April 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Lotions/ Creams - AmLactin 12%

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by TitaniumJane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this lotion while searching for a lotion with alpha hydroxy, but this is far better for improving skin tone. I do not feel the product is too expensive, and the pump on the bottle makes for easy application. After a full week of use my skin is softer, smoother, and my skin tone is more even. I recommend AmLactin to anyone who is looking for a good lotion! In a different review someone said it smells like plastic, but I do not have a sense of smell, so if someone wants a better scent, try a quick spritz of your favorite body spray (not perfume). I use the lotion every other day after my shower, but the bottle recommends to use twice a day. Imagine how wonderful I would look if I did it that often!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by MsTripleChoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really good at smoothing out the skin, i use it on my face a few times a week too. Has greatly helped to fade the dark spots on my chest and back and helps to rid my elbows and front of thighs of the small bumps i sometimes have (Keratosis). A bit pricey but worth it to prepare your back and chest for low slung summer tops and dresses.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by chisco34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought AmLactin a month ago from Amazon. I bought a 17.6 ounce bottle and paid $19 plus shipping.

I initially purchased this because it supposed to be comparable to the very expensive face cream La Mer. I planned to use it all over my face. I also read that it is great for the bumps on the back of the arms caused from either ingrown hairs or clogged follicles.

I do not use it on my entire face because I think it did cause me to have zits the first few times I used it all over. However, when I use my at home chemical peel I follow it up with AmLactin on my cheeks. Amazing results! My cheeks are soooo smooth. I couldn't be happier! Following the peel, it does burn a bit, but I kind of like that. It will also burn on zits. The back of my arms...amazing! I am 30-years-old and have had red bumps on my arms since middle school. I thought it was just a way of life. THEY ARE GONE! I barely have a bump at all! I use it on my arms and legs daily. It also cleared up some razor burn I had on my legs right above my knee.

The packaging...who cares?? It's lotion! I highly recommend this for body and in moderation on your face.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by GermanSausagesRtheWurst

I bought a big bottle of this at Costco for around $12 dollars after hearing good reviews. I bought it because my skin gets very dry in the colder months, and I love that it has lactic acid to make my skin really smooth and possibly fade some scars on my body that I have. My only complaint is that I wish this what a bit richer and creamier, but it does moisturize really well. This winter I've alternated between this and coconut oil, and I'm very pleased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I started buying the 22oz pump bottle off ebay for $20 with shipping, it's the best price I've found for a decent amount of this pricey lotion. It is pricey, but it works wonderfully, and when you think about it, compared to other acid lotions, if bought in large quantities, it is the most affordable option I've found. It cleared up the bumps on my legs from shaving that I've had issues with for years in about a month of regular use. I use it 3-4 times a week right now and that is enough to maintain the results. My whole body is wonderfully smooth now. The only downfall, other than the price, is that it can smell pretty awful for the first 20 minutes or so. I have to sit naked and let it air in order for it to fade. It can smell a bit like cat pee at first, which I know is just the high acid content. Fortunately this smell does disappear, leaving no trace of scent at all, so I can wear it during the day which is also a plus. Finding a non-stinky lactic acid lotion is hard.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PRO'S:

*Probably the strongest humectant I've ever encountered.

The pro's end there.

CON'S:
*Expensive for what it is.
*Stinks, smells like plastic, like the smell of opening a fresh box of Ziplock sandwich bags.
*On the body it smells sour, like stinky shoes and socks. (i.e. B.O.)
*Since this product amounts to being little more than just a prescription strength humectant, on the body it feels like being in the most humid, sticky, and uncomfortable climate imaginable. (i.e. makes me feel gross and grimy)
*I must wash my hands after applying this, or my palms will feel "sweaty" and wet forever.
*No noticeable positive results from using this product, no exfoliation that I noticed.

For my feet, I got exfoliation and better results with a cheap over-the-counter glycolic acid cream.

I'm not really a fan of humectants even in their mildest form, and that's all this product is in my book: A humectant. If you like the idea of all the moisture in the air clinging to your body, then you'll probably love this product.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by arianell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have absolutely no complaints about the performance of AmLactin. It works, and it works FAST. I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, and this lotion made my arms noticeably smoother within a few days. I find that I don't have to reapply it that often to maintain the results, either... at this point, I apply it before bed 2-3 times a week, and it keeps the bumps at bay.

I don't particularly like the texture of the lotion, however. It's very runny and it doesn't absorb into the skin very quickly. Also, it's fragrance-free, and the way it smells is... eh, not terrible, but certainly not pleasant. To get over the texture/smell issues, I like to mix 2 parts AmLactin with 1 part of a thicker, lightly scented body lotion before I apply it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A derm recommended this for the ketosis pilaris I have on my chest and legs and I find that while it doesnt cure it (nothing does) it definitely helps. I have been using it for about 3 months, by the way, but I remember noticing improvement within weeks. At first, I used it AM and PM, but now i only use it in PM (I don't really like wearing any lotion but SPF in the summer). It makes my skin look and feel much smoother and it also seems to help calm it and make it less red (which I had not expected). The only thing that bothers me about this stuff is you have remember to WEAR A GOOD SPF daily on any areas that might get exposed. I got sunburned on the back of my calves while running in the morning despite the fact that it was a real stretch to call it running (so I was not sweating) and I had applied SPF to that area before going out (plus it was 6am and i was only out for like 40 mins!). Normally, I am not prone to sunburn, but I also blame it on the SPF I was using (it claimed to be 70spf).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by smcgraw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing stuff, just wish it didn't smell like cat pee...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by tisawonderfullife

Great lotion. I've been suffering from a skin rash that spread from my mid back to all over my back, chest, stomach, and shoulders which has been going on for about a year now and nothing I tried before seemed to have any affect on it. After doing some research, this lotion kept coming up and I figured it doesn't hurt to try. I'm really glad I did. Though the rash and bumps are not completely gone, I do believe it is this lotion that stabilized the rash and kept it from growing further. The bumps have gone down exceedingly and the lotion has helped to heal my skin. The smell is kinda funky but its not overpowering.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No