September 22, 2014 | 1284 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - NEW! Hair

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by addikted

Update:
Yay! after using mostly this for the past few months, I can say it's the first winter without a flaky, itchy scalp! And my hair has grown so much, several inches. I also get barely any hair falling out in my comb or down the drain. My hair is long and thick, so that's also a first, not dropping hair on the floor when straightening etc. Downside is getting a bit sick of the puck in my shower, it's a bit of a pain keeping it dry yet handy. And it just snapped in half, getting near the last quarter of it. I will say it has lasted pretty well though considering.

Update 2:
So it's been maybe a month of not using this, since I ran out. Well I'm starting to see hair in my comb again & in the drain when I wash my hair..which has grown very long since starting on the New bar - also I'm finding my hair feels blah, like other shampoos are leaving residue. It doesn't dry as evenly either. I think I'm going to have to buy another one of these! Really. Only downsides to this are: messy, and I think it takes colour out of hair faster than a colour saving shampoo. But nothing drastic. Will be repurchasing.

Ok so here is the original review:

First time using the New! Shampoo bar. Well now, what a lovely surprise. After reading the reviews here, good and bad, I decided to give it a shot as my hair has been feeling a bit blah lately from using a shampoo I don't normally use until I can get my usual from salon.

My hair before - today it was a bit dirty, a bit flaky and a bit itchy. The ends felt dry. Brushing or combing my hair usually leads to several strands of hair coming out, no matter how good the condition of it is at the time.

I wet my hair thoroughly, lightly squeezed excess water out and swiped the bar over my hair about 6-7 times, it's a bit long and I wanted to make sure I got enough. Turns out that was plenty. My hair foamed up into lovely feeling sudsy, shampoo feeling bliss. The scent is subtle and smells stronger on the bar than in the hair.

I expected my hair to feel 'too clean', stringy and in need of conditioner. It felt SOFT, smooth and clarified.

I finished with my Keune conditioner and my hair is now lovely and fresh, free of flakes, and feels rejuvenated. I had maybe 5 hairs come out on my wide toothed comb after washing and towel drying, so fewer than usual.

The bar is drying on a little tray at the far end of my bathtub away from the shower stream. I didn't find it stained my tiles/grout like some have said.

Give this a try if your scalp or hair is feeling a bit blah, I think it made my conditioner more effective too.

Took off a lippie for packaging as the bar, while it is sold in a paper packet, it is a pain to store - really need to find a little round soap draining thing.. The tins are fine for once it's totally dry. I made the mistake with their Juniper bar years ago which turned to mush in no time. This felt nicer and I hope lasts longer.

I will keep using this and see if it keeps up the performance over time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Okay so I love and hate this product. I hate the smell, I hate the bar form and I can't stand using it. I was losing my hair and coming close to getting a noticeable bald spot so I bought this because I was willing to try anything. My hair stopped falling out and new hair grew back so it works and I would buy it again in a second if I needed to. I used it with Lush's Retread conditioner. The combination did make my hair soft and not dry but somewhat frizzy. If you are having issues with hair loss/fall pick this up. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, where do I begin? I guess I will just tell you all that this shampoo is amazinggg.

First of all, it comes in this circular shape, kind of like a soap bar. The colour is like a faint red but turns pinkish after numerous washes. The smell is gorgeous, cinnamony and spicy. Love!

Now onto the actual product itself. It is quite expensive AUD14, but well worth it. It lasts quite a while for a person that washes her hair 2 times a week. (About 2 months) if you want to use the product, I advise that you wet the bar under water and then rub it gently through your hair. It will lather up quite a bit and you really dont need a lot. A mistake that i made at first was the fact that i rubbed the bar in my wet hands and then run it throughout my hair. This was very ineffective and i hardly got any product in it.

As for the hair regeneration claims, I believe that they are well and truly genuine. Although it did not make my hair grow that much, it certainly prevented excessive hair loss. I noticed that right after I showered, not as many hairs fell out of my head.

Overall, this is a great shampoo bar for everyone, young and old.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

Smells like cinnamon and Clove, it doesn't linger tho. It can be drying so I only use it a couple times a week. I've been using my pick for about five months and I still have about a third of the pick left(I have waist long fine hair) so it's a good bargain IMO. I can't tell if its helping my hair grow or helping it not fall out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I'm a big Lush fan. Everything Lush - hair care, skin care, body, everything! I had been eyeing up their solid shampoos for a while and my first one was Seanik which I love. I went back in with some friends and they both went for this one, New because it claims to promote hair growth. Now I've never been a big fan of cinnamon scented things with anything which is why I avoided this one (luckily for me the smell doesn't linger), but I want my hair to grow to its full potential so I went for it. Like Seanik it lathers amazingly. I use maybe two or three swipes on my hair (a few inches past my shoulders) and that is more than enough. I try and massage it into my scalp to get the full hair follicle stimulation. I haven't noticed any dandruff or flaking from my scalp and I've been using it for about a month, but I do alternate using Seanik and New because I was told New isn't as moisturizing. I also use a conditioner and a leave in conditioner so that probably helps with any scalp dryness. As for growth, I honestly do think it gives my follicles a bit of a kick to get going. My hair grows painfully slowly, but I am see about 3cm of growth (due to my hair dye vs my natural roots coming through) so I do feel as though it does help with hair growth slightly. Solid shampoos are fun (slightly tricky, so make sure you dry it out a bit and store it well) and if you find your scalp is dry, try alternating between New and your regular shampoo. Aside from the smell, this is worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I bought this product because of the rave reviews thinking it would give some oomph to my fine, curly, chest length hair. I wasn't expecting miracles or anything but I also wasn't expecting it to cause my hair to fall out in clumps. While I was using the shampoo I noticed that when I would comb my hair the comb would have a lot more hair in it than normal. I never thought of attributing it to the shampoo until I saw other reviewers mention that they also had experienced above average hair loss. I've stopped using the shampoo and I confirmed that it was the culprit behind my hair falling out in clumps because now it's back to normal, thankfully.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a longtime LUSH fan and this is one of my favorite products and definitely my favorite of all the shampoo bars. It gives my hair a lot of volume and really feels like properly cleans my hair (for the first time in my life)! It's really convenient to travel with but you so have to be careful with making sure it doesn't get too wet otherwise it becomes a mess.

EDIT: I've taken a lippie off only because I've since discovered LUSHs big shampoo which I am now in love with. However I would still continue to buy this purely because it is a great shampoo and is easier to travel with. I would recommend getting a little container to store this in because if it doesn't get a chance to dry it is really difficult to work with.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Ouwi

I never got dandruff...but this caused it...T.T
will never buy it again....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have been using this product daily for a couple of months and am wrapped with it. I've bought a few other bars from Lush and they practically melted immediately so I was sceptical about how long this would last. To my surprise I've used it daily for the past 2 months and the bar doesn't even look like it's halved yet! It's great value. While I have only noticed a minimal amount less fallout my hair feels clean and soft using this. Will definitely re-purchase another solid shampoo when this runs out, but because I like change I'll probably try a different one just because :) This is FANTASTIC for travelling.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Being aware of all the trash that is being generated, I thought about trying one of LUSH shampoos. I like the fact that it has no packaging, however it can be a bit tricky to store it. They sell a shampoo tins but if you have any other tin (from a soap) it works just fine. After using it make sure you let ir dry outside the shower (never in the shower, or it'll melt).
I felt it made my hair squeaky clean but I don't know if it's the SLS base or the lack of silicones (or both!) that made my hair feel really dry and brittle- I put a mask right afterwards but it wasn't a pleasant feeling.
I didn't feel any irritation but this does contain irritant ingredients like peppermint.
Overall I wouldn't repurchase, I feel like there are better options out there that will leave my hair feeling better.