December 20, 2014 | 830 users online

Pressed Powders - Iman - Luxury Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This a great formula!! It's soooo velvety smooth, looks flawless, has excellent coverage, and great staying power. It can be heavy if you put on too much, but overall I was impressed with the formulat at least...

Unfortunately, it's a bit too red for me - color 'Earth Dark' (I have yellow undertones & the 'Earth Medium' is too light for me). But, I still wear it to add warmth to my skin - like a bronser, to my cheeks, temples, and chin. It looks really nice!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by UgandanAmericanBeauty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IMAN Luxury Pressed Powder - Earth Medium

I absolutely LOVE this pressed powder. I wear it alone or with foundation. It is light, blends well and matches my skin tone perfectly. The best thing about this product is that it is not greasy !

I think the price is reasonable...about $13 any where you go. I don't like the bulky plastic compact that it comes in; the hinges and clasp break very easily. Also, the name "Iman" on the compact will rub off easily so you may want to have a makeup bin to put all your Iman compacts together since all the names will come off sooner or later...

Do not use the cotton sponge inside for application because it leaves cotton residue and lint all over your beautiful brown face...big no no.

The only gripe I have about this product is that it is difficult to find...I find it easier to just order it online.

Overall, I would definitely buy this product again because you can wear it alone or with foundation and it looks natural- like your own skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 4:55:00 AM More reviews by rcs314

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Other

The best pressed powder I've used, great undertones and looks natural and truly mattes my face!

I use very heavy full coverage foundation for events and stage, and this really makes it look like skin and helps it to not look like "too much makeup" reach it really is lol.

The only thing I don't like is that the shades are limiting- for instance I am right between the very yellow toned colours and brown colours, so I mix Clay Medium Dark (which is just a shade or two too dark- noticeably if a lot is applied) and Sand Light Medium (a nice yellow town, the Clay Medium looks pinkish to me.)

This stuff is great over mineral or loose powder to create a "flawless, matte" finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Shnazzy1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

a close friend of mine used this Iman luxury powder one day and i couldn't help but notice how flawless her complexion appeared. i decided it was time i bought a pressed powder and i picked clay medium dark. i put it on and loved how it made my skin look. i would recommend this to anyone it's awesome !!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by eleanorch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have read the reviews here on MUA and have saved money and potentially avoided costly mistakes. I have bought some products that I would not have even known about if not for you reviewers. So I thought Id contribute too and hopefully others can make some informed choices as I have. I'm really impressed with this.

I'm impressed with this although it is not perfect so far I can say it is the best compact. On a quiet day at home I tried different foundations in natural light and I think this is the closest match to my NC45 complexion. I think if your skin is the darker NC45 as mine is it will be too light. However, there is never any sun in Scotland so for the winter months when my natural tan has faded it is a good match. So to make the most of it, I use it use almost as a concealer under eyes, on the nose and any areas I want to highlight or all over when my skin has gone a shade lighter in the winter months. It costs $14.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by trilla14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice. I can wear it alone. Too much makes you cakey but very nice

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC NW47/50 for reference. This powder is like velvet. You do not need to apply a lot as I find it can look like you have been dipped in flour. That said, a light application with a sponge or better still a brush really adds something. Word of warning though. You will need to use blotting powder over this at some point. I have dry skin and yet I start to look oily during the day. This powder is not my first choice for summer but definitely like using it in the cooler months

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG, i mean OMG! I LOVE THIS ISh, it is perfect. I got this in clay medium and the clay medium dark for when i tan. I am nc45 and this powder is such a perfect match for my yellow undertones and i know the clay medium dark will be great for the summer bc i get pretty red when i tan. I mean i love my mac blot but mac powder doesn't have the color match that iman does, if you have any doubts about trying this powder get over it b/c this stuff is the truth, another plus is that this stuff looks great on all my foundations i have tried so far. I bought my iman stuff at the huge duane reade on 42nd and 8th ave in manhattan.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by rianna739

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the Sand Light Medium and I love it! I have had trouble finding a yellow-toned powder for my olive skin in the winter and now I found the best one by far. It does not leave a noticeable chin line of orange/pink undertone that so many department generics do. It goes on smooth and is not too chalky or matte. Price was as much as a generic and will definitely keep buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Chanelletennis94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I NONE OF THE THE OTHER BRANDS HAD MY SKIN COLOR SO I GOT THIS ONE AND IT WAS PERFECT FOR MY SKIN!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! I GOT IT IN MEDIUM CLAY :)