MAC Lustre Capricious

4.2

on 5/14/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wow.. If I give a MAC lippie a 2, ya know I really don't like it! It's the formula really, I HATE Lustres! Too sheer, bleed in lip lines, last maybe 30 minutes, fade splotchy - UGH!!!!!!!!!!

I love the color of Capricious though, and I've found a DUPE in a MUCH nicer formula!!!!

Maybelline Perfect Plum... look up my review of it on here and you'll see why! :D Sometimes I layer Capricious OVER Perfect Plum for a glossy effect.

NC15/NW20

on 2/1/2013 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing color which i read after reading a review on this site. Im an NC 42 and it really suits for my skin color. Its perfect for everyday use. One of the best MAC colors after amorous. :-).

on 12/29/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Capricious is a sheer plummy lipstick that looks pretty if applied with one or two swipes, especially on olive skin, but can look a bit vampy if heavily applied. If you'd like to cover pigmented lips, try applying lip liner and/or a dab of concealer before applying this lipstick.

on 10/20/2012 3:38:00 PM

I went to MAC other day with empties, intending to try one of the shades that's really popular here, like Sophisto. Instead, this shade jumped off the display at me. I love the feel of the Lustre formula, so I thought I'd try it. It doesn't look that promising in the tube; just sort of a brick-y red, or maybe a plum. I have a number of plum lipsticks, and reds don't tend to look good on me, so I wasn't sure. But it's GORGEOUS. It's like a plum, pumped up with a hit of rosy pink... but not TOO pink. It's a perfect shade when I want a pop of colour but don't want the daylong maintenance of a really deep/bright shade. Because of the formula, it wears as worry-free as a MLBB gloss -- but looks a lot more interesting.

on 8/29/2012 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I usually stick to my lips but better shades and surprisingly, I really like this. It's a touch of berry mixed with mauve without being too dark, purple, or bright. It brightens up my NC40-42 complexion without being in your face. I definitely recommend it for gals who are around my skintone. I am not fond of the lustre finishes because they do not last long and they are drying for me so I took off a point.

on 4/12/2012 10:58:00 PM

LOVE this product! I am not a lipstick person. Never have been. But I was stuck at Heathrow one day and got browsing in the duty free shops. The color is perfect for me and in fact, people actually comment on how perfect it is. The only complaint I have is it doesn't stay on long and I have to reapply quite frequently.

on 2/26/2012 12:08:00 AM

Capricious is a pretty almost true plum shade, but would be soo much better in Satin formula b/c in Lustre it has like no staying power on me for some reason. But if you like a more glossy lippie this may be for you and FYI this lippie goes really well with MAC Half Red lip liner (my HG lipliner of all time :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was given MAC Capricious by my mom who is a huge lipstick collector. My mom has completely different coloring than me (she has very fair skin with pink undertones while I am medium colored with deep yellow undertones), so I put it off to the side where I stash the other lipsticks she's given me thinking it wouldn't suit me. I'm not sure what provoked me to try it, but I tossed it one day into my bag a few months ago and threw it on just before a meeting to make myself a bit more presentable. I'm not usually into sheer plums because my lips are quite pigmented and that color doesn't always show up well or suit my skintone, but this is a lovely, everyday work-appropriate shade that I'll continue to keep in my purse.

on 1/5/2012 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Mac products are way pricier in Europe than US, so my American friend picked this lipstick for me when she went back home for Christmas. Now I have been using this lipstick from the last 3 days only, I like it, but I don't really love it. The finish is great, very moisturising. On my NC40 skin the color looks like a lighter shade of plum, I am sure for extra effect I can build it up. But I am sure you can buy a similar lipstick in cheaper brands.

on 1/4/2012 5:03:00 PM

I love this color - in general I don't repeatedly buy any product unless it's totally basic, like mascara, concealer or powder - I love to try new colors! This color, oddly enough, I didn't pick out. I was turning in 6 Mac items for my free lipstick and asked for a color I could put on without a mirror that was good for work. This is what the Mac person immediately grabbed, and I must say, they know their stuff! This is the perfect shade for me - a great, natural berry shade that feels good, lasts pretty well (4ish hours) and doesn't require any special skills (i.e., lip liner, mirror, constant monitoring of lipstick on teeth). I think if there were ANY lipstick shade that I would buy again, it would absolutely be this one.

Popular Lipsticks