MAC Lustre Capricious

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for a good fall/winter lipstick color and this one caught my eye. It's not as intense as many other typical dark berry colors that are popular in the colder months. I would describe it as a just bitten look. Like a your lips but better berry tint. It's the perfect shade for this time of year, but it's also wearbale enough for any other time as well. This was my first lustre lipstick from mac and I really wasn't sure I'd like it. But I actually like the feel of it better than the creamsheen formula. It's not quite as thick and pretty moisturizing. The staying power isn't great, but I wasn't expecting it to be. Overall, great lipstick. I think anyone could pull off this shade.

Bought this after much research on Regina's lipstick in Once Upon a Time. I wear it with mac lipliner in plum, like she does, and it is perfect together. LOVE for winter time <3

I love this color. I have very pale lips and this is just a perfect color to make them pop but also to be very nice and soft. It is very builtable which I adore so it fit any occasion! Great buy! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been looking for a mlbb colour for ages. For referance I am NC10-15, blue eyes, black hair. I can look washed out quite easily. My lips are very pigmented and pink so I need something relatively dark but still natural looking. I have tried all sorts, NARS dolce vita lip pencil was the most natural looking, but the texture was uneven on my lips. I have since found I look better with a natural shade that tends toward plummy. I used to use Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain in Midnight which really made my eye colour pop, but it dried not only my lips but the product dried out quite easily also. MAC's Capricious is very similar to this colour, but a little lighter which I prefer. And as it is a lipstick it wears off easier. It's a lustre finish so it does have a shine to it. However, this is is a good mlbb colour for me, I just wish it had a little less brown and more pink, however that is no big deal.
My sister who is about NC40 and her friend who is about NC45 both tried on this lipstick and looked great in it. They are both going to buy it!
In the film Black Swan with Natalie Portman, if you look up the poster with her face cracked like a painting, the colour on her lips is almost exactly what it is on mine...(http://www.impawards.com/2010/black_swan_ver7_xlg.html)
Whilst at MAC, I tried on COSMO also, which was a mlbb colour, but I found it a little too pink for my lips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wow.. If I give a MAC lippie a 2, ya know I really don't like it! It's the formula really, I HATE Lustres! Too sheer, bleed in lip lines, last maybe 30 minutes, fade splotchy - UGH!!!!!!!!!!

I love the color of Capricious though, and I've found a DUPE in a MUCH nicer formula!!!!

Maybelline Perfect Plum... look up my review of it on here and you'll see why! :D Sometimes I layer Capricious OVER Perfect Plum for a glossy effect.

NC15/NW20

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing color which i read after reading a review on this site. Im an NC 42 and it really suits for my skin color. Its perfect for everyday use. One of the best MAC colors after amorous. :-).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Capricious is a sheer plummy lipstick that looks pretty if applied with one or two swipes, especially on olive skin, but can look a bit vampy if heavily applied. If you'd like to cover pigmented lips, try applying lip liner and/or a dab of concealer before applying this lipstick.

I went to MAC other day with empties, intending to try one of the shades that's really popular here, like Sophisto. Instead, this shade jumped off the display at me. I love the feel of the Lustre formula, so I thought I'd try it. It doesn't look that promising in the tube; just sort of a brick-y red, or maybe a plum. I have a number of plum lipsticks, and reds don't tend to look good on me, so I wasn't sure. But it's GORGEOUS. It's like a plum, pumped up with a hit of rosy pink... but not TOO pink. It's a perfect shade when I want a pop of colour but don't want the daylong maintenance of a really deep/bright shade. Because of the formula, it wears as worry-free as a MLBB gloss -- but looks a lot more interesting.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I usually stick to my lips but better shades and surprisingly, I really like this. It's a touch of berry mixed with mauve without being too dark, purple, or bright. It brightens up my NC40-42 complexion without being in your face. I definitely recommend it for gals who are around my skintone. I am not fond of the lustre finishes because they do not last long and they are drying for me so I took off a point.

LOVE this product! I am not a lipstick person. Never have been. But I was stuck at Heathrow one day and got browsing in the duty free shops. The color is perfect for me and in fact, people actually comment on how perfect it is. The only complaint I have is it doesn't stay on long and I have to reapply quite frequently.

Recommended for Medium Skin