October 25, 2014 | 967 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - 5th Avenue

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have received more compliments on this fragrance than any other I have ever worn. It is truly a timeless classic. Very feminine, sweet but not cloying, soft yet demanding of attention. I love 5th Avenue with all my heart

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

___EDIT
I initally really liked this perfume. I still do, but I have realized that I am 20 years too young for this. The scent suits a mature woman 40+. Stay away if in your twenties and thirties!

I saw this at Marshall's for $9 and decided to give it a try because it was a good deal and I've never tried anything Arden before. I LOVE this perfume.
I've never been to 5th Ave but I know it's the center of fashion, capital, and commerce. This perfume definitely lives up to the icon of an intelligent, sophisticated, independent modern woman. Who would have known a perfume could captivate all those attributes!?
If you can find it on sale snag it! If not it's definitely worth it at regular price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

My mother wears this, and scents like these, so since childhood I've linked it with everything lady-like and lovely, since these are her own qualities. The reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because the lasting power isn't that good. It is very uplifting, harmonious (by which I mean balanced), and fresh (without that aquatic/swimming pool quality that some "fresh" fragrances have)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Mandella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just browsed through most of the reviews and didn't see where anyone mentioned the reformulation of 5th Avenue. I wore this when it was first launched (96'?) and it was the kind of fragrance that stopped people in their tracks so they could ask what I was wearing. The last time I smelled this it was empty;devoid of the beautiful drydown that trailed for days.I'd love to smell the original.Perhaps I am mistaken.Maybe my olfactory factory has become snobbish.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by riree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume gave me a headache,smelt like a jasmine garland.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Jeanbean7777

I really think this is a pretty fragrance. It smells like lily of the valley and carnation on my skin. This is a non offensive event perfect for the office or any daytime activity. It could also be used at night but I think I prefer it during the day. If you like florals this is definately worth a try. Also there is a complete line of coordinating products at Elizabeth ardent like lotions, shower gels etc. I think this is perfect year round but especially summer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by galina6

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried this parfum at Marshalls and liked it so much I had to have it. Now I can't stop sniffing it on my shirt and thinking about all those bottles left in the store...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by mychan514

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it! It has very fresh, light floral and feminine smell. It smells good from the 1st spray, not need to wait for the perfume to settle. The only complaint is that it does not last long, but I don't mind to re-purchase it again. It will never go wrong to spray it for any occasions, day or night. Chic and classy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not one to choose just one perfume but rather keep a wardrobe of scents. 5th Avenue is a classic, luxurious fragrance, suitable for any occasion. It's light enough for daytime but feminine and alluring at night. It quietly invites someone to sniff appreciatively, and ask "What perfume is that? I love it!" The individual notes in this are extensive, but include pretty much all my favorites. Lilac, magnolia, bergamot, violet, jasmine, tuberose, peach, carnation, and an unexpected dash of nutmeg, with sandalwood, amber, iris and vanilla creating the base. Carnations are one of my very favorite flowers, with their intricate, spicy scent that originated in the Near East. This, combined with delicious nutmeg and vanilla balance the classic florals, and although Tibetan musk is also listed as a basenote, I couldn't detect its presence. This is a plus for me, as more would overpower many of the more quiet notes, such as the shy violet.

I find this perfume to be very feminine, graceful and well-mannered. I tend to avoid scents that practically scream their presence, but this one whispers of romance and candlelight. When my husband was deployed overseas, I spritzed every letter to him with 5th Avenue. It was like sending an intimate part of myself, as scent is well-documented to be a powerful memory trigger. I've worn this perfume for 12 years now, and while I add other scents to my wardrobe this one remains a staple.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by aidadham

I loveeeeeeeeeee this perfume. It started out very loud for me (was about to throw it away when I first smell it). But then, it settles into a very fresh, delicate smell that is so intoxicating (was burying my nose in my arm before writing this review. lol). However, the cap is so annoying, it is so loose. I take one lippie out because of the cap. Overall this is my new favourite (after Chloe edp). Was having second thought of either giving to my sis or keeping it. Well, definitely a keeper. If u are like me, who did not like the opening smell, try this and give this perfume a few minutes or hours, let it settles on your skin, and u'll be amaze on how good it smells. Will repurchase.