair is SUPER oily) I have ever tried. Left a thick layer of something on my hair, I could barely brush it to blow-dry. Tried it twice and gave up. Such a total waste. Doesn't smell good either

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fine dry hair & lots of it. I don't know that this product actually adds any volume (that's debatable), but it sure feels wonderful to use - many shampoos really dry out my hair but this shampoo leaves it very soft & silky after rinsing, even before I use a conditioner. It makes the job of detangling with a comb when the conditioner is in so much easier. So for that reason alone I will continue to buy it. I alternate it with Pantene "Always Smooth' shampoo because it's way too expensive to use every wash in my opinion. I use the product sparingly, and you don't need alot as it lathers up quite well. The Pantene does the job, but this product is so much better at it. The bottle could do with a flip-top lid for ease of use in the shower, but it's good for travelling with the screw on lid (250ml) and is secure as it clicks into place quite tightly. The smell of it is rather ordinary, it's not offensive, nothing special though. If it were more reasonably priced I would ditch the Pantene in a heartbeat. I took off one lippy for the reasons stated above.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Ianthe19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For some reason the Bain Volumactive Shampoo had the opposite effect on my hair (as did the masque in the same range), it made it limper than ever. Very odd - maybe something to do with water quality, as I notice others also experience this effect. I'm a massive Kerastase fan - it saves the life of my long, fine (but lots of it) highlighted-to-death hair. However, this was not a good product and wouldn't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by wingcharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really sure what to think of this product.
I bought it because it has a volumizing effect. I really need this one because I live in a tropical country and the weather always make my hair so flat due to my fine hair. So what I love most is even if it is so expensive, a little amount of shampoo can already lather my hair nicely. Plus the smell is really good. I can't really say that it volumized my hair but it solved my "flat hair" problem. So that's quite impressive. But as days go by, it made my hair look dry,frizzy and dull. Maybe because I use it everyday without any conditioner. But the problem is when I use a conditioner, it makes my hair limp again. Maybe I have to use a Kerastase conditioner too which means more money again. Plus, another thing why I like this shampoo is because it solved my dandruff problem. All my life, I've been using anti dandruff shampoo because other shampoos only make my scalp flaky.
So now, I have stopped using this shampoo for a while and I'm now using another Loreal product but my scalp itchiness came back. This Kerastase product is almost perfect for me because it solved two of my hair problems, but it's much better if it won't dry my hair out.