April 20, 2014 | 884 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Banana Nourishing Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I need a lot of this shampoo to get a decent lather. It smells AMAZING. I purchased this and the conditioner (BOGO-Free) so I spent a total of $8CDN. Unfortunately this shampoo is really drying and leaves my hair lifeless and brutal to comb unless I use a good conditioner. The packaging is fine. I won't buy again though.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by andaonline

It is a nice shampoo. Hair feel good, smells nice too. But it contains not 1 but 5 types of paraben. Not buying it anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by stls

Great smell and pleasant to use, but left my hair dry and hard to style. Didn't work for me unfortunately!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by joc267

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Retails at $18AUD per bottle in Australia.

I have been using the shampoo and conditioner for about a month now and straight up: not worth buying.

The smell is fantastic. It is the banana fruit smell and not the artificial banana candy smell (much to my disappointment actually, but I still like it). However, when my hair dried and I went out a few of my friends said my hair smells like coconut, not banana.

The shampoo cleanses really well. It really did give me a squeaky clean feeling but that consequent lots of tangles.

My expectations weren’t high to begin with and I only bought it because they smell delicious and I have always been curious if The Body Shop hair products were any good. I have used way cheaper supermarket brands (eg Palmolive) and I get the same and/or better results, as well as better and longer lasting smelling hair.

I would not recommend this product unless you like the smell and want to try it out for yourself. 3 out of 5 stars.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by soniya123

Leaves out may hair dry dull and lifeless mostly, dont like it much

2 lippies for smell and eco friendly packaging

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

So at first I was like hmmm..its okay. BUT over time I ended up really liking it and I recently ran out so I am going to buy more! I also use this with the conditioner. This shampoo thoroughly cleans your hair and paired with the conditioner, makes it soft and shiny. It isn't the best as far as performance goes, but I was looking for a protein free, cone free shampoo and this is it. Although it does have Polyquaternium-7 (can turn into formaldehyde) and parabens but overall it does a good job.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I am so thrilled that The Body Shop reintroduced their Banana Shampoo.....it was a favorite of mine in the 1990s and I was shocked when they discontinued it in favor of a new line of shampoos (which are all gone now, of course). I guess they realized their mistake and made the wise decision of bringing it back (I mean seriously, aside from the Banana shampoo & conditioner, a couple of body washes and their White Musk, The Body Shop would have no raison d'etre!) I love the gentleness of this shampoo on my thick, curly hair, the rich conditioning qualities of the formula (with real banana as the 3rd ingredient!) and of course I LOVE the natural banana scent (no banana tafffy here!) I will continue to purchase this shampoo as long as they decide to make it! :-)
PS- I also recommend the companion banana conditioner, which has been reformulated and greatly improved!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Im writing this review as a shampoo and conditioner combine. I have used it this past week, and seriously, so far my hair has been looking and feeling really nice. I know people had some complaints that when used alone its drying, and i cant really comment on that because I use a little conditioner every day, but so far I'm really feeling this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by j_bella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My scalp and hair can get dry if I don't use the right product. From the looks of it, the product in the bottle looks really creamy, which I do love for s&c's. Once I rinse off the shampoo from the my hair, it feels more like a clarifying shampoo. My hair feels squeaky clean. Some people embrace the effect, but I was looking for something more moisturizing. To the Body's Shop's credit, the bottle does state "For All Hair Types," so I should have bought something specifically for dry hair. I just couldn't resist the banana scent though, as there really aren't many banana scented products out there in the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ALINDSEYFLOWER

I really like the shampoo and conditioner. I saw a fellow reviewer talk about how the shampoo makes your hair dry - totally does - you definitely need a conditioner with this shampoo. You don't get a lot of product, but the price is usually right. A lot of the times they have buy 1 get 1 half off or buy 2 get 1 free, which is great! The shampoo hardly lathers though, so if you like lather, I wouldn't recommend this. The conditioner works well (like most conditioners) if you only work it through the ends of your hair, otherwise it can weigh your hair down. Overall, a nice product. Smells EXACTLY like banana popsicle...but once you wash it out you're left with a very subtle scent. Nobody will comment saying your hair smells like bananas :)