October 21, 2014 | 2071 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Extra Gentle Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by periwinkle92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff has been a Godsend to me this winter. I developed dry itchy patches on my forehead and cheeks this due to the extreme weather and I guess just changes in my skin. It was so ridiculously bad that I could wear ANY foundation because my skin just looked awful. I was on the search for good gentle cleanser and happened upon this one at my local Jewel Osco.

My skin didn't like it at first. It stung my patchy skin and I got a little discouraged by continued with it anyway. I paired it with Avon's Nurtura moisturizer and now my flakes and patches are under control. and no more stinging!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the Equate "dupe" of Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser on a regular basis. Every once and awhile I like to change it up and go for something to see if I can find a product my face likes better. The price was the first indicator that I probably wasn't going to get it again. My Equate face wash is much cheaper, but I figure if it is a superior product, it might be worth the money!
I will say, if you are worried about parabens and sulfates, this Neutrogena product is the way to go. It was actually what attracted me to this product in the first place!
However, I didn't feel like this product was cleaning my skin at all. I started to break out about a week after using it, and it stung my eyes. I was highly disappointed with this "gentle" product being able to sting my eyes and break me out.
You live and you learn.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by SnowQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always seen to have really dry flaky skin, even exfoliating doesn't help. This product is amazing, it made my dry skin really soft and didn't irritate it. I use it after removing my makeup. I highly recommend for those with dry and sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by emandemsinalamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've purchased and repurchased this many, many times. I have dry skin, and I like to avoid putting fragrance on it whenever possible. This is a great cleanser.

Pros:

- Fragrance-free!
- Despite being fragrance-free, it has no strong or discernible odour.
- Creamy, but light.
- Doesn't strip the skin of moisture. For me with my dry skin, this is a huge plus.
- Cleanses gently, and well, without giving skin a tight or "squeaky clean" feeling.
- Hygienic packaging.
- Non-greasy.
- Very affordable! (Ranges between $7-$11 CAD, depending where you shop.)

Cons:

- I only wish they manufactured it in a larger bottle! The current containers are a little on the small side, but for the price, I don't care so much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been a Master Esthetician for 15 years that has dry, sensitive skin. I recommend reading my reviews for Cetaphil, and CeraVe. Neutrogena is the only drug store brand left I would recommend. My comments for this are the same, and anytime anyone (especially sensitive skin) switches facial products or makeup, you're skin might break out, that's normal, it will go away. I never do even a hour long facial before a wedding, or special occasion for that reason alone. If for some reason it doesn't work for you, you're not out a lot of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by aliciasuzanne

My face recently got really dried out after spending a night at a football game in extreme cold and wind. My normal cleanser was drier my skin out, so I switched to this. I absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is about as gentle as baby shampoo and great for my combination oily/dry skin type. I'm prone to chronic breakouts on a daily basis but I'm able to keep my skin clear so long as I keep the right regimen. Most cleansers either leave my skin too dry or with too much buildup left behind but this one is well balanced, cleansing, and non drying. So far it's been working very well in the dry cold fall and winter weather. Just lather and rinse twice for best result.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by winghearted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this cleanser. It's like a sort of cleansing milk. It's pretty good for either just cleaning your face or to remove makeup. It is super gentle on the skin, which I like - it doesn't leave it feeling tight or dry. There is a slight fragrance but nothing overpowering, it just smells soft and clean. I like it, I'll repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by NATBEAUT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am puzzled by so many reviewers stating that they can't remove their makeup with this product. Are you using very tough makeup that is hard to remove? Makeup that is difficult to remove aren't good for your skin in the first place , it is better to avoid them.

I just bought this cleanser and have used it twice to remove makeup. I am using a seperate eye and lip makeup remover but having tried out this cleanser, I'm sure it removes eye and lip makeup as easily too, just I prefer using a cotton with makeup remover to get every bit of mascara off my lashes.
My skin became dry and sensitive over the years due to living in cold and dry weather conditions and also, I believe, due to my age. I suppose skin gets drier and more sensitive as we age.

I use a powder foundation layered over a liquid one for better coverage and this cleanser removed every single trace. It is very liquidy so I use it on dry face, I'm using two pumps, massage in thoroughly to dissolve makeup, wet hands, massage again lightly to emulsify the cleanser. I use a gentle cloth designed for facial use to gently wipe off all and I can see all the makeup on the cloth and none on my face. My skin looks and feels clean and purified of all makeup and gunk. Then rinse with alot of lukewarm water. My skin is used to double cleansing so i take bit more of this cleanser and massage it on my wet face and then rinse it off. After cleansing my skin is soft and smooth and feels so comfortable and soothed. This cleanser is truly extra gentle for me.
I give this product 6 lippies for being such a remarkable yet humble product in the crazily oversaturated beauty market, for being so gentle and yet so hardworking, plus affordable so I don't feel guilty using it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser really can't be beat for my purposes. It's super cheap, non-irritating, non-foaming, and leaves skin clean but lightly moisturized. I have sensitive skin, so I avoid cleansers with sulfates (I react to them) and foaming agents (they tend to dry out or irritate my skin). My skin is also dry, so I also don't want my skin to be squeaky clean after cleansing - I just want it clean. The fact that you can find this product easily and it only costs about $8 only makes it better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No