November 22, 2014 | 950 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Eyeshadow Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 4:38:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

I bought this brush years ago when i first was introduced to make up. This brush hasnt changed one bit since those 5+ years ago since i last had a look in Body Shop.
In my early days of using this brush i used to think was great. But now i dont like it anymore. After being introduced to the laura mercier eyeshadow brush i can only see how inferior this brush it. Its very thin not dense at all! I mean its fairly pricey ( i think its close to $20AUS) and you would think they could pack more bristles on! However the handle is good and the brush is made well. I like how the bottom is flat.
Anyway this brush is so crappy at picking up alot of colour on the brush! If i swiped my laura mercier and swiped this brush on the same eyeshadow this brush would barely pack any pigment on. I find with this brush i really need to swipe numerous times!
I do agree with other viewers this brush sucks bad with powder eyeshadows. Its not too bad with loose pigments, however it does work fairly good with creamy eyeshadows. Ive actualy used it lately as a concealer brush and its pretty good for that!
Also, this brush also once got flattened in my cosmetic bag and the bristels got bent. I have never been able to restraighten my bristels so the bristles are curved! i even tried washing the brush and flattening it with heavy books. I have tried this numerous times and its a NO GO!!.
So ladies, should u buy this brush?, no you shouldnt! its overly priced and you can get better tools for a cheaper price. Invest in a laura mercier brush! OMG is all i can say!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love The Body Shop's brushes! They're incredibly soft. This picks up the colour of the eyeshadow perfectly, and doesn't drop it off, not much at least. The brush is quite thin, making it perfect for a liner. If you have a very pigmented eyeshadow, like the Make Up Store's ones, it's sometimes hard to even it out. But overall, a very good brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by aalmu90

This is a fantastic brush! I use to to apply my paint pots, eyeshadow and even concelor! It's such a multi-purpose brush! I actually feel that it's an advantage that the brush has stiff bristles. I sometimes like to use this to apply shadow on my lashline because it's nice and stiff. As for eyeshadow- My brush picks up just the right amount of product. The brush Is also the perfect size, it's not one of those itsy bitsy brushes that take forever to cover the whole lid area. Sometimes one application will do it for me, depending on the intensity of the shadow. I love TBS brushes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by DaniaLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is PERFECT for cream eyeshadows and concealer. I'm glad I found this, because I was tempted to buy the Laura Mercier concealer brush, which costs a fortune. This one from the Body Shop is bliss!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Fbsq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i thought i was the only one having the problem with this brush not picking up any product ... i get annoyed as i have to repeat the same process loads of times just to get some product show up... this was my first eyeshadow brush.... n i don use this stuff... as other ppl mentioned i have to try using it for concealor

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this brush is designed to be used with shimmer cubes. It is quite stiff so I mainly use it for blending.
The quality is quite decent and I've had it for several years. Unfortunately I don't reach out for this brush too often so I won't re-purchase

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2009 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Bingjie

this is the worst "eyeshadow" brush i have ever used!!
I got this brush because the body shop had some promotion that a set of 4 or 5 brushes that worth 90 dollors for only 15dollars. it comes with a brush wrap too. i haven't tried the other brushes but this one as an eyeshadow brush i would say it's really bad. it doesn't pick up any color. ive tried to use it both wet and dry. both way won't work. i might try to use it as a consealer brush. very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by jasmine1765

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the body shop. But I did not like this brush. It doesnt pick up colour as well as other brushes that I have do. Sometimes I use it to apply eyeshadow on my lower lashline with it but I would not reccommend buying it. I am going to try using it as a concealer brush, as some of the other reviewers mentioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by ImGaskarthsLilMamaxD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this one because i refuse to use an eyeshadow brush that they harmed animals for. its an alright brush...i personally think it could be better but itll do until i find a better one. once its been used too much ill try a different one but i dont really dislike it. ill give it 5 stars because they dont hurt animals for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by CastlesMadeOfSand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use as an eyeshadow brush - as it was intended - but it was too thin and stiff to blend eyeshadow well. I ended up returning it for the Eyeshadow Blender Brush, and I absolutely love it because it's a bit bigger and fluffier. I highly recommend that brush...this one, not so much, although it would probably work well for applying concealer.