NYX Ultra Pearl Mania

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Mica (and) Iron Oxides (and) Titanium Dioxide

I wear this every day! I can't get enough! The nude is so pretty! The black blends well! By far my favorite shadow! I just wish it came in a better jar that's easier to put your brush into oppose to putting it on the counter

on 10/9/2013 5:34:00 AM

I purchased these from eBay AU $12 for a set of 8 beautiful colours. Swatching them on my hand straight off was a bit disappointing as I thought the colour pay off was pretty much completely sheer. UNTIL I used some mac fix+ on a shader brush, dipped it into the bottle and the colour payoff was absolutely amazing! One of the colours I purchased () looks like liquid gold when wet with fix+. 100% happy with these pigments and will definitely be buying more colours. I agree with other reviews about the packaging the opening is a little small but all of my shader brushes fit in easily as you only need a tiny bit of product as it goes a long way, but the packaging is not terrible. Happy happy happy :) and soooo cheap!

on 7/4/2013 1:50:00 PM

such beautiful colors! I bought LP29 True Purple because it seemed similar to UD's AC/DC, and LP25 Grass. I swatched it four times on my hand and each method made the result a little different! 1. No primer, bleh. 2. Over a shimmery cream eyeshadow 3. Over a stick primer 4. Over the same primer, wet. My favorite for LP29 is over the shimmery cream shadow, it's gorgeous! But all are different, make sure to play with them :)

on 2/11/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I took one lippie off since the packaging is very poor. I took another lippie off since it gets everywhere and it is very messy. I think I will just stick with pressed shadows. I will not repurchase.

on 12/11/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love these little guys. Purchased off cherryculture.com as NYX is hard to come by in Canada. I want to say they were $2-3 plus there was a sale, can't go wrong! I have an array of colors, haven't found one I didn't like. Pigmentation is great and price is fabulous. Have to say it beats the $22 pigments MAC sells. The only thing I don't like is the crappy jar it comes in. It has a tiny opening and an awkward cap, so you have to either change out the pots or place a little on a tissue or pallette or something. Even with the strange packaging, I will purchase again and again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Much to my surprise I actually like this. I had bought it on a whim at Ulta because NYX products had been buy one, get one half off. So I saw these and thought, why not? and bought them in white and the lightest pink.
The packaging does confuse me because I really don't understand HOW I'm supposed to use it, but I understand why it is was it is. These are multi-purpose and I think NYX shows that well by not packaging it differently; that being said, it's still pretty bothersome, haha.
Anyway, I use this as a highlighter and much appreciate its cute glow and staying power.

on 11/19/2012 12:48:00 PM

These pigments are wonderful! Applying these over primer and/or a cream eyeshadow is easy and gives amazing payoff and lasting power. There aren't many pigments I've used that have had such true color from container to eyelid and maintaining that color over the day.

The color selection is good, the price is great, sales definitely make them affordable to stock up on, but the containers aren't great. Often, you'll see them re-homed into twist-top containers with or without a sifter lid. The neck is too small to fit most brushes in to pick up the pigment and there's no place to pour it out in the packaging for easy use without wasting a lot of product.

on 8/28/2012 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love these! I have four of these, and then one of the glitter mania ones. My faveorite is Penny pearl. I love it! None of these crease, fade, have chunks of glitter, or go on patchy. Also, the color payoff is great. They're so pigmented! And they're 2.99 each, which isn't bad at all. They look really small, but they contain a lot of product. My only issue with these is the packaging. They're not very convienent to use, as many other reviews have said. But for the quality, I can easily overlook that.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

They’re very minitiature-sized. You’ll have to be careful not to waste any product. But the eyeshadow itself makes up for that. I got it in white and nude. White is (surprise surprise) a nice shimmery white and nude is a soft golden color. Both are perfect to create a subtle look with a bit of sparkle. Or to use as highlighter. And you could even use this eyeshadow to give matte eyeshadow a bit of shimmer . A lovely multi-purpose product!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Most of us know NYX products can be hit or miss. I normally don't buy loose shadows due to the mess. However, I received two of these shadows as extras in a swap and I now absolutely love them! First of all, they are super pigmented over primer. I use Lorac eye primer and these pigments last all day and stay true to color. I experienced no fallout or fading. Why pay more for MAC when NYX provides the same quality for loose shadows!