NYX Single Eye Shadow - Root Beer

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/4/2010 6:47:00 PM

This is a nice brown color that's on the cool side. I love the formula like all NYX single eyeshadows. It is highly pigmented, blends easily and stays put. Packaging is nice aswell. Price is even better. Can't beat it.

on 8/26/2010 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE. This is one of the first NYX eyeshadows I have purchased and they are all fantastic. Its got it all it all texture colour staying power.

on 8/18/2010 12:37:00 AM

OMG, I have found my HG eye shadow. Iím olived skinned NC40-42 with dark brown eyes. I have tried the smokey eye look many times using black, brown, taupe (you name it!) eye shadow. Due to my skin colour taupe and brown will just disappear. Black sometimes can be too harsh and goth like.

So came NYX Root Beer, a wonderful dark gray + taupe + hint of maroon colour. The texture is amazing, makes you look expensive like what said some of the previous review. You can pair this with any white base highlighter and just this colour all over the lid.

Needless to say I love love love love this colour.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I LOVE nyx products and even though this is a great colour, beware, its not for everyone.. infact its not for a lot of people. Its looks scrumptious in the pot but when swatched on the skin, it is more on the ashy side of brown. Its NOT a warm brown or true brown. Some say it isnt taupey but it is. Taupe is grey and brown and thats exactly what this is. Some taupes are warm but this is not. The gal below me said she has cool skin and I think it would be PERFECT for cool skin but I have very warm skin, lots of yellow olive undertone and it DOES NOT look good on me at all. Since ALOT of people have yellow undertone, id opt for another color for a medium brown. I love nyx and I love how this one looks on cool skin and in the pot but definately not for me or most tanned or olive skin people. Hope this review helps!! :)

on 5/19/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

i've been searching for a brown to go with my cool skin tone!!! finally found it!!! this color is fantastic! it looks more grey when you use Milk as a base, but even without milk it's a beautiful color! its like two shadows for the price of one, at least on my skin tone. this goes great with a little black in the crease for a night time look, I went walking in humid san antonio for 40 minutes tonight and my makeup looks as fresh as it did this morning!!! NYX is the stuff of dreams! I cannot wait to try out this shadow with iced mocha! i think it would be the perfect crease shade with iced mocha!!!! i could not be happier with this product :)

jan 2011 -this just in! just tried this as a crease shade with stila's kitten and the result just blew me off my feet! this is the perfect shade to go with kitten!!!!!! i've been looking for something to go as a crease shade and this is a winner! it looks so classy and elegant since this has almost a subtle purple to it. its beautiful, try this!

on 4/26/2010 12:16:00 AM

This is the first NYX eyeshadow I own at the moment. The eyeshadow is really easily to blend and is very pigmented. As that being said... I am looking forward to purchase more NYX shadows in the future since I am so happy with the texture & color of Root Beer.

BTW...The shade is similar to Mac's Satin Taupe.

on 4/12/2010 4:02:00 AM

Root Beer is my go to brown for daily wear ~ outside of the office. I wear it with Champagne and it's a beautiful combo. This is listed as "shimmer", but it looks more matte to me. For the price at cherryculture.com, these shadows are a great value! I will buy NYX single eye shadows again...

on 2/22/2010 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is SUCH a pretty color! It's not really taupe, more like a brown with a hint of plum. It's very understated and I reach for it a lot when I do my makeup in the morning before I go to work. It's very pigmented and not particularly shimmery (I think the NYX website says it has a shimmer).

on 2/9/2010 12:46:00 PM

What a great eyeshadow! After reading so many great reviews, I finally found this at a local shop. It's become my "go to" eyeshadow. For a quick, neutral eye for work, I used to just swipe on some brown eyeshadow. This is a much better alternative for my green eyes. I definitely think it's more of a taupe color. It's easy to use as a quick "wash" but can definitely blend and build with other eyeshadows for a more complete look or can create dramatic looks blending with a range of shades from green to purple to black. Love it!!

on 1/24/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love this color! I have to admit that it looked rather intimidating when I first got it since it is such a rich looking brown. But, it blends nicely and is extremely versatile. I have worn this with purples, pinks, greens, and of course taupeís :-) Excellent color to add to your mix.

Top Rated NYX Products