December 21, 2014 | 1902 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by AtomicLeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really surprised. One of the best foundations I've used. I have normal to dry skin, prefer to use this foundation with revlon color stay aqua translucent setting powder. I used it for photo shooting and was surprised when it looked as I just applied it after 7 hours. Also it doesn't crease when it's hot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by bambiemeow25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is great for several reasons. It stays all day, it feels light as if you're not even wearing makeup, and it has a lot of colours. I got Ivory because it is the lightest and I have fair skin. It also has pink undertones which I found pleasantly surprising, as my skin also has pink undertones so it matched perfectly! I've noticed that many people complain about the lack of a pump. It's an easy fix, all you have to do to get product is shake the bottle and get some from the inside of the cap rather then the bottle itself. One thing, though, is that it dries very quickly, so you have to work fast. I just apply it like moisturizer and it has great coverage. It smells kind of weird, as many foundations do, but nothing over-powering. All in all it feels great, lasts, matches, and is fairly reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend it to friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was very pleasantly surprised by this foundation. The Ivory shade matched my fair skin almost perfectly. It's the closest I've come with a drugstore makeup. It's very blendable and gives great coverage. It also doesn't dry out my skin during the day. A big, big plus. A great buy for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I will probably never buy a different foundation after trying this one! I have pretty oily skin that, with other foundations, needs to be set with a powder, and often needs to be blotted for oil throughout the day. With this foundation, I don't really need to do either of those things! I don't like the tacky feeling of foundation so I usually set it with powder anyway, but ColorStay (in the combination/oily formula) really keeps my oil under control better than anything else I've tried. Also, it has amazing coverage--I scarcely need to use concealer! It dries to a semi-matte finish, is easily blended, and looks fairly natural on my skin. Granted, it's a tad bit pricey for the drugstore (I paid $12 for it), but it's so, so worth it. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by bettyeb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a terrific foundation. I need foundations with a pink undertone, and Colorstay 110 Ivory is perfect for my fair complexion. It is the same shade as Prescriptives Real Camellia, but has a thicker consistency. I apply it with a damp sponge, and have no problem getting even coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by zoohousekey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation has good coverage, a matte finish, and it doesn't break me out. It's the best one I've tried so far, so I'll continue to buy until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

This is my HG foundation. I have been using this almost everyday for over 2 years and have yet to stray away. It has very full coverage and glides on fairly easily after I have let my moisturizer and primer soak in. It lasts 8+ hours and for the most part doesn't budge. I get a little oily after a few hours but I do also without foundation. It does NOT and has never broken me out which is a huge plus. If you're curious about a good DS foundation, would reccomend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by cessica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

YouTube has a lot to answer for! I avoided this foundation for so long on the grounds that everyone and their sister on YouTube had deemed it impossible to work with. But that really REALLY isn't the case. I've used every application method I could think of with this foundation from my Real Techniques stippling brush to a good old fashioned damp sponge and it always blends wonderfully.
As far as colour goes, this is the closest to my skin tone and when applied with a stippling brush gives a really lovely (not quite airbrushed but close enough) effect.

The consistency IS thick but all you need to do is use a tiny amount or even add some moisturiser to it and you'll be fine. One of my favourite things about this product is whilst I do find myself needing a little powder later in the day, it doesn't oxidise and turn you into a human clementine which is my number one pet hate with foundations!!

Like everyone else, I wish Revlon would put a pump on the bottle as I've lost count of the numer of times I've knocked it over and lost half the contents on my bedroom floor but that aside, it's good packaging. One of the first drug store foundations I'd come across that was in a glass bottle as opposed to plastic which was a nice touch.

It's far from my HG foundation (I'm still working on that hehe) but it is a good buy. Take it from someone extremely picky, do NOT be put off by the bad reviews. This is one of the best drugstore/high street products out there and is really worth a try. :-)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I used this foundation for two years and I honestly cannot fathom why. I'm extremely upset with it, actually...
I thought, during my using it, that it was a very heavy-duty formula that covered all my facial imperfections and gave me flawless skin.
Oh, how wrong I was!
First, I used the lightest color Revlon offers in this foundation and it is INCREDIBLY orange. I can't believe I hadn't noticed this until now, but I turned my face to the side and saw that even though I had blended the foundation well into my skin, it still obviously clashed with my natural skin tone on the sides of my face, and made it look as though I was wearing an orange mask.
Second, though it claims to help control oil, I really saw no proof of this claim. I have combination skin and was relying on this to keep my skin shine-free throughout the day. Even when setting this foundation with a powder, it could not live up to its claims. My skin would often feel like an orange oil slick, and when I would touch it, my fingers would come off with coating of the foundation! This, in effect, would leave the part of skin I had touched completely without any foundation. In the morning, when applying, I hated how dewy and thick it felt on my skin, as though it were just sitting on top of my skin rather than becoming a natural part of it (as much as a foundation can, anyway).
I can fully assure you that these observations were not coincidental, one-time occurences, as I used this same foundation in the same color every single day for two years, without fail.

Also, the packaging! At first, I didn't mind it at all. After buying a new bottle every month or so- since I used it so much- I began to notice that the foundation would leak out of the sides of the top, and as you reach the bottom of the bottle, it becomes like thick sludge and is relatively impossible to get out, let alone use. To try to get the most out of the product, I would flip it onto its top as I neared the end of the bottle, hoping the remaining foundation would drip down into the cap so I could then use it.
This, unfortunately, worked far better than I had hoped. The foundation dripped down into the cap, all right, and also penetrated the insides of the bottle as well, covering the space between the outside and the cap with a hefty coating of my precious foundation, now rendered inextractable and completely useless. Not to mention my other grievances with Revlon in being a company that tests on animals- I doubt that its bunny rabbit subjects like this foundation, either...

I'm simply not impressed anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by beautyonabudget19

I'm extremely fair, so when i found this foundation in a shade closer than any other drugstore foundations i've ever tried.

After reading multiple reviews about this product i was sure it was worth it.
it is quite expensive for a drugstore foundation, its about 15$ but when it first came out i think it was about 22$

This foundation has been raved about and the wide shade selection had me even more excited

The shade i chose was 110 ivory because that is, in fact the lightest shade and i chose it also because the second lightest shade is buff i believe and it had too much of a yellow undertone for my ginger complexion. So i went for Ivory with the more pink undertone.

The consistency of this foundation is on the watery side, it comes out of the container extremely fast and I often pour too much. That's also one downside is that the bottle has no pump or anything, its not the easiest to get the product out.

Once applied it has very good coverage , i double it up as concealer the majority of the time. It blends very well into the colour of my neck and once i set it with powder it seems nearly perfect.

BUT, throughout the day i found my face turning more pink than anything else, Im not sure if it's the natural redness in my face showing through or it's the foundation itself.

This hasn't been much of a problem considering Im used to my face having a red tint.

This foundation also has not broken me out which is a MAJOR plus because most foundations and concealers do really cause me some full blown whiteheads. Luckily this hasnt happened and im so thankful for that.

Except for minor details I found that I really do enjoy this foundation and I do recommend it to others. I think the other shades probably will not have the red tint problem but I do this this foundation is worth trying out.