August 1, 2014 | 1775 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Banana Nourishing Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by papercrane97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The only plus of this is that it smelled really really good. It wasn't too fake-banana-y, just a nice, rich, fruity scent. However, this dried out my hair like nobody's business. Also, it's full of sulphates, and although it didn't say it wasn't, I was still disappointed. The bottle was really small too, and the price was a bit high for the quantity.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Nandana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smells soooooo goooood...I purchased it without even giving it any thought. This shampoo dint do anything for my hair. It made it so rough, unmanageable and gave me lots of tangles. The conditioner dint help much. At just one wash I lost so much hair that equals losing in 3 washes!!! The smell dint even last for an hour. It did give shine but what's the point? I lost so much hair and ended up having it dry and straw-like. I used rusk leave in after that, dint work! Next wash I tried TiGi leave in...dint work!! The last wash I tried Aussie leave in and still dint work... I have lost a LOT of hair now!! I ended up giving the shampoo to my friend who likes it a lot. I am never repurchasing it again. I use the conditioner to wash my cashmere sweaters once a while and they really smell great.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I need a lot of this shampoo to get a decent lather. It smells AMAZING. I purchased this and the conditioner (BOGO-Free) so I spent a total of $8CDN. Unfortunately this shampoo is really drying and leaves my hair lifeless and brutal to comb unless I use a good conditioner. The packaging is fine. I won't buy again though.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by andaonline

It is a nice shampoo. Hair feel good, smells nice too. But it contains not 1 but 5 types of paraben. Not buying it anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by stls

Great smell and pleasant to use, but left my hair dry and hard to style. Didn't work for me unfortunately!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by joc267

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Retails at $18AUD per bottle in Australia.

I have been using the shampoo and conditioner for about a month now and straight up: not worth buying.

The smell is fantastic. It is the banana fruit smell and not the artificial banana candy smell (much to my disappointment actually, but I still like it). However, when my hair dried and I went out a few of my friends said my hair smells like coconut, not banana.

The shampoo cleanses really well. It really did give me a squeaky clean feeling but that consequent lots of tangles.

My expectations weren’t high to begin with and I only bought it because they smell delicious and I have always been curious if The Body Shop hair products were any good. I have used way cheaper supermarket brands (eg Palmolive) and I get the same and/or better results, as well as better and longer lasting smelling hair.

I would not recommend this product unless you like the smell and want to try it out for yourself. 3 out of 5 stars.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by soniya123

Leaves out may hair dry dull and lifeless mostly, dont like it much

2 lippies for smell and eco friendly packaging

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

So at first I was like hmmm..its okay. BUT over time I ended up really liking it and I recently ran out so I am going to buy more! I also use this with the conditioner. This shampoo thoroughly cleans your hair and paired with the conditioner, makes it soft and shiny. It isn't the best as far as performance goes, but I was looking for a protein free, cone free shampoo and this is it. Although it does have Polyquaternium-7 (can turn into formaldehyde) and parabens but overall it does a good job.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I am so thrilled that The Body Shop reintroduced their Banana Shampoo.....it was a favorite of mine in the 1990s and I was shocked when they discontinued it in favor of a new line of shampoos (which are all gone now, of course). I guess they realized their mistake and made the wise decision of bringing it back (I mean seriously, aside from the Banana shampoo & conditioner, a couple of body washes and their White Musk, The Body Shop would have no raison d'etre!) I love the gentleness of this shampoo on my thick, curly hair, the rich conditioning qualities of the formula (with real banana as the 3rd ingredient!) and of course I LOVE the natural banana scent (no banana tafffy here!) I will continue to purchase this shampoo as long as they decide to make it! :-)
PS- I also recommend the companion banana conditioner, which has been reformulated and greatly improved!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Im writing this review as a shampoo and conditioner combine. I have used it this past week, and seriously, so far my hair has been looking and feeling really nice. I know people had some complaints that when used alone its drying, and i cant really comment on that because I use a little conditioner every day, but so far I'm really feeling this stuff.