Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Talc, Tribehenin, Trisiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Alumina, Nylon 12, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polyisobutene, Synthetic Wax, Micocrystalline Wax, Sodium Chloride, Mushroom Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cornflower Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Phytantriol, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Triethoxy Caprylysilane, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Silica, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Zinc Oxide.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I picked this up on a whim because I was looking for another product that wasn't yet available here in Canada. I wasn't expecting much from this but I have found myself loving it. It covers acne scars well and covers breakouts phenomenally, I love that it has salicylic acid in it too. Overall really great product !

on 11/25/2014 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This concealer does what I want it to do: to cover up my blemishes and not create new ones. I am not claiming this as miracle concealer but this does make my blemishes appear hidden and less red. I haven't noticed the concealer heal my blemishes but I never expect it since it is a concealer and not a skin care product. it non irritating and easy to blend. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging. I hate doe foot applicators. I wished it came out as a squeeze out tube since it would be more hygienic. I am afraid of the coming months when the concealer would be more contaminated because the doe foot applicator touches my skin, then it goes back in the tube and this domino effect would create new blemishes . I know my views are different from the other reviewers who love this product but I would repurchase IF they packaged it in a squeeze out tube.

on 11/10/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Weeks ago I finished my ELF Tone Correcting Concelar [which I liked for how lightweight and natural it looked] and although this 1 week old tube of Almay's has got far more pigment and coverage, I like it too! I put some in the back of my hand, and dab it on with a brush over my eyes or any problem area and it blends in smoothly with my skin and my powder [if I wear any powder on that day]. It lasts all day, seldom collects wherever skin folds and it does look for the most part natural. Matte color.
It hasn't irritated any pimples so far. WHICH IS A PLUS.
I might not purchase again just because ELF does a cheaper concealer in a smaller container, so that means I'm not in that much of a hurry to finish it before it goes bad on me.

I do not know if it actually works on healing pimples, but I will say this covers phenomenally for a drugstore concealer! It is very affordable, has great coverage, and lasts me all day. I have no reason to ever use any other concealer again, well unless they discontinue it. ;)

After using this for almost a year religiously, I noticed in natural light that it looked orange on me. After taking a break from it for a month or two, I have rekindled my love for this concealer. Very thick and covers everything I need it to. Definitely helps heal blemishes as well! I believe this might be a holy grail product!

on 10/1/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been looking for a concealer containing salicylic acid for the longest time. I'm dealing with acne/pimples right now, so it's important that i'm not just covering my acne with layers and layers of makeup. I was using FitMe by Maybelline before and I really do love it, but I wanted a concealer that would contain some form of ingredient to somewhat help the healing process. Enter, Almay Clear Complexion Concealer. I picked this up at my local London Drugs. It comes in 3 shades and fortunately, the darkest shade (Medium) matches my skin well. Not perfectly, but when blended with my foundation, it does the job.

Today was the first day I used it and I had to write a review. Let me just say... for a drugstore concealer, it is very impressive. Blendable, buildable (if you want more coverage), and does not irritate my acne. Tip: only use on problem areas. It doesn't work well under the eyes. Since my skin is combination/oily, it's a huge plus that it has a matte finish. I'd say the only downside is the applicator. If it came in a tube, as opposed to a wand w/ sponge applicator, it would be much more sanitary. Otherwise, it's a great product. Would definitely recommend trying!

on 9/7/2014 10:18:00 PM

I'm on my second tube because this stuff lasts forever (but you should toss it out after 18months). It's the best concealer I've ever tried. I use it around my nose, on pimples, and under my eyes and it does the job so well! it's the first drugstore brand concealer that hasn't clogged my pores or made me break out. I don't wear concealer everyday but when I do this is what I use

on 9/3/2014 10:32:00 PM

I am currently on my second tube. I really like this concealer, it's not cakey, it covers blemishes and redness well, its no miracle concealer but it's pretty good for the price. It doesn't cause my breakouts to get worse. I don't find however that it doesn't anything to clear breakouts. I would only use this concealer for covering blemishes, not suitable for the under eye are, in my opinion.

on 7/15/2014 7:16:00 PM

I can honestly say I haven't left the house without using this concealer in years and I'm not exaggerating. This does an excellent job of covering redness and hiding the acne on my chin and jawline. Even when I worked in an outdoor restaurant in Florida where I would sweat and barely have time to go to the bathroom let alone fix and re-do my makeup. I've even gone to the beach and the gym with minimal amounts wearing off. On the other hand, because it stays on so well make sure you have a good cleanser to get it all off at night.

However, I would not say this product does much to heal existing acne but it also doesn't make it worse or cause more which is all I can really ask for. I always put on sunscreen before which helps to moisturize the areas I will apply it to and it avoids the cakiness/flakey appearance others have described.

Other notes, I'm fair skinned (but not ghostly pale) and I use the lightest shade and its perfect. Hopefully there will come a day when I don't need this product but until then I keep a tube with me where ever I go.

Because of the good reviews I read about this product I decided to give it a shot and the result was disappointing, at least for me!
The lightest shade is a little bit darker than my skin but it wasn't that bad, the biggest issue with this concealer is that it cakes on my blemishes making them stand out even more and doesn't neutralize the redness.

Top Rated Almay Products