April 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Poison

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Appropriately named. Rancid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by EBH613

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this perfume. at first I wasn't so sure because it's not a sweet scent like I typically prefer even when I like a spicey scent I lean towards a sweet note but this is a very respectable scent. It feels light, only need one spray. It is very mysterious and feminine but powerful and alluring somehow. Anyways I love it and I think it's a good scent in a pretty bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

One of the original 80's powerhouse fragrances. And by Powerhouse I mean knock you over where you stand perfume... This stuff is strong. As strong if not more than Giorgio. My 8th grade teacher wore this. Some things from the 80's need to stay in the 80's mainly this and shoulder pads...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ShellyMum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

Poison is my absolute first "real" perfume (a big step up from supermarket body sprays). It was as a gift to me from my first boyfriend as a teenager. I loved it immediately and wore it as my signature scent for about 5 or 6 years. I received many compliments over the years, so hopefully that means I didn't ever wear too much of it. So IMO, Poison is a lovely scent in small doses. It is very unique, with a deep plum/wine mysterious feeling about it. I would describe it as a spicy scent. However, it does also have floral and sweet undertones to it. The dry down is gorgeous. I can see how it wouldn't be something everybody likes, but it is one fragrance I will always have in my collection. For a modern day comparison I think Euphoria by Calvin Klein is "slightly" comparable to Poison, but honestly Poison is really in a league of its own. I now wear it (sparingly) at night or on cooler days. Sometimes when I'm just at home, I spray a bit on for the nostalgic, cosy feeling it gives me.... yum!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by inglaterra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reformulated skeleton of an 80s powerhouse, so be it. All of our great olfactory heroes are being ignored, overshadowed by juvenile scents.

On me, its a quiet skin scent. 2 hours later and I barely notice anything. But what a two hours!

First blast is coriander, slightly spicy, slightly... herbal? Maybe you smell like you just had a cooking class, so you are primal in a surprisingly unpretentious way. The middle note is a honeyed slight berry-red wine. This note is way, way in the background, and is trumped by a faint Ysatis resemblance. Clean, sexy, organic, dark, evil, like Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider, sweating in Cambodia after slaying the bad guy. :-)

The dry down is a super light ice-covered tuberose. Tuberose! I hate tuberose too, but its not loud, low silage, just beautiful.

Edit: I do get the grape kool-aid element. Grr. But no perfume is perfect, giving us the thrill of the chase! :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Smells divine, but you only need the smallest amount applied because it's a very powerful scent. I love this one, and have since it was released.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by rachelracel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

so is Dior out the deoor?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

They reformulated this, too?!?! Heresy! Heresy! OMG, how I hate it when the reformulate old classics. I don't give a hoot about safety, people's alleged sensitivities, environmentally friendliness, or any other excuses for censorship (that's what it is). And if this offends you, go ahead, start crying and sue me. Reformulated scents offend ME, and there's bloody nothing I can do about it. Which means I'm at a vast worse disadvantage. Soto all the terminally sensitive, I say blow your nose, think of that and be happy.

I'm SO glad I still have some of the old formula left. I'll NEVER buy the reformulated rip-off. Dior or any other brand. This pisses me off royally.

11 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by shannon83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This perfume as just awesome!! I bought a bottle of the vintage formula so that is what I am reviewing. It is rich, warm, and purple smelling. The yummy grape smell it has is wonderful, smells like yummy honey and flowers too. It has wonderful lasting power and nice silage. I don't find it to be to strong or overbearing like others do, I find it to be nice and subtle. But I also only use one spray otherwise it can prob. be to much for some. I love the Dior Poison line they are such great fragrances. It is def. worth the money and worth a try. This is not for teens and young women though it takes a grown up mature womanly woman to love this fragrance, It is very classy and doesn't smell like anything out these days. It is one of my top faves in my collection along with Hypnotic Poison. If you want to try this though I suggest that you try to find a bottle or sample of the vintage stuff, because the modern day reformulated Poison just doesn't smell the same. It does not have the same vibe at all, I hated the new formula when I smelled it recently. It just smells like gross moth balls and it flat and boring. Def. suggest trying the vintage!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by warietessa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Dior classic, this fragrance but I really do not fit-rather poison hemlock