December 21, 2014 | 955 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Poison

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK, am new to this one and being a child of the 80s with a "made in USSR" birthday stamp, I probably got an accidental sniff or 2 of this stuff back then, because it does awaken a memory, a memory of being small and everything around - veery big. And the smell of Poison - even bigger. I waited out until I could get esprit de parfum at a bargain price off ebay ( since pure perfume is imho what a scent is actually meant to be ), and here we are, two 5ml dark purple bottles with glasstops sitting on my dresser, and I was almost calling my hubby to come and be on standby while I test it in case it levels me with the ground as soon as the first poison molecule pops out! What can I say, it is heavy artillery, but all complex scents are, so 3 golden rules for those, who want to learn to help it develop into a heavenly elixir instead of having a bulldozer effect on anything with a heartbeat in a kilometer's radius: 1) 2 DABS for dry skin, 1 DAB for oily like mine: then WALK AWAY from the bottle! 2) APPLY 30 MINS - AT LEAST!- BEFORE enetering an inhabited environment. 3) Apply on the hidden UNDER THE CLOTHES skin, not necesserily too far away - like the bottom of your cleavage for instance, or on the top "knuckle" of your spine just below the dressline. When these rules are observed, POISON will reward you in a most amazing way! The headache-inducing qualities dissipate after about half an hour, for some - after a full hour, and then the magic happens. This perfume needs to be applied in such small doses not even because it is so strong - it just has the expanding multifold effect and it needs you to give it a vast room to do so, and then, like a smoke cloud after an explosion, after booming out, it gathers itself again and then sits tight around you, but not too tight, so when you walk, a whiff of it will still reach the chosen target. :) I cannot imagine what a post-chemical war effect this scent could have if one - GOD FORBID!! - sprays it! When done right, this is a femme fatal perfume, incredibly alluring and it doesn't loosen its grip once it catches attention. A very powerful weapon in knowing hands. I will use it purely for seduction: the best scent for the task.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Drigsby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

@Post below: Please write perfume reviews for a living <3

Sampled this in the store. Very creamy, chill, vanilla scent. Absolutely delicious! My favorite of the poisons,

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by rosademarzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This perfume lasts on you like no other (I've ever tried), be it Chanel's Chance or the other Diors (even in its EDT version). Good value also for this reason: no need to reapply like other equally expensive ones. Got it as a gift recently and wearing it (over again) happily. I don't think that "fashion" or "tendencies" apply to something as personal as a perfume. Good scents are immortal. Strong stuff, use it carefully.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by coolfreshair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Upon smelling this again I was reminded of the 80s. The only words I can use to sum this up is "nostagically revolting". It's an attention seeking mess of a scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Appropriately named. Rancid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by EBH613

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this perfume. at first I wasn't so sure because it's not a sweet scent like I typically prefer even when I like a spicey scent I lean towards a sweet note but this is a very respectable scent. It feels light, only need one spray. It is very mysterious and feminine but powerful and alluring somehow. Anyways I love it and I think it's a good scent in a pretty bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

One of the original 80's powerhouse fragrances. And by Powerhouse I mean knock you over where you stand perfume... This stuff is strong. As strong if not more than Giorgio. My 8th grade teacher wore this. Some things from the 80's need to stay in the 80's mainly this and shoulder pads...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ShellyMum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

Poison is my absolute first "real" perfume. It was a gift to me from my first boyfriend as a teenager. I loved it immediately and wore it as my signature scent for about 5 or 6 years. I think Poison is a lovely scent, but in small doses. It is very unique, with a deep plum/wine mysterious feeling about it. I would describe it as a slightly spicy scent. However, it does also have floral and sweet undertones to it. The dry down is gorgeous.
Top notes: Coriander, pimento, plum, anise, mace, rosewood, carnation
Heart notes: Rose, tuberose, ylang-ylang, carnation, cinnamon, jasmine, lily of the valley Base notes: Cedar wood, vetiver, sandalwood, musk, heliotrope, vanilla, opoponax
I can see how it wouldn't be something everybody likes, but it is one fragrance I will always have in my collection. For a modern day comparison I think Euphoria by Calvin Klein is "slightly" comparable to Poison, but honestly Poison is really in a league of its own. I now wear it (sparingly) at night or on cooler days. Sometimes when I'm just at home, I spray a bit on for the nostalgic, cosy feeling it gives me.... yum!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by inglaterra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reformulated skeleton of an 80s powerhouse, so be it. All of our great olfactory heroes are being ignored, overshadowed by juvenile scents.

On me, its a quiet skin scent. 2 hours later and I barely notice anything. But what a two hours!

First blast is coriander, slightly spicy, slightly... herbal? Maybe you smell like you just had a cooking class, so you are primal in a surprisingly unpretentious way. The middle note is a honeyed slight berry-red wine. This note is way, way in the background, and is trumped by a faint Ysatis resemblance. Clean, sexy, organic, dark, evil, like Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider, sweating in Cambodia after slaying the bad guy. :-)

The dry down is a super light ice-covered tuberose. Tuberose! I hate tuberose too, but its not loud, low silage, just beautiful.

Edit: I do get the grape kool-aid element. Grr. But no perfume is perfect, giving us the thrill of the chase! :-)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Smells divine, but you only need the smallest amount applied because it's a very powerful scent. I love this one, and have since it was released.