AmLactin 12%

4.3

Water, Lactic Acid (Neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide), Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth 4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose

on 10/16/2013 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I use this only on my face. It feels too sticky on my arms and legs and takes too long to dry. On my face, it burns, really burns for more than a minute. Then, when it stops burning, it's fine - no smell, no tackiness, nothing. It's so moisturizing, i get no flakes even from Tazorac every 3rd night. I hope that as I continue to use it, I'll have skin like that of the lady in the pictures (reviewer Syrie) - dewy, luminous skin.

on 9/24/2013 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought a huge bottle of this at Costco for around $20, so although it's still kind of pricey for a body lotion, it wasn't outrageously priced. This lotion is amazing, as it simultaneously moisturizes and exfoliates my skin. Using it daily on my legs makes them glow more than the shimmery body lotion I used to use on them. Regular usage also helps to fight and prevent bikini bumps and keratosis pilaris. It does sting if I use it on broken skin, and it doesn't have the most pleasant smell, but the smell doesn't bother me. Overall, I really love this product.

Ingredients: Water, Lactic Acid Neutralized With Ammonium Hydroxide, Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose. continued >>

on 9/20/2013 12:52:00 PM

I have very bad acne and this does not break my face out it helps control breakouts . it has also faded my post hyperpigmentation from previous acne marks ! and improved my skin tone . if your just starting start slow then use daily. it is lactic acid lotion after all . I will buy this again

on 7/19/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used it for two weeks on my kp, applying it twice a day and it did nothing for it. I'm sick of spending so much money on treatments that don't work. Im done.

HG for me. Most moisterizers are just fluff, they are loaded with preservatives and other ingredients that don't do much but smell good. This moisturizer DOES something. I have moderate KP, it gets really bad on my upper legs and this is the only thing that helps. A day without this, my skin feels rough. I am considering purchasing the Ultra though since I move to a drier climate.

on 3/25/2013 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

AmLactin is a holy grail product for me. I live in the desert so my skin is dry and tight after I get out of the shower. I use AmLactin on my legs, arms, and hands - no more tightness and no more dryness! This product exfoliates my skin and I have even noticed my dry cuticles look and feel so smooth and healthy. This is a must for dry, scaly skin - I will never be without. The only minor downside is the smell - it smells of plastic but this eventually diminishes throughout the day. A must for healthy, glowy skin!

on 3/23/2013 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On my 2nd bottle of this stuff..Great for those with KP..I have moderate KP on my arms and legs and this keeps it under control. It is also great on my feet and keeps my heels from being nasty and dry. I used this twice a day for the first week and now use it every other day to keep my KP away. Yes it doesn't smell very good but you have to remember that this is a chemical lotion and is suppose to treat skin, not make it smell good..plus the smell doesn't linger..my skin doesn't smell like anything after I use it. I will continue to repurchase this for my KP!

on 3/18/2013 10:36:00 PM

I found this lotion while searching for a lotion with alpha hydroxy, but this is far better for improving skin tone. I do not feel the product is too expensive, and the pump on the bottle makes for easy application. After a full week of use my skin is softer, smoother, and my skin tone is more even. I recommend AmLactin to anyone who is looking for a good lotion! In a different review someone said it smells like plastic, but I do not have a sense of smell, so if someone wants a better scent, try a quick spritz of your favorite body spray (not perfume). I use the lotion every other day after my shower, but the bottle recommends to use twice a day. Imagine how wonderful I would look if I did it that often!

on 3/15/2013 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Really good at smoothing out the skin, i use it on my face a few times a week too. Has greatly helped to fade the dark spots on my chest and back and helps to rid my elbows and front of thighs of the small bumps i sometimes have (Keratosis). A bit pricey but worth it to prepare your back and chest for low slung summer tops and dresses.

on 1/27/2013 9:57:00 PM

I bought AmLactin a month ago from Amazon. I bought a 17.6 ounce bottle and paid $19 plus shipping.

I initially purchased this because it supposed to be comparable to the very expensive face cream La Mer. I planned to use it all over my face. I also read that it is great for the bumps on the back of the arms caused from either ingrown hairs or clogged follicles.

I do not use it on my entire face because I think it did cause me to have zits the first few times I used it all over. However, when I use my at home chemical peel I follow it up with AmLactin on my cheeks. Amazing results! My cheeks are soooo smooth. I couldn't be happier! Following the peel, it does burn a bit, but I kind of like that. It will also burn on zits. The back of my arms...amazing! I am 30-years-old and have had red bumps on my arms since middle school. I thought it was just a way of life. THEY ARE GONE! I barely have a bump at all! I use it on my arms and legs daily. It also cleared up some razor burn I had on my legs right above my knee.

The packaging...who cares?? It's lotion! I highly recommend this for body and in moderation on your face.