Kiehl's Grapefruit Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser

3.7

on 6/5/2008 11:42:00 AM

This is a really good body cleanser. I like the scent and it is very moisturizing.
It's a high quality cleanser I'd definitely repurchase. I use it in the shower, since it's a liquid and not a gel you're supposed to foam it up in the palm before applying it on the body. Or use a shower "sponge".

The only downside is the price. After all, Kiehl's products are pricier than the body cleanser you can get at the supermarket. Still I love this body cleanser. And Grapefruit is a great scent. continued >>

on 5/9/2007 2:03:00 PM

This is my favorite scent out of their body cleanser line. Smells wonderful. The scent is not very strong after you shower so it won't compete with your fragrance. Smell aside, this is a very high quality cleanser and is very gentle too. It's a liquid, not a gel, and it foams up nicely in your palms. It works well with a loofa or poof, but I don't use those because they gross me out. The only bummer is that it can be pricey (for a body cleansing product). It's hard to justify my buying this when my gas bill is so high.

on 3/25/2007 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the hand and body wash version in a pump where 100% of the proceeds went to an Aids charity, and my only regret is that I did not buy more.
This smells incredibly amazing... Love washing my hands in it but seems wasteful just for the sink so I love to use it in the shower. Lathers generously while it cleans away squeaky clean and leaving skin soft.
Love love love this scent!

on 3/8/2007 10:10:00 PM

I LOVE this product. It smells wonderful. It lathers well and is not drying. The lotion and oil do not smell as good though. I keep going back to this.

on 12/5/2006 10:28:00 AM

My HG body cleanser. The scent is light and grapefruity. Enough to add a little pep to the shower but not enough to overpower you for the rest of the day. The wash is "runny" as someone else called it and I would not use it with just my hand because of this. You really need a shower puff. A little bit goes a very long way. I buy the big bottles and they last me up to 6 months. Does not dry out my skin. Wonderful product!

on 6/9/2006 6:20:00 PM

I'm addicted to Korres' shower gel, but I got this as a sample and I love it. It smells so good, and it moisturizes well. It's a bit thin for my liking, but I see no serious flaws. It only gets 4 lippies though because I'm more fond of Korres.

on 5/11/2006 3:36:00 PM

the bottle I bought,
I don't know why it smells like "plastic",
I am not descriobing the "bottle" but contain.
I threw it to trash after left it there standing alone for the past 3 months.

on 11/20/2005 11:57:00 PM

Bought a bottle because of the hype before reading these reviews. I like the scent of grapefruit. Discovered that it smelled great but was runny. I am not going to spend good money on runny shower gel again!

on 9/28/2004 10:19:00 AM

The only thing this smells like is plastic. I didn't detect any grapefruit scent at all. The consistency is much too thin and difficult to lather.

on 8/21/2004 8:15:00 AM

I absolutely love this body cleanser!

It has a wonderfully awakening grapefruit scent which smells good without reminding me of dishwashing liquid.

I also like how it lathers so well with just a small amount, so I suppose at $12 you really are getting your money's worth. (Of course, there will always be something cheaper but of lesser quality).

I also like how it moisturizes my skin but not as effectively as Dove. But it moisturizes nonetheless.

All in all, I love this product.