Physicians Formula Baked Collection wet/dry eye shadow

4.2

on 6/12/2009 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have this in baked oatmeal and i love it. love the lightest color for highlight and love the darkest color for outer "V" two of the 3 shadow "bubbles" broke though, but i didnt drop it =[ the colors are well pigmented and are easy to blend. i recommend this trio!

on 4/14/2009 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The colors are great, easy to blend dry. I am Asian w/ skin that sometimes is harder for colors to show up on. Stays on all day (and I'm a sweaty girl). I like how it's shimmery but not glittery. I'm a professional and i don't want to be looking like I'm going out clubbing at 10 a.m. Packaging IS a bit bulky, but since I don't need to reapply, I leave it at home! I'm going to buy a few other colors to round out my collection haha.

on 2/27/2009 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I owned this product and loved it for awhile... but now that I've tried it again and am more experienced in makeup, I've revised this review.

PROS: Great, soft neutral colors and contains a decent amount of shadow that lasts awhile. Slightly more shimmer than a matte, but not as OTT as the PF Shimmerstrips.

CONS: My only complaint is that the powder is a little hard (which isn't really a problem if use it as a wet shadow, but can be a little annoying if applied dry).

Overall, a nice basic product but not HG.

on 11/25/2008 8:32:00 PM

Shades: Baked smokes, Baked sands

I love these shades and the texture. Blends really well and is great for a natural look or glam/night look. The shadow stays on all day without wearing off. My only complaint would be that sometimes the product crumbles around the edges, but that's only happened a few times. Definitely recommend. I always get compliments and people asking me what I use!

on 8/14/2008 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I own Baked Oatmeal. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite eyeshadows. The darkest color is a chocolately golden brown, the medium is a silvery golden taupe, and the lightest is a pale golden beige. The powders are versatile and last for hours and hours. I have very pale skin, brown hair with auburn highlights, and brown eyes with gold tones. These colors bring out the best in my complexion.

on 7/16/2008 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Baked Oatmeal.
Dry - The powder feels almost scratchy on my skin. It is very sheer going on and it requires multiple layers. The 2 lighter colors read almost the same on my skin, an ashy white. It will stay put once you get everything in place, but I'm just not impressed.
Wet - This stuff is made to be used wet. The colors are much bolder and stay put. Especially the deep brown - which makes a beautiful liner.
I'm personally not a big fan of using my powder shadows wet, so I probably won't purchase anything else in this particular line. Still, as a wet shadow - great stuff.

on 6/14/2008 7:08:00 PM

I bought this three years ago when I was in New York, my shade is in Baked Sweets. I like the colours and when used wet you can wear them clubbing without worrying they'd smudge or worn off. I'm not a big fan of their packaging though, it's not very easy to carry in your cosmetic bag cuz it takes a lot of space. I'm a bit surprised I'm still keeping this one after moving around tons. Oh well, as one of my old memories of New York, I'd always keep this one.

on 5/28/2008 11:41:00 PM

i bought baked oatmeal and i don't apply it wet, so that's probably why i didn't achieve the complete pigmentation potential, but i still liked it. i felt like the shades complimented my brown eyes to a T, and the lighter shades are one my favorite highlighters to use on the brow bone. i could easily use any old white shadow to highlight, but the baked off white oatmeal shades are unique and very pretty. it actually makes you think they really were made from Italian tiles, as it says on the packaging. i love the shimmer in the eyeshadow and how all three shadows go perfectly with one another. i even use the darker brown shade to fill in my eyebrows. lol. by far, one of the best drugstore eyeshadows.

I have blown lots of $$ on super expensive shadows...and physicians formula is right up there.. the colors take the guess work out of blending shades, and stay on!! a must..and easy on ur pocket!

on 2/14/2008 9:43:00 PM

Shade: Baked Oatmeal
I decided to buy this after reading the reviews and thought I might as well try it. I just tested it not too long ago and I think it was fairly easy to apply. I didnt expect much pigment but that's alright because I wanted a netrual look. Also i tried doing a wet application on my hand and I didnt see much of a difference except that the overall finish was smoother. If I apply the medium colour with a HINTTTTTT of the darkest eyeshadow... it shows up better... which is more of a taupe color. Also I didnt take off the eyeshadow I had in the morning and I realized it complemented really nicely with it. My morning look was a neutral look with MAC bare canvas as my base, MAC e/s in sushi flower in my crease and a hint of highlight below the brow... so when i put oatmeal over it, it looked pretty nice and it had still went on natural. I like this and I think I will be buying Baked Smokes because the other shades were pretty much the same!