Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, so, yes, they're oily but honestly I don't really care because I wash my face after removing my eye makeup. What I do care about is using something that breaks down my waterproof mascara quickly, completely and inexpensively which this product does quite well. If I'm wearing a lot of dark makeup on my eyes I'll use two but one usually does the trick. It doesn't irritate my eyes or make my lashes fall out either which has been a problem with some other removers I've tried. Really this product only has two drawbacks. The first being that it does leave your eyes a little more oily than other removers. The second being the packaging. If this container gets turned over even once, and even with the seal on, somehow that oily product manages to find it's way out and onto the outside of the container which is a bit annoying. I can't just toss this in a drawer. I have to make sure it's sitting upright if I don't want a slick mess on my hands.

This eye makeup remover gets off everything, but is super greasy! But I will continue to buy it despite that because it is so good! It is just not my favorite.

So greasy! It didn't remove very well, and stung my eyes pretty bad. I had to wipe pretty hard to get anything off, and the pad is super rough feeling, so it hurt the skin around my eyes. Then it leaves a lot of residue that requires a whole separate cleanser to get off.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff did not remove my eye makeup. It did, however make me think I was going blind. So greasy, and made my eyes cloudy. Boo!!!

They didn't remove my mascara or eyeliner, even after using several pads in one session. The reason for 2 stars is the scent was neutral and I did like the consistency of the botanical solution. Bottom line, they could work if you just need to remove your face makeup. For eye makeup, fInd something else.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not a huge fan. I didn't mind having to wipe the oily residue off of my eyelids (After all, I DID purchase an oil-based eye makeup remover), but I hated how many pads it took to actually get my eye makeup off. I use minimal non-waterproof eye product--some mascara, some eyeliner, and that's it. I had to resort to my regular face wipes to finish taking off all of the product. Will purchase another product in the future.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

A couple of years ago, my mom asked me to pick up some makeup remover wipes for her. I had never used any type of wipe before, so I had no clue what to buy. I bought these because they were reasonably priced. I have had good luck with Almay products in this past, so I thought this would be a good buy right? WRONG! These pads are terrible! My mom and I both tried them and neither one of us liked them.

There are a few reasons not to like or use these makeup remover pads.

First, they are really small and really dry in my opinion. Using these pads makes your eyelids and lashes feel like an oil slick. Even worse, they make you vision blurry for a few minutes. The first time this happened to me, it kind of scared me and freaked me out. My mom said that the same thing happened to her. It only lasts a a few minutes, but still. You really have to scrub to get your makeup off, and even then, it doesn't remove it completely.

Second, this product has a really funky scent to it. It is not pleasant at all.

I used these pads for a few days until I had time to get to the store to pick up something else. I have found another makeup remover wipes that are about 5x the size and work much better. I will not be purchasing these again any time soon.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I don't like these makeup removing pads at all! I had tried the oil-free version of these pads last year which I really loved but thought I'd try these ones instead because I do have sensitive and dry eyes. Of course what never occurred to me was that these would have an oil based formula which I already hate enough putting on my eyes but these were super oily and I could wipe off a residue with my fingers after having used these on my eyes and because it was so oily, it made me vision go wonky for a minute or two until I then removed the makeup remover so using these pads added in a second step to my routine- not only did I have to remove my eye makeup but now I had to remove the eye makeup remover *sigh*. I found that it also took a bit of rubbing to get off my mascara which I really don't like to do to such a sensitive area. I gave this 2 lippies instead of one because the pads are really well saturated which is amazing since that is hard to come by and they aren't bulky, just the perfect size.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

These are the oil-based makeup remover pads. They use oil to remove makeup. So they are going to be oily, and they are going to leave an oily residue on your face that you should either wipe off with a convenient cloth/towel, or use an actual facial cleanser on, afterward.

That being said these things work great. They take off all of my eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, and eye gook with a couple quick swipes. Waterproof eyeliner? No problem. Cream, powder, or gel eyeshadow, with primer? See ya. Any of several mascaras I've tried lately? No raccoon the next morning. No matter how smokey the eye, no matter how it says it might stain, this product makes everything disappear.

I would not recommend these for fixing mistakes or touching up - use a q-tip and a liquid remover for those or you'll smear your work. I wouldn't use them if you plan on reapplying something else right afterward, either, because you probably won't manage to wipe away all of the residue. At the end of the day, when you're really done wearing makeup, use these, wipe the oil off, and wake up with soft, moisturised eyelids to do it all over again.

I am so confused as to why this product has such bad ratings! I love it! my makeup comes right off and it helps to moisturize my eyelids which are usually pretty dry. I will definitely repurchase.