Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cetyl Ricinoleate(Chamomile (chamomilla recutita) extract), Isohexadecane, TEA Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Bisabolol(anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory), Chamomile Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate(vitamin E), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate(licorice root extract), Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, BHT, Geranium, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben 5/29/09

on 6/18/2014 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Oooh now this is nice for a cheap cleanser!!! Perfect for dry/sensitive skin, does exactly what it says on the bottle.

on 5/17/2014 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Fragrance free, non-foaming, lotion type cleanser. I usually use this as a pre-cleanse to remove sunscreen and blush, then I follow up with a foaming cleanser. On lazy-bare-faced-days, just this alone and IME, it cleans better than Cetaphil. I have not experienced irritation or stinging from it.

on 4/26/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So gentle that it did absolutely nothing but make my face itchy

on 4/7/2014 1:05:00 PM

This is the gentlest cleanser for people with sensitive/ raw skin, even gentler than cetaphil. Love the pump packaging and the milky consistency. Skin feels moisturised after cleansing with this. Iv been through 3 bottles of these and was starting to feel sick/overly moisturized so i was looking into getting a gentle foaming sort of cleanser as most i find over-drying and uncomfortable. But then i decided to stick with this but this time use it with tissue paper. Feels cleaner this way.

on 3/15/2014 6:27:00 PM

I've been having some issues with my skin this winter.. It's been so dry and nothing has been working. I was looking for a face cleanser at target and came across this. I've only used it 3 times and so far my dry skin is completely gone.. In fact my complexion just over all looks better. I would totally buy this again, especially at 9 dollars you can't really go wrong! And especially for anyone that has dry / sensitive skin then I would highly recommend it. It doesn't sting or make my skin red like some other cleansers do and it doesn't feel tight or dry after you wash your face!! 5/5 lippies 💋

on 3/10/2014 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Perfect product for someone with sensitive skin like myself. I have been using this at least a year to wash off my makeup at night. My skin is left very clean with no residue. I also use it when I get my face waxed, my skin gets red and sensitive afterward and this stuff really cleans it and soothes at the same time. Highly recommended for gals with sensitive skin.

on 2/28/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This stuff has been a Godsend to me this winter. I developed dry itchy patches on my forehead and cheeks this due to the extreme weather and I guess just changes in my skin. It was so ridiculously bad that I could wear ANY foundation because my skin just looked awful. I was on the search for good gentle cleanser and happened upon this one at my local Jewel Osco.

My skin didn't like it at first. It stung my patchy skin and I got a little discouraged by continued with it anyway. I paired it with Avon's Nurtura moisturizer and now my flakes and patches are under control. and no more stinging!

on 2/19/2014 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use the Equate "dupe" of Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser on a regular basis. Every once and awhile I like to change it up and go for something to see if I can find a product my face likes better. The price was the first indicator that I probably wasn't going to get it again. My Equate face wash is much cheaper, but I figure if it is a superior product, it might be worth the money!
I will say, if you are worried about parabens and sulfates, this Neutrogena product is the way to go. It was actually what attracted me to this product in the first place!
However, I didn't feel like this product was cleaning my skin at all. I started to break out about a week after using it, and it stung my eyes. I was highly disappointed with this "gentle" product being able to sting my eyes and break me out.
You live and you learn.

on 1/29/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I always seen to have really dry flaky skin, even exfoliating doesn't help. This product is amazing, it made my dry skin really soft and didn't irritate it. I use it after removing my makeup. I highly recommend for those with dry and sensitive skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've purchased and repurchased this many, many times. I have dry skin, and I like to avoid putting fragrance on it whenever possible. This is a great cleanser.

Pros:

- Fragrance-free!
- Despite being fragrance-free, it has no strong or discernible odour.
- Creamy, but light.
- Doesn't strip the skin of moisture. For me with my dry skin, this is a huge plus.
- Cleanses gently, and well, without giving skin a tight or "squeaky clean" feeling.
- Hygienic packaging.
- Non-greasy.
- Very affordable! (Ranges between $7-$11 CAD, depending where you shop.)

Cons:

- I only wish they manufactured it in a larger bottle! The current containers are a little on the small side, but for the price, I don't care so much.