April 20, 2014 | 983 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Capricious

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by mltussing

LOVE this product! I am not a lipstick person. Never have been. But I was stuck at Heathrow one day and got browsing in the duty free shops. The color is perfect for me and in fact, people actually comment on how perfect it is. The only complaint I have is it doesn't stay on long and I have to reapply quite frequently.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Capricious is a pretty almost true plum shade, but would be soo much better in Satin formula b/c in Lustre it has like no staying power on me for some reason. But if you like a more glossy lippie this may be for you and FYI this lippie goes really well with MAC Half Red lip liner (my HG lipliner of all time :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by nicedreams000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was given MAC Capricious by my mom who is a huge lipstick collector. My mom has completely different coloring than me (she has very fair skin with pink undertones while I am medium colored with deep yellow undertones), so I put it off to the side where I stash the other lipsticks she's given me thinking it wouldn't suit me. I'm not sure what provoked me to try it, but I tossed it one day into my bag a few months ago and threw it on just before a meeting to make myself a bit more presentable. I'm not usually into sheer plums because my lips are quite pigmented and that color doesn't always show up well or suit my skintone, but this is a lovely, everyday work-appropriate shade that I'll continue to keep in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by damsel19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Mac products are way pricier in Europe than US, so my American friend picked this lipstick for me when she went back home for Christmas. Now I have been using this lipstick from the last 3 days only, I like it, but I don't really love it. The finish is great, very moisturising. On my NC40 skin the color looks like a lighter shade of plum, I am sure for extra effect I can build it up. But I am sure you can buy a similar lipstick in cheaper brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color - in general I don't repeatedly buy any product unless it's totally basic, like mascara, concealer or powder - I love to try new colors! This color, oddly enough, I didn't pick out. I was turning in 6 Mac items for my free lipstick and asked for a color I could put on without a mirror that was good for work. This is what the Mac person immediately grabbed, and I must say, they know their stuff! This is the perfect shade for me - a great, natural berry shade that feels good, lasts pretty well (4ish hours) and doesn't require any special skills (i.e., lip liner, mirror, constant monitoring of lipstick on teeth). I think if there were ANY lipstick shade that I would buy again, it would absolutely be this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by madaba

I resisted buying MAC products for so long... But finally I decided that I needed to buy a proper lipstick for a night out and thought that they'd give the best advice on colours, etc. So after trying a couple of neutral shades, the girl showed me this one and I bought it. The good thing is that it goes on very lightly and apart from the colour, is almost imperceptible on my lips -- none of that creamy/sticky/smelly lipstick business. After a few years of wearing glosses from time to time, I thought it was time for a change. I doubt if I will feel comfortable wearing this during the day, but at least I won't feel like a teenager applying a sparkly Juicy Tubes lipgloss for a night out on the town.

Anyway -- not a very useful review, perhaps, but make this your takeaway: a sheer, pretty colour, not too drying, adds an even layer of non-shiny berry tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by dcappelut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My new favorite lipstick from MAC!
This is the first plum colored lipstick I`ve ever bought and I absolutely adore it.
I normally stick to nudes and soft pinks, only when I feel bold do I use fuchsias and reds. I`ve been looking for the perfect fall lipstick that is bold but wearable during the day without looking too overdone and capricious is just that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wear this one often. It's slightly darker than my lips, an understated mauve/berry color that looks natural with my complexion (very pale, on the cool side of neutral). The formula is good for everyday wear: moisturizing and not too pigmented, though you can get a darker, more mauve shade with several coats. I took off a lippie because the formula is not long-lasting at all, and I find myself reapplying it throughout the day. Still, I'm willing to put up with that inconvenience for the sake of the beautiful color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by complexsimplicity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

i normally wears neutrals, berries and reds and was looking to add a pink lipstick to my collection. capricious caught my eye early on in my search, but i tried several others including plumful, lustering, syrup and sweetie. i will likely go back for sweetie. i chose capricious because it is incredibly flattering to my brown skin. it opens my face up. the color is a pink with plum in it on me. it has a subtle kick and doesn't scream "look i'm wearing pink lipstick!" which was my fear. if you're a brown skinned african american woman looking for a pink color,check out capricious. i will definitely repurchase. almost want to stock up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I agree with the sentiments below, this is the perfect MLBB shade for NARS Tahoe/NC43-45ish ladies such as myself. Capricious has a pink/brown tone which upon application is more like a subtle sheen than the super-shininess of a gloss. This is my go-to shade for if I don't want to wear much makeup/am running out the door and don't have time for a full face.