September 23, 2014 | 1145 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Skinflash

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by KatieA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is just okay. I bought it with the hopes it'd conceal dark circles and brighten my skin. It works okay as a concealar, but I don't notice any difference in brightness. It's about $40 at Sephora. I won't bother buying it again since it doesn't wow me. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can't believe this product got such low rating here! I've got my second skinflash today. It does an amazing job on brightening up my eyes and yet makes it look so natural. I have tried many highlights, and I think this one is the best one out there.
When I have more serious dark circles I use concealer Diorskin Nude.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap as I had a Dior makeover in the Spring and the MUA used it. It's not a concealer, its a highlighter. I apply it in the hollow dark area on the eys close to the nose. I love it! It brightens up that area and thus makes my eyes and makeup brighter. I have it in the Rose - I'm a NC 20-25 and it works well with my coloring. I took a lippie off for the price and 1 for the applicator- as stated below its a twist up pen and you either get no product or too much. I'll probably get the hang of it soon. Yes I would repurchase. I wouldn't use it as a concealer though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by sk090

I am yet another advocate of the skinflash- it does what is meant to; brightens, makes undereye circles look less dull, highlights, and I use it to layer on top of some heavy duty concealer to hide blemishes when need be. For both price and quantity, this product wins over the ysl touche eclat- whilst both have colours that match my skin tone wel enough, the skinflash delivers the same results without the price hike.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Way to drying for under the eyes. Its an OK product would not repurchase tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Ayseo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start off by saying I don't have very severe dark circles. I find many concealers to be too cakey and full coverage for me. Skinflash is the definition of perfection. Although it is a highlighter, it functions perfectly for the purpose of concealing my dark circles. It covers just enough and looks so natural that it would be almost impossible to detect you have any concealer on. It is incredibly hydrating (even more so than my eye cream) and is a dream to blend. It also has a pleasent scent. Like many of the highlighters on the market, this comes in a twist pen with a brush and fits into a lovely pouch. The twist function can be a little annoying at times (you twist a few times and nothing comes out and suddenly the product oozes out.) It can be solved after a few uses though. This highlighter comes in four shades and I find 003 to be the perfect match for me. The only major downfall to this product is that it is on the pricier side. However, I can overlook that as this is the only concealer I have been satisfied with.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by emmio10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I mostly use this to lightly conceal and highlight my under eyes, and it does a pretty good job! potential HG material! I definitely would not recommend this for people with dark under eyes circles as this will not conceal them in any way. I don't have a huge problem with dark circles, so I find that this really perks up my eyes in the morning and the formula is really light and blends in like a dream. I hate most conventional concealers used for the under eyes as I find that they are heavy and really drying which leads to creasing. However, it is really, really expensive for such a small amount of product so I won't be repurchasing. 25 for 1.5ml of product! It lasted me only about a month and a half as sometimes I also used it to highlight down the bridge and the sides of my nose. The packaging was really beautiful though, typical Dior! even came in a velvet navy pouch which I couldn't bring myself to throw away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been using YSL Touch Eclat for the past 10 years, but will never go back now that I've discovered this! I have Skinflash in Candlelight and it is so much more flattering on me (NC20). I also find this to be much more pigmented than Touch Eclat and wears longer. It's made a huge difference in my makeup. Texture is nice and does not cake. I love this product. My only complaint is you get much less product w/ Skinflash (.05oz) compared to YSL (.1oz).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Bekmar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is ok. It doesn't cake and goes on smooth. Just not for me.. It did last me a long time! I bought it in England 2 years ago and still have it. :) It doesnt conceal dark circles , packages is really nice. I wont buy it again tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by CGE83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This really is an excellent highlighter. I have this in sunbeam (003) and it blends perfectly with my (olive) skin. Personally, I use this on top of my foundation on my under eye areas, on the sides of the bridge of my nose and on my upper lip. It doesn't cover up any dark spots (those still need to be taken care of with concealer), but it certainly goes a long way to giving me a more refreshed, glowy look. Aside from it working very well as a highlighter, the two other major pluses for me are the fact that it doesn't dry out my skin (which is a big thing since I apply it under my eyes) and it does not cake or settle into any lines. Ever.