April 16, 2014 | 1627 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - High Impact Duo in Like Mink

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by shannondarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift & it ended up sitting in my makeup drawer for a while...one day I pulled it out, tried it, & loved it! This is my every day shadow. I used the lighter color all over the lid & the brown in the crease. It lasts all day, even without a primer or base.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by LushieLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE the champagne color in this! Its my everyday inner corner color! its the only color i have that i have hit significant pan on. I got this as a GWP, and the packaging is different. the dark brown and beige are the same size. The product is great. I love it. I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by amandakoran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

LOOOVEE!!! I find it amazing how pigmented this eyeshadow is. I like the duo since the colors are very neutral. I use it almost everyday to school. I also use this sometimes for night-outs. I just use a darker bronze on the outer V, and sometimes I used a matte black to balance out the shimmer.. and its just gorgeous! I love the versatility of the product. It comes in the typical Clinique packaging which is nice too. I uploaded a pic to this page. The color you see, is the color you get. <3

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by chickadee88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! The champagne color is one of my favorite colors of all like and looks natural for everyday use and the dark brown with it is a great creas color. The only downside to this is that without a primer it creases really quickly, like noon quickly which is hated until i discovered primer power. Besides that I Love these colors, especially the champagne one, looks great on my fair skin not yellow-y at all and when run out will so repurchace.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by lilyofavalon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this in a GWP. Both of the colors are rich and smooth. While I love the lighter shade as a neutral color to wear every day, the darker shade is awkward. It's not light enough to blend with the first color, but too light to define your eyes. Perhaps it would look better in a smokey effect on someone with lighter coloring. It just does not complement my Asian complexion as much. Moreover, both of these shades are fairly shimmery - the darker color has discernible flecks of shimmer. Not exactly subtle, but then again, this line is called "High Impact." A good product overall, though.

UPDATE: I really like clinique's new formulas of eye shadows. While this duo is good, so is the Color Surge in Velvet and Soft Shimmer. Super Shimmer tends to flake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by i2ismartazzi2i

I got this with gift with purchase deal. So I assume I am using the sample one. Man the sample is huge. I have had this duo for so long I don't even remember. I FINALLY hit pan. At first these shadows didn't really like impressed me. It wasn't that memorable. But I found out that I constantly go to it for an everyday neutral look. It is really quick and really simple and you can't fail with this. It is great for school and on days when you want to look natural and not a lot of makeup on. However I do use it sometimes for a smokey eye because the brown is very build able. The champagne color is gorgeous. It is great on the lid, as a highlight, etc. I highly recommend this duo.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by jsATC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive eyes and lots of allergies so I wanted to try out Clinique's eyeshadows. I figured I'd start with a neutral and then if I liked it, I'd build on the stash from there. The sales clerk suggested "Like Mink" because it's their most popular duo.

I am not impressed. Looking at it in the package, I figured it would be a nice shimmery champagne base color and the brown is such a nice rich, deep, coppery shimmery brown.

They completely disappear on my eyelids. The pigment isn't strong enough. It doesn't even look like I'm wearing eyeshadow. I really have to layer on the brown to get any effect at all, and the shimmer just does not show once it's applied. I've noticed creasing after an hour or two, and a few hours later, it's totally gone.

For this price, I'd expect better. I'm so disappointed I spent money on this. At least I know not to waste any more money on any of the other Clinique shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by iluvclinique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this! It's a very basic duo but nonetheless I can't stop reaching for it. The colors included are a very shimmery champagne color and a shimmery chocolate brown with gold sparkles. These shades go so well together and give a natural look but with a fun shimmery twist. Perfect for school!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

While the colors are neutral and perfect for everyday look, i really hate the texture of these powder e/s. It's not silky at all. It's very firm, especially the dark brown shade. It applies very blotchy. The light shade, on the other hand, is very silky and soft. The textures are complete opposite. I do love the colors. I just don't like how the dark shade is too stiff and chalky.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this duo. The colors match and blend so perfectly. It's a perfect look for the day time for school, work, ect. It's a little to shimmery for me, but I love it anyways. Price is decent too.