September 2, 2014 | 1902 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania - Nude Pearl

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by GinaM98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like most makeup enthusiasts, I get excited when I stumble across an excellent product that happens to be dirt cheap. After hearing all the rave reviews about NYX products, I decided to jump on the bandwagon. I'm impressed. I like to use light, shimmery colors on my lid and brow bone and I have purchased many products over the years for this purpose. Despite most of those products being high-end I still find myself reaching for NYX Pearl Powder most of the time. I've been using it for almost 6 months now and up until my son knocked the bottle over I still had alot of product left. All this for $1.99? Sign me up! I have since repurchased this color as well as "white pearl." I plan to try them all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate relationship with any kind of loose shadows or pigments, no matter the brand. I want to love them, but not one has wowed me enough to bother with beyond the first or second try so they end up lonely and unused, or I drop them, spill, make a mess, lose half, and I wonder why I bothered spend the money on them at all. Enter NYX. These little jars of goodness are amazing. So finely milled and smooth, goes on like a buttah (once you get a brush in that little jar or depot into a different container. Otherwise I like the jar, they're harder to knock over and spill due to the small opening). This pigment sticks well to my eye base (also NYX), blends well, has alovely almost ethereal shimmer without being OTT or glittery, and doesn't crease or fade. I also bought Sky Pink which is lovely, but not as neutral so I reach for Nude more often as a base, a highlight for cheeks and eyes, added to lotion or moisturizer to make liquid shimmer, in nail polish, whatever. A little goes a long way so I don't see myself using this up anytime soon, but I will be buying more shades for sure for variety. A pleasant surprise and worth a try, even for the so-called non-pigment people like me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by krisah375

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good color payoff. Also...very VERY shimmery... as obviously all the ultra pearl mania e/s are. Good for a "going out" look.

This would probably be a really nice color on someone with darker skin or an olive-toned complexion, but not for me. To me, it looked more GOLD than nude, and some gold shimmer is nice, but this was almost too gold to be called "nude" at all, IMO.

I can't give this a bad rating, because it's good quality and a fun shade and all that, but I wouldn't pick this up if you are looking for an actual nude, or a more subtle nude.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by HunieBzzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like the color payoff at all. Very bad quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by ashleypooh1014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this and mocha pearl, they are incredible together!!!!

These are such great quality for the price, and the shimmers in it are to die for! Ive been using this daily since i got it, as a highlight or on the inner tear duct area to brighten, also i noticed that its a great facial highlight too! definetly great buy i wont regret, plus theres tons of product in it even though it looks small.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Hiloue

GORGEOUS!
If you are into that natural look, this is perfect soft gold eyeshadow for your eyelid..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by NinaSushi1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This color makes a great nude highlight with shimmer. I transfer the shadow into another pot because it is hard to work with from the packaging it comes with. Other than that I say if there is one Ultra pearl mania you should get it could be this one, or walnut or mocha if your darker, but their all pretty, just beware of the oranges colors ones, their all the same kinda.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by gosh_grace

this stuff is gorgeous!! its very finely milled shimmering powder. its not so much nude, as described, but more of a soft gold. it makes my green eyes pop! when applied dry, its pretty sheer(as are most of the pearl mania's), but when foiled it looks so vibrant and pretty! it stays on all day. its dirt cheap, but i HATE the little jar it comes in, its really hard to use. although the bottle is small, there is a decent amount of product in there. i would definetly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by stcxtc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing color - so versatile and ethereal. I use it as a lid color and use a matte e/s in the crease for contrast b/c of its high sheen. Beautiful when foiled too. Don't be deceived by the little jars - when I emptied them out into those round clear plastic containers, found out that there's A LOT of product in there. Way more than regular-sized loose e/s from Everyday Minerals or BE. Plus, these are way more pigmented and chock-full of impact, and you only need a little to create an awesome look. This is a must-have in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by jstrake1

Simply beautiful!!! This pigment is becoming a daily neutral wash over the lid. I can see this color being complementary for all skin tones.