Udderly Smooth Hand Cream

Price: $

Price: $

Allantoin, Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Propylene Glycol in an Emollient Base

on 1/28/2013 6:08:00 PM

I think it was the "light scent" in the product, but whatever it was I have the weirdest, ouchiest rash EVER on my hands. For 4 days now. The rash actually looks like I took slivers of metal and dashed little gouges in them. Reacted the instant I put this cream on with pain and redness :( Washing it off didn't help either.
Needless to say, I won't be buying this hand cream again.

on 1/9/2013 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a 4 oz tube thinking it was a facial moisturizer and found out most people use this as a hand cream. I also fell for the cute packaging. Anyway I have been using this as a hand cream and facial moisturizer under makeup for almost 5 months. The scent is little bit heavy for the face even though it says 'lightly scented' on the tube. It does not feel greasy on my face, but leaves soft, silky feeling like a makeup primer. I am not going to say this cream makes a foundation blend a lot easier, but it feels like it. I don't break out from this product(even though I am sensitive and acne prone). I don't think I will repurchase though for I have bought too many moisturizer that need to be used up.

on 6/22/2012 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have extremely dry hands and feet, even in the hot, humid months, and this works fine as a nighttime hand cream. I haven't tested out in winter, but so far I like it - smells clean, sinks in quickly, doesn't leave a greasy film on my hands (although I really don't mind that - my go-to hand cream is Aquaphor), and gets the job done well enough for the price.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favorite hand creams and I've tried almost everything including those in the $100 range. The skin on my fingers cracks year round and this not only heals it but also keeps the cracks at bay using it only once a day before bed. Best of all it's super cheap and I can often find it on sale at Rite Aid for 99 cents. I've only ever tried the kind in the tube simply because the jar is not stocked at any of the stores I frequent.

on 5/15/2012 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, only purchase this in the jar because the tube product seems different and inferior. This was recommended to me by a friend who was going through chemo. It is an average moisturizer but has healing properties most moisturizers do not (I think mostly due to the allantoin, which is the first ingredient). The scent is not my favorite but the texture is very light and absorbs quickly.

Mostly, I use this on a large cotton pad to remove makeup, followed by either witch hazel or Thayer's Alcohol-Free Rose Witch Hazel (depending upon how dry my skin is at the time). Very effective and does not irritate my sensitive acne-prone skin. EDIT: This is also a good base product for the dilution of tretinon (Retin-A) cream because it is so mild and healing.

on 3/26/2012 8:26:00 PM

I have a sculpture class where we are always doing things like using plaster, acrylic paint, and primers. Read: drying power: I keep a little thing of this on me for that class, and it recovers my hands pretty well. I don't notice anything special, but maybe if I used something else my hands would be a mess. I have it in a little tube, not the jar. Overall it restores moisture when it really needs too, and thats all the matters.
Though, I call the scent 'my old lady lotion' and can be sort of embarrassed when applying it in public because you can smell it. But really, it does restore moisture and if thats all you need it for, go for it.

on 3/12/2012 3:25:00 PM

What first caught my attention was the packaging, and then the price! The dry weather makes my skin and hands crack, I've tried a lot of hand lotions and treatments but nothing really works. I've used Carbtree and Evelyn, L'occtaine, Neutrogena, you name it.. they are either sticky or oily with scents thats too overpowering for me. The scent of utterly smooth isn't too strong and once applied, the moisture is absorbed into the skin leaving you hands silky smooth. I absolutely love this product!

on 12/12/2011 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this originally to use on my hands and cuticles for mositure during the winter months. I have to give this a huge fail. For me, it is not thick or moisturizing enough for neither my hands nor my cuticles. It takes a bit of effort to work it in to get rid of the greasy feeling it leaves behind. It comes in a huge tub and really is a cheap cream. The smell....well...it's not my favourite, but I'm not offended enough by it to not use it ever again. While I won't use it for my hands, I will use it as a body lotion just so I can use it up. I won't repurchase.

on 10/4/2011 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the packaging on this hand cream! I've been wanting to try it forever, and my hands were incredibly dry yesterday when my husband and I stopped at the dollar store so I went ahead and picked some up. The smell is powdery and I'm not a huge fan of it, which is why I gave this a 4, but I love how smooth it makes my hands feel! It's not watery at all, and a little goes a long way. I will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This an easy to find cream. I can always find it at my local walmart. I find it sometimes to be some what greasy feeling. I tend to only use it on my feet because I hate the smell and so does my husband. I have really rough feet from studying ballet en pointe as a kid. I recomend exfoliating at least a little so this can really absorb deep down. Great to use with a pair of socks at night on your feet to really lock in the moisture.

Popular Lotions / Creams