April 23, 2014 | 900 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I compared this eyelash primer to Merle Norman and Cllinique won hands down. It goes on quickly and easily and really makes my mascara stand out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by iluvmesomemakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the bomb. It's the best primer I've used so far, my lashes are mega-long. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by infam0us

I can't believe that this product hasn't gotten a higher score. This is single handedly the best eyelash primer i've ever used. Its like literally having false lashes in a tube. It seperates, thickens and extends my lashes. It makes my lashes so long, that the tip of them touch my eyebrows. I always apply it whenever I'm wearing make up. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by kyrabeee

This is the best primer I've had so far. It really separates my lashes!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by sshelton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is not bad, but you are paying for the name more than the product! A better option and way more product BUT it is less easy to use is the Sephora lash primer - buy it when it's on sale for $5 is the way to go. You probably get 3x the product in the Sephora, but it is really messy to use, requires a lot of cleaning up the brush before you apply and while it looks really clumpy when you apply it, for whatever reason it doesn't translate into lots of clumps when you apply your mascara over it (of course unless your mascara tends to clump anyway).
Back to the clinicque review - if I were out of primer and had to pay full price silly me would pay full price for the clinique over the sephora (I don't know why I actually like the Sephora one better....I think it is just the fact that sephora puts it on sale frequently and the thought of paying $12-15 for the sephora brand when I know I can wait and get it cheaper...LOL Anyway I've never seen the clinique one on sale so the next time you are going to buy the clinique one and have access to sephora products, check it out and see if it's on sale. If not buy the clinique, but I really recommend you give the sephora a chance.

One thing I really love about any eye lash primer is it seems to make it easier to clean your mascara off. I do like using the clinique primer with the clinique mascara's too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by doobs

This stuff is amazing!! A friend recommended I try a primer a few months back - have to admit, I couldn't really see the point!! Adding abother few minutes to my makeup routine was not an appealing option!! However I recently treated myself to a Shu Uemeru curler (amazing btw), and given this primer was only 11 decided to indulge!! Wow - what a difference - cannot recommend enough!! Your lashes literally grow before your eyes!! A quick slap of any average mascara and you have long beautiful lashes!!! I've now realised its all about the curler and primer - not the mascara!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

At first it took me a while to figure out how to apply this correctly. I now know to put on a generous coat of this, give it a couple of minutes to dry (but it doesn't need to be completely dry), and then curl with my Shiseido eyelash curler (better than the Shu Uemura in my opinion) and put on a coat of mascara. It has been really great for my lashes. I used to use the Shu Uemura lash conditioner but now it's a pain to get that brand's products. This eyelash primer probably works even better, as it helps the curl, length, and volume of my lashes, which are stick-straight and stubby on their own. The best part is keeping the curl up, even with the humidity in my area right now.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by ladyjessica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Product doesn't go on all that well, its very dry and clumps up on the lashes also it didn't keep my mascara on, it still smugged under my eyes. Since it was all I could find where I lived I bought it until I ran out and all I had was a primer that came on a revlon mascara. I love the primer on it and use it under my mascara, I just wish it came on its on without the black mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by elleglam

My mom gave this to me along with a bunch of makeup, and for me this is the best! Before i never thought that mascara primer exists! Lol and ever since i treid this i cant get enough of it! It makes any mascara beautiful making my lashes long and volumize! I dont know why most girls here gave it such a low rating but for me this is a must have! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by vane61126

I am always on the lookout for that perfect primer to give me that long and voluminous false eye lash look. Unfortunately, this lash primer does not work for me. It is too dry and clumpy. For fifteen dollars I expected more quality and quantity.