The Body Shop Vitamin C Protective Daywear Moisturizer SPF 15

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Octyl Salicylate (Sunscreen), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emulsifier), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Phenyl Trimethicone (Emollient/Hair Conditioner), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone) (Sunscreen), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Cetyl Dimethicone (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Potassium Cetyl Phosphate (Surfactant/Emulsifying Agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (Hair Conditioning Agent/Skin Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sesamum indicum (Sesame Oil) (Emollient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Antioxidant; Skin-Conditioning Agent), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Cetyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Carbomer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Behenyl Alcohol (Emollient), Methylparaben (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citrus dulcis (Orange Oil) (Fragrance Component), Citrus grandis (Grapefruit Oil) (Essential Oil), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative).

on 6/5/2006 11:06:00 PM

Another BS rip-off--I bought this when it first came out in a LARGE bottle--liked the smell and sunscreen, but that's about all.This year it's back, but in a tiny tube half the size-- for the same price! No way I'd get it now.

on 4/6/2006 10:50:00 PM

I normally like skin care stuff from the Body Shop, and I'd been using this moisturizer for a couple of months before writing this, but I'm pretty much done with it and I still have half a tube left. I had pretty normal skin but it got all wonky after using this. The citrus smell is nice, but the moisturizer is greasy and heavy and it doesn't even absorb on the skin. It broke me out on my forehead and other parts of my face, made the skin on my nose flaky, and it beaded under my foundation. I'm now using Cetaphil.

on 2/11/2006 6:01:00 PM

This moisturizer is more expensive as compared to Vitamin E. But it is oily, and difficult to apply it evenly on my skin. Won't buy it again.

on 1/11/2006 6:49:00 AM

I've used this moisturiser for more than 6 months and there's still some in the tube which may last another 2 months. Price is reasonable. I have normal to dry (drier these days), no breakouts, no pimples. I used this in the morning only. Not greasy, not sticky, absorve easily. However, I dun feel nothing about the vit C in this. No changes none whatsoever on my skin. I'm 27, few fine lines around the eyes. May not buy again since I bought 2 last time, may rethink about it in about a year time.

on 4/30/2005 11:34:00 AM

I bought this mostly for the sunscreen and vit C combo. I use moisturizer sparingly, but it still seemed heavy. They're a little misleading about the products usage. Site says its for face and neck. It pretty much is a sunscreen, it has the consistency and smell of one. For the price, I could buy 3 times as much REAL suncreen. Would not buy again.

on 4/30/2004 2:22:00 PM

An excellent titanium dioxide based sunscreen, and the best orange smell around! Besides, you get a lot of product for little money. But itīs not for me: it didnīt moisturise enough my skin; it kind of sat there and shined, and it made me break out in the forehead (I never broke out before).

on 3/10/2004 1:54:00 AM

I loved the smell and the consistency of it. It seemed to absorb fast, but then it turned greasy and shiny right away. I liked that it made my skin look nice and dewy, but it made me break out. I have normal to combination skin (oily in the tzone), and this gave me a few bumps and some pimples.

on 1/31/2004 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This lotion goes on nice and light ( a little goes a long way) and really moisturizes my face, making it feel super-soft and smooth. I like the fact that I don't have to put on an extra sunscreen, too. However, I took one lippie off for the strong Orange Juice smell that this stuff has (really clears up the sinuses!)

Popular Moisturizers