April 21, 2014 | 1398 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - 5th Avenue

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

My mother wears this, and scents like these, so since childhood I've linked it with everything lady-like and lovely, since these are her own qualities. The reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because the lasting power isn't that good. It is very uplifting, harmonious (by which I mean balanced), and fresh (without that aquatic/swimming pool quality that some "fresh" fragrances have)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Mandella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just browsed through most of the reviews and didn't see where anyone mentioned the reformulation of 5th Avenue. I wore this when it was first launched (96'?) and it was the kind of fragrance that stopped people in their tracks so they could ask what I was wearing. The last time I smelled this it was empty;devoid of the beautiful drydown that trailed for days.I'd love to smell the original.Perhaps I am mistaken.Maybe my olfactory factory has become snobbish.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by riree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume gave me a headache,smelt like a jasmine garland.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Jeanbean7777

I really think this is a pretty fragrance. It smells like lily of the valley and carnation on my skin. This is a non offensive event perfect for the office or any daytime activity. It could also be used at night but I think I prefer it during the day. If you like florals this is definately worth a try. Also there is a complete line of coordinating products at Elizabeth ardent like lotions, shower gels etc. I think this is perfect year round but especially summer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by galina6

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried this parfum at Marshalls and liked it so much I had to have it. Now I can't stop sniffing it on my shirt and thinking about all those bottles left in the store...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by mychan514

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it! It has very fresh, light floral and feminine smell. It smells good from the 1st spray, not need to wait for the perfume to settle. The only complaint is that it does not last long, but I don't mind to re-purchase it again. It will never go wrong to spray it for any occasions, day or night. Chic and classy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not one to choose just one perfume but rather keep a wardrobe of scents. 5th Avenue is a classic, luxurious fragrance, suitable for any occasion. It's light enough for daytime but feminine and alluring at night. It quietly invites someone to sniff appreciatively, and ask "What perfume is that? I love it!" The individual notes in this are extensive, but include pretty much all my favorites. Lilac, magnolia, bergamot, violet, jasmine, tuberose, peach, carnation, and an unexpected dash of nutmeg, with sandalwood, amber, iris and vanilla creating the base. Carnations are one of my very favorite flowers, with their intricate, spicy scent that originated in the Near East. This, combined with delicious nutmeg and vanilla balance the classic florals, and although Tibetan musk is also listed as a basenote, I couldn't detect its presence. This is a plus for me, as more would overpower many of the more quiet notes, such as the shy violet.

I find this perfume to be very feminine, graceful and well-mannered. I tend to avoid scents that practically scream their presence, but this one whispers of romance and candlelight. When my husband was deployed overseas, I spritzed every letter to him with 5th Avenue. It was like sending an intimate part of myself, as scent is well-documented to be a powerful memory trigger. I've worn this perfume for 12 years now, and while I add other scents to my wardrobe this one remains a staple.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by aidadham

I loveeeeeeeeeee this perfume. It started out very loud for me (was about to throw it away when I first smell it). But then, it settles into a very fresh, delicate smell that is so intoxicating (was burying my nose in my arm before writing this review. lol). However, the cap is so annoying, it is so loose. I take one lippie out because of the cap. Overall this is my new favourite (after Chloe edp). Was having second thought of either giving to my sis or keeping it. Well, definitely a keeper. If u are like me, who did not like the opening smell, try this and give this perfume a few minutes or hours, let it settles on your skin, and u'll be amaze on how good it smells. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For many, many years I've often caught whiffs of a fragrance on others that I utterly loved. I could never figure out what it was...I knew it reminded me slightly of Estee Lauder Pleasures, which my mother wears a lot, but it was much more natural smelling - like the fragrance on the breeze when you walk by blooming bushes. I can't explain why, but, somehow over the last decade, I've managed to miss out on 5th Avenue! I've seen it everywhere, and obviously I've smelled it hundreds of times, but I never knew the scent I loved was 5th Avenue. (I thought I knew what 5th Avenue smelled like, but just today I realized I must have had it mixed up with Red Door, which I've always liked, but never wore myself because, for years, it seemed like it was being worn by every other person around.) Today, as I was walking out of CVS after dropping off a prescription, I happened upon a new display with an array of fragrances on Sale. There were several 2.5 oz bottles of 5th Avenue, priced at $19.99, and I'm pretty sure this fragrance often costs $50 or $60 at Macy's. TJMaxx has been a bust for me for quite some time, so I've dearly missed finding good deals on fragrances. And CVS - who knew? I couldn't resist buying a bottle of 5th Avenue. When I got in the car, I chewed open the thermo-nuclear insulated packaging, and spritzed. My mood was instantly lifted because of the perfectly beautiful scent. The scent drifted back to my kids, and my 11 year old, said, "Something smells amazing!" He didn't know I sprayed perfume, so he was looking around to see what was outside. 5th Avenue is a lovely, fresh, sparkling floral devoid of sharpness or aggression. The topnotes bring to mind the very topnotes of Estee Lauder vintage White Linen, which I've loved since I was a little girl. 5th Avenue doesn't really smell like White Linen, but the hints from shared topnotes like lilac, linden, jasmine, and peach make me feel like 5th Avenue is a long-hidden part of memory. 5th Avenue smells like an impressionist garden in a hidden courtyard where quartets play gymnopedies in 4 dimensions. This fragrance, and its price, made my week!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Honestly, I got this perfume because it was so cheap on ebay- I got my 2.5 oz bottle for $12 and I felt like being adventurous. All I can say is that I got super lucky! I love this perfume, especially for spring! I've been looking for floral perfumes for spring that are classy and feminine without being "dated". This one fits the bill perfectly! It's a warm floral scent that is youthful yet sophisticated. I will be wearing it a lot this spring and highly recommend it! The staying power isn't anything special, but as inexpensive as it is I don't mind reapplying throughout the day.