Clinique High Impact Duo in Like Mink

4.2

on 1/4/2011 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely adore the colour of this eyeshadow duo, plus they're beautiful colours to be worn alone or blended together.
The texture of the shadow it soft silky, and it sticks to the skin.
With some vaseline underneath it stays on fo the entire day with little to no fallout.
It's 2 colours that could work with almost any skintone.

on 11/8/2010 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not a huge fan of neutrals, but when my aunty gave me a gift set from Clinique for Christmas (which had a mini version of this duo) and I put it on for the first time, I fell in love. I couldn't wear it during school, so I'd wear it any other chance I got to.
I used it all up, and have purchased the full size one, which was a bit pricey ($40AUD) but I had to have it! Its my favourite set of neutrals that are perfect for an every day 'office' look, a lazy weekend look, or really, for anything.
Really do recommend, and would buy it again!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I got this as a gift & it ended up sitting in my makeup drawer for a while...one day I pulled it out, tried it, & loved it! This is my every day shadow. I used the lighter color all over the lid & the brown in the crease. It lasts all day, even without a primer or base.

on 8/2/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE the champagne color in this! Its my everyday inner corner color! its the only color i have that i have hit significant pan on. I got this as a GWP, and the packaging is different. the dark brown and beige are the same size. The product is great. I love it. I will repurchase!

on 4/1/2010 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

LOOOVEE!!! I find it amazing how pigmented this eyeshadow is. I like the duo since the colors are very neutral. I use it almost everyday to school. I also use this sometimes for night-outs. I just use a darker bronze on the outer V, and sometimes I used a matte black to balance out the shimmer.. and its just gorgeous! I love the versatility of the product. It comes in the typical Clinique packaging which is nice too. I uploaded a pic to this page. The color you see, is the color you get. <3

on 3/25/2010 2:54:00 PM

I love this product! The champagne color is one of my favorite colors of all like and looks natural for everyday use and the dark brown with it is a great creas color. The only downside to this is that without a primer it creases really quickly, like noon quickly which is hated until i discovered primer power. Besides that I Love these colors, especially the champagne one, looks great on my fair skin not yellow-y at all and when run out will so repurchace.

on 3/24/2010 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this in a GWP. Both of the colors are rich and smooth. While I love the lighter shade as a neutral color to wear every day, the darker shade is awkward. It's not light enough to blend with the first color, but too light to define your eyes. Perhaps it would look better in a smokey effect on someone with lighter coloring. It just does not complement my Asian complexion as much. Moreover, both of these shades are fairly shimmery - the darker color has discernible flecks of shimmer. Not exactly subtle, but then again, this line is called "High Impact." A good product overall, though.

UPDATE: I really like clinique's new formulas of eye shadows. While this duo is good, so is the Color Surge in Velvet and Soft Shimmer. Super Shimmer tends to flake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this with gift with purchase deal. So I assume I am using the sample one. Man the sample is huge. I have had this duo for so long I don't even remember. I FINALLY hit pan. At first these shadows didn't really like impressed me. It wasn't that memorable. But I found out that I constantly go to it for an everyday neutral look. It is really quick and really simple and you can't fail with this. It is great for school and on days when you want to look natural and not a lot of makeup on. However I do use it sometimes for a smokey eye because the brown is very build able. The champagne color is gorgeous. It is great on the lid, as a highlight, etc. I highly recommend this duo.

on 11/21/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have sensitive eyes and lots of allergies so I wanted to try out Clinique's eyeshadows. I figured I'd start with a neutral and then if I liked it, I'd build on the stash from there. The sales clerk suggested "Like Mink" because it's their most popular duo.

I am not impressed. Looking at it in the package, I figured it would be a nice shimmery champagne base color and the brown is such a nice rich, deep, coppery shimmery brown.

They completely disappear on my eyelids. The pigment isn't strong enough. It doesn't even look like I'm wearing eyeshadow. I really have to layer on the brown to get any effect at all, and the shimmer just does not show once it's applied. I've noticed creasing after an hour or two, and a few hours later, it's totally gone.

For this price, I'd expect better. I'm so disappointed I spent money on this. At least I know not to waste any more money on any of the other Clinique shadows.

on 10/30/2009 11:22:00 PM

I LOVE this! It's a very basic duo but nonetheless I can't stop reaching for it. The colors included are a very shimmery champagne color and a shimmery chocolate brown with gold sparkles. These shades go so well together and give a natural look but with a fun shimmery twist. Perfect for school!