NYX Slim Eye Pencil - 901 Black

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/12/2013 12:08:00 PM

I've heard great things about NYX products so I was excited when I found a beauty store that had a bunch of them. I'm pretty disappointed though!

I don't remember how much this cost.. i think around 3-4 dollars. At first I thought it was good because it's decently pigmented and smooth / soft.. turns out it has like zero lasting power on me though. Which is a big no no for eyeliner. It smudges quite a bit and dissolves. Mainly just use this to mark where I want my eyeliner to be.. or to just play with makeup at home (when I don't need it to last).

Would not re purchase or suggest to anyone else.

on 4/5/2013 4:03:00 PM

I only wear eyeliner and mascara, and this product gave me a bit of a mixed feeling. At first, for eyebrow use I would definitely recommend it. However, I would not recommend if you want a super-dark eyeliner that will show up. This is more of a "natural" eyeliner look than the exotic look.

on 3/22/2013 7:51:00 PM

Quick highlights: dark, goes on smoothly, doesn't break, lasts long |||||
I love this as an everyday eyeliner. I line my top lids only. This is a great pencil because it's soft and smooth, so it doesn't drag or pull on your eyelids. Even though it's soft, it rarely ever breaks when you sharpen it. It gives me a dark, smooth line and it lasts all day. My only problem with this is that it will smear if touched. Other than that, the perfect liner!

on 3/15/2013 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I didn't like it, it doesn't last at all.

on 3/3/2013 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't like it because it smears onto my lower lashes throughout the day when applied actually on my upper waterline. Disappointed

This is too dark for my eyebrows so I use it as an eyeliner. It works okay as an eyeliner for me. The cool thing about this is it's made to be either an eye liner OR an eyebrow pencil. If I had bought this in a color that matched my eyebrows it would be more useful for me.

on 2/17/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The pencil is smoother and creamier than the drugstore eyeliners I've tried and applies very well, subtly enhancing my lashline, but I've found that the liner migrates to my undereye circles by the end of a long night. I would say that this is decent for the cost, but would recommend trying some liquid or waterproof gel liner if you want something that stays for longer.

on 9/28/2012 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This pencil is very stiff. Maybe mine was too old but i prefer smooth eyeliner pencils that don't drag my lids as im applying it. This was a fail for me at least it was cheap

i really want to like this but its an OK pencil. i got this on a whim at ulta because my daughter had gotten into my makeup bag and broke my maybelline master drama liquid pencil. i don't like using gel liner for my waterline so i picked this up because i needed a new pencil. plus it was 50% off so i thought why not. it works well on my lash line but it literally wore off in like 15 minutes on my waterline. im glad i only got this for 77 cents but will never repurchase this

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got this in black/brown!! It is my Holy Grail eye product. Black looks a little harsh on me, although I have dark features, so black/brown is my perfect match. This also holds up pretty well, is creamy enough and easy to apply. LOVE!<3