The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Shampoo

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Glyceryl Hydroxystearate (Emollient), Lauramide DEA (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Polyquaternium-7 (Hair Conditioner), Stearic Acid (Emulsifier), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Red 4 (Colour) [January 19, 2010]

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

It's one of my favs. I have wavy, rather thick black hair as I am Indian. I find it makes my hair look shiny, glossy and just as good as Frederick's Olive Oil which I cannot afford right now, so I really like it. I have stocked up on two bottles. I use it on my body as well sometimes. It's sooo yummy!

on 8/2/2013 10:41:00 AM

Nom nom nom!
This shampoo smells delicious!
To me, the texture is pretty standard for shampoo- but creamier.

It hydrates and de-tangles hair beautifully.
Even my damaged hair looks glossy after using this product.

on 7/15/2013 8:52:00 PM

The texture is the least thing that I like about it. It really runs like mashed banana smoothie, and smells like rotten banana too. However, it is not at all greasy when applying it to hair, and even without conditioner afterwards, it is still quite smoothing. I have used only half a bottle since this item is so popular it always is difficult to find in store. I kind like it, I usually use this type of shampoo for 3-4 times per week and the icy blue one for the rest of week, my hair is dandruff free, and smooth, shiny.
I overall like the idea of body shop shampoos for no SLS, silicons, so I shall keep purchasing TBS shampoos.

on 6/17/2013 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The only plus of this is that it smelled really really good. It wasn't too fake-banana-y, just a nice, rich, fruity scent. However, this dried out my hair like nobody's business. Also, it's full of sulphates, and although it didn't say it wasn't, I was still disappointed. The bottle was really small too, and the price was a bit high for the quantity.

on 4/20/2013 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

This smells soooooo goooood...I purchased it without even giving it any thought. This shampoo dint do anything for my hair. It made it so rough, unmanageable and gave me lots of tangles. The conditioner dint help much. At just one wash I lost so much hair that equals losing in 3 washes!!! The smell dint even last for an hour. It did give shine but what's the point? I lost so much hair and ended up having it dry and straw-like. I used rusk leave in after that, dint work! Next wash I tried TiGi leave in...dint work!! The last wash I tried Aussie leave in and still dint work... I have lost a LOT of hair now!! I ended up giving the shampoo to my friend who likes it a lot. I am never repurchasing it again. I use the conditioner to wash my cashmere sweaters once a while and they really smell great.

on 1/19/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I need a lot of this shampoo to get a decent lather. It smells AMAZING. I purchased this and the conditioner (BOGO-Free) so I spent a total of $8CDN. Unfortunately this shampoo is really drying and leaves my hair lifeless and brutal to comb unless I use a good conditioner. The packaging is fine. I won't buy again though.

on 12/26/2012 12:02:00 PM

It is a nice shampoo. Hair feel good, smells nice too. But it contains not 1 but 5 types of paraben. Not buying it anymore.

on 9/22/2012 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Great smell and pleasant to use, but left my hair dry and hard to style. Didn't work for me unfortunately!

on 8/14/2012 9:05:00 AM

Retails at $18AUD per bottle in Australia.

I have been using the shampoo and conditioner for about a month now and straight up: not worth buying.

The smell is fantastic. It is the banana fruit smell and not the artificial banana candy smell (much to my disappointment actually, but I still like it). However, when my hair dried and I went out a few of my friends said my hair smells like coconut, not banana.

The shampoo cleanses really well. It really did give me a squeaky clean feeling but that consequent lots of tangles.

My expectations weren’t high to begin with and I only bought it because they smell delicious and I have always been curious if The Body Shop hair products were any good. I have used way cheaper supermarket brands (eg Palmolive) and I get the same and/or better results, as well as better and longer lasting smelling hair.

I would not recommend this product unless you like the smell and want to try it out for yourself. 3 out of 5 stars.

on 6/6/2012 7:50:00 PM

Leaves out may hair dry dull and lifeless mostly, dont like it much

2 lippies for smell and eco friendly packaging