Make Up For Ever Corrective Makeup Base

3.7

on 12/26/2007 3:44:00 AM

*MAC NW15 or less/ MUFE Mat Velvet+ 15/ PPP*

This review is for the Blue shade, Corrector 05. I followed the recommendation on color choice from MUFE's page on the Sephora web site.

I wanted a primer that would both provide a bit of SPF, tone down my redness yet not make my fair skin look muddy. this product accomplishes all three needs.

I apply it approximately 5 minutes after moisturizing so it will spread well. I start with a tiny dab on my fingers and blend from the center of my face, where it is reddest, out. I can layer it over the reddest areas to camouflage extra redness.

After I use this corrector, I use an MUFE liquid foundation. I do not find it difficult to spread or mask-like in texture, as other reviewers have.

I will re-buy this product as long as there are no more affordable dupes on the market. It costs $24USD per oz.

on 11/18/2007 9:28:00 PM

I love this primer in the green color. I have an overall red tone to areas of my face and this does a great job concealing it. It seems to last all day too. I haven't had any problems with it irritating my skin or looking visible. There is a slight scent to it, but it doesn't last long. Highly recommended!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in number one, green, to correct redness. Hate it with a passion on so many levels. 1st the smell is very unpleasant, 2nd it has a strange texture that spreads less like a primer and more like a clay mask, 3rd the green is so dark you can see it as a darkness or shadow on pale or fair skin, 4th I wore it for 30 minutes with no makeup over it and it made my face itch like a MF. I do not know what ingrediant I am allergic to in it but my face is beat red and stings after I washed it off and that was an hour ago. Sensitive skin beware! It still itches help help!

on 8/29/2007 1:34:00 AM

I usually mix this with something else - like some sort of moisturizer, b/c I find that otherwise, it doesn't go on as smoothly. I suspect this is due to the SPF ingredients. But no biggie! This allows me to use less of the product. I have it Neutral (0) and it imparts a great pick-me-up freshness!

Nothing will stop the oil on my face, so I'm thinking of trying Milk of Magnesia either before or after putting this base on. I've given up trying to find a base that does EVERYTHING I want it do: even-out skintone, prevent oil, diminish pores, inexpensive, ease the application of foundation. At least this product addresses most of those points!

EDIT: NOTHING ever breaks me out, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Maybe this base is not compatible with Vincent Longo foundation plus Shiseido SPF55... but anyhow, this went back!

I love thi stuff. I bought it in blue (#5). Originally, I was going to get neutral, but when I sampled them, the blue gave me a nice glow. I am a MAC NC 30, beige/neutral skin.

I like that it's more like a gel cream so it doesn't feek greasy like Smashbox and BE Primetime can. I works great, makes my makeup goon more smoothly and makes it last all day. The only small criticism I have is that you get a small amount of product due to the fact that you use more of it to cover your face than SM and BE. However, I will definitely repurchase.

on 6/17/2007 6:54:00 PM

I love these primers. There are several types to correct different skin issues. They are light and fluid and IMO go on best either on bare skin or on skin that has been moisturized with a NON SPF moisturizer. I have noticed that I get issues with the primer balling up if its used on top of a moisturizer with SPF but other than that, it never happens. I love mixing #3 (the white one) in with foundation to lighten it up...it gives it a great luminescence.

on 5/12/2007 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought the apricot primer and its soooo pretty! It makes my oily face glowing and oil-free....Its a miracle when paired with the MUFE matte-velvet foundation. I know that its sweat proof b/c I wore it in 90 degree weather and it held up great. My face looked flawless and poreless which is a first for this acne/oily girl! The primer dries down almost instantly so you have to work fast. You can almost just wear the primer without foundation, Its really that nice!

on 5/7/2007 11:47:00 AM

I bought this a few weeks ago and have been using it everyday. No breakouts at all and it does not feel heavy on my skin. It does give a nice glow (bought neutral) and I'm happy with the staying power it has given my LM TM. I like it better than LM but I cant say I would buy it again bc I think there are so many primers out there to try and as much as I liked this one I'm looking for a bit more "smoothing" power. Oveall its a very nice primer and I'm happy I purchased it...it really gives a nice glow.

on 3/4/2007 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

maybe I'm not being fair w/this product but I did give Smashbox primer a worse rating (to heavy). I just don't think my acne prone skin can tolerate this kind of stuff. I am gradually decreasing the amount of make up that I put on my face and in conjuction w/chemical peels - hoping that this helps w/my crazy break out. I am still looking for the HG of concealers...

on 12/8/2006 10:04:00 AM

I am really liking these makeupbases alot! I first starting usuing the neutral and I didnt break out once! I break out from everything so this was a relief! The neutral just makes me skin more even and does not leave me greasy. I then swapped for the purple one and this one make me face brighter and even. I prefer the neutral but switch back and forth because I do love them both.

Popular Primer/ Correctors