July 30, 2014 | 2161 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Blonde Venus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

How this perfect nude eluded my discovery until now is a mystery. It is gorgeous. It is so perfectly suited to my coloring (brownish/blondish hair, green eyes, NC27) that I can't believe I've lived without it so long. I do like Honolulu Honey but sometimes it is just too light and looks concealer-y. BV hits the perfect note of nude with enough color in it to make my mouth look sexy and alive. The shade on me is like a blend of honey, caramel and a hint of rose, then lightened. It looks good with a variety of blushes. Love it, love it, love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by etmg

this shade really shouldn't look good on me, I am definitely cool toned with dark hair, and blue eyes, but for some reason I tried it out and I love it. It looked slightly orangey on my lips when I first applied it but after rubbing my lips together it is a great nude and although a bit drying, long lasting on me. It is a great lip plumping shade too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by emmagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was glad to find this a near match to the NARS pencil Fantasia, which looks fantastic on me: dark hair, light skin, blue eyes. It is a v. good lipstick, a peachy nude, probably my favorite nude next to Nouba. My only slight beef, is that wheras I found the pencil much to dry, I think i would have preferred Blonde Venus to be slightly drier, like Pigalle, vs. their slippery versions. By no means glossy, and lasts a reasonable amount of time, but I sort of think the depth of color would be better if it was a tad drier.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Jackie0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick would be the mother of all nudes if it were more pigmented!!! I love the shade but it's just so sheer!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to say that this is my FAVORITE Nars lipstick ever (I own 6 others). It is a peachy beige that looks gorgeous with a dramatic eye and neutral cheek, but it also works well for a natural look. This lipstick is perfection in a tube. I had wanted a nude peach color, and I had my sights set on Barberella. But when I tried it on, it was too light for me. I also tried Honolulu Honey, which gave me concealer lips. Then Blonde Venus caught my eye, so I decided to try it and I was so amazed! I also LOVE that it is matte, because with dramatic eye looks I find a matte lipstick works better than a shiny one. And if I want to add some shine, I can always add a gloss on top. And the staying power is phenomenal!! I have to say I didn't find this lipstick super orangey like some other reviewers. Instead I find it to be a beige with subtle peach tones.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my second NARS lipstick. Barbarella was my first. I didn't like that one because it was a sheer, too hard to see on my lips, and wore off almost immediately. I like Blonde Venus better. It has a decent amount of staying power. I always wear gloss over it, for those of the reviewers here who had a drying problem with it. It is not nude, but an orangey-nude, like the reviewers below have noted. But I like it. It flatters my features. (I am an NC-25 for reference.) I am more used to other lip brands and feel cheaper lip brands work just as well, so I won't repurchase this. But it is a nice color. I love NARS lipstick packaging. The outer case feels so smooth.

EDIT: I have added a lippie because I find I wear this much more than I thought I would. It is a very flattering, beautiful color. I would repurchase this since it is different from my other orangey lipsticks.

**EDITED On 5/12/12: Removed 3 lippies. I hate the smell of NARS lipsticks so much that I can't wear them. Threw it away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by alijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought this was a cool beige as described on the NARS website.
It looks orangey in the tube and on me it looked like tan with a gray-ish cast. Ewww. In general I've found the NARS website descriptions to be deceptive when it came down to seeing or trying the real thing.
The other turn off about this is the plasticy smell that seems to get worse over time. I think I may have had an old lipstick...I guess the ingredients go rancid over time making the smell worse.
The formula is very, very, drying to my lips. Not my best NARS experience. The best thing about the lipstick was the tube packaging- very cool. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

This is my first NARS lipstick. Not really knowing what to completely expect from it...

Blonde Venus is a satin finish lipstick that applies very evenly, no blotches... not too thick or uneven. I have semi-pigmented mauve lips, this shade applies onto me as a mid-tone brown/beige. I wouldn't consider this as "nude" for me but it's a very wearable color. The thing I like about this lipstick is that the texture provides a very "natural" coverage without it seeming like I caked on lipstick and one layer of it already provides a really nice color. Texture-wise this really reminds me of MUFE lipsticks, not too drying but not slippery at all and stays on pretty well (much better than MAC which I seem to have to reapply too often). I generally really love MUFE lipsticks for it's staying power and texture but my main issue with their lipsticks is the overpowering fragrance. Being withou the same price range, NARS seems to be quite similar in every way except it's fragrance free.

Unfortunately it might lose it's appeal to some because there isn't a fancy fruity scent or the infamous vanilla scent however I tend to be a cosmetic user who enjoys "fragrance free" things considering the amount of things we use on our face/head alone that has a scent to it... I never like being a walking perfume bomb. Yes indeed this lipstick might not smell immaculate and might even smell cheap to some because the lack of fragrance allows you to smell the scent of the ingredients actually in this but it's so faint from the tube, you won't notice anything once it's applied.

I give this a 4 because it's not really a special shade and it seems to be really inconsistent based on other reviews with how this shows up on other people but overall this lipstick is quite nice for my personal taste that I would buy another one and definitely would buy another NARS lipstick in general.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this product atleast six times. It is by far the most gorgeous peachy nude in the history of the world. It is also thick, emolliant and long wearing. If Blonde Venus was human, I'd marry it. Will make you look like you have Angelina Jolie's lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first NARS lipstick and I had sort of mixed feelings about it but overall I'm glad I bought it. The texture tends towards more matte than slick for me, but it goes on pretty evenly. The color is definitely not a "cool beige" as described but is instead a light tannish-orange coral color. I'm very fair and now that I think about it, this would probably look better on ladies with more tanned skin, but as I get into the summer months I can definitely see myself using this. On very pale skin it just looks too orange, but against a tan in the summer it would look great.