April 18, 2014 | 1957 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by muaKissAndMakeUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They’re very minitiature-sized. You’ll have to be careful not to waste any product. But the eyeshadow itself makes up for that. I got it in white and nude. White is (surprise surprise) a nice shimmery white and nude is a soft golden color. Both are perfect to create a subtle look with a bit of sparkle. Or to use as highlighter. And you could even use this eyeshadow to give matte eyeshadow a bit of shimmer . A lovely multi-purpose product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Most of us know NYX products can be hit or miss. I normally don't buy loose shadows due to the mess. However, I received two of these shadows as extras in a swap and I now absolutely love them! First of all, they are super pigmented over primer. I use Lorac eye primer and these pigments last all day and stay true to color. I experienced no fallout or fading. Why pay more for MAC when NYX provides the same quality for loose shadows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I own about fifteen colors of the NYX Ultra Pearl Mania shadows, and I love them all!!

For best color payoff, as a previous reviewer stated, when used as an eyeshadow they should be applied over a primer **and** a base (I use the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil as a base - either in "Milk" OR a color that matches the Ultra Pearl Mania shade I'm using).

It's best to "pack," not "sweep" these on. You can also foil them - but test the color first when applying wet! The colors can change quite a bit when wet, as I discovered when foiling the color "Orange Zest" - it went a bit too red for the look I was doing when I wet it.

Applied dry, on "bare" lids, the application is quite sheer and can be very pretty.

You can also blend shades to create a whole new color, if you're adventurous!

Like others have said, the bottles are annoying. I haven't repackaged mine, but I have found that if I tip the closed bottle upside down, then right-side up, there is enough product inside the cap for me to use.

If I'm planning to foil the product, I use a plastic painter's palette I bought at Joann's. It's about 7" in diameter, and has10 wells around the outside edge, and a flat well in the center. It cost about 1.00 (and it's top-rack dishwasher safe!) I tap a small amount of the Ultra Pearl Mania from the jar into one of the wells. (The flatter well in the center of the palette is great for liquid foundation, if you like to apply it with a brush).

All in all, I love the NYX Ultra Pearl Mania shadows - a great bargain!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got three of these in Lilac, Baby Pink, and Pearl and they are really shimmery when applied to the lid. I use UD Primer Potion first so that the powder has something to adhere to and to keep in it place all day. Really pretty and you just can't beat the price!! I did depot these into little round containers for easier access and I make sure that when i dip my brush in that i tap it off before applying to get the right amount on my eyelid. You really get a lot of product in those little jars too, and a little goes a looong way, so I will have these for a while. I may even go get more colors soon! Love these <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by cyens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These little eyeshadow are great. And don't get fooled by the size of the vial, it contains a lot of product. The colors look best when applied wet and have a somewhat good staying power.
The packaging is horrible and is impossible to get any product out of the vial.The pigments are so finely mill, it tends to fly all over the place really easily, so for this reason, I decided to press all my pearl mania into a pan using EZ press. I find pressing them help with application and ease of use. For the price, you can't go wrong but I prefer NYX eyeshadow in pot form.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

The packaging is AWFUL!! The bottles look cute, but getting any out is just a mess. However, you can get the little sifter jars to empty them into for pretty cheap.

I spray a bit of MAC Fix+ on my brush and then pick up the product that way to avoid a ton of fallout. The only issue I have with it is it practically stains my eyelids! But a little scrubbing and the issue is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by raspberrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love love these! They're super vibrant and the colors are gorgeous. They really do have to have a primer though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Important that readers understand this is a review from a pro artist 20 years in the industry. How can anyone go wrong with these at £2.50, pro artists also receive 25% discount according to criteria. Problem is many people do not know how to work with pigments, They will not last without the area being primed first, As this is a NYX review,I also use either a water or silicon based primer depending on the chosen product. Begin with an all over primer, for the eyes try the eye shadow base, I prefer the white, or the new NYX HD eye primer. I actually much prefer these shadows to the chrome pigments. I'm trying to give practical advise when I say JUMBO PENCILS ARE NOT PRIMERS, they are waxy, if you want to use them place a primer first. I often use the nude, pearl or white pearl, to hi light under the brow bone or cheek bone, they work nicely just on top of NYX cream blush, which I adore, as good as Mac.Its all about the preparation, grab some cream blush, You will not be disappointed, a fraction goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by kristymcn92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore these eye shadows. These are some of the best quality loose eye shadows I have come across and they're drugstore brand for only $2 at Ulta! These are even comparable to MAC in my opinion, but for 1/10th of the price! These are really pigmented and gorgeous and blend like a dream. I've always had gripes about drugstore brands not carrying fun eye shadow shades, or if they did it would be someone like Maybelline that I couldn't buy from because they tested on animals. NYX doesn't test on animals, has this amazing product, and is one of the cheapest brands out there. What more could you ask for?

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Alissab123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought these because I thought they looked pretty but I didn't really like the product all that much. Very messy. I ended up putting it into a contact case and even then very messy. I bought the white and the pink colors, the pink do not look anything like it did on the outside but the white was pretty true to color. It was okay but I will definatly not be purchasing this again. Total waste of money.