October 21, 2014 | 819 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

Much to my surprise I actually like this. I had bought it on a whim at Ulta because NYX products had been buy one, get one half off. So I saw these and thought, why not? and bought them in white and the lightest pink.
The packaging does confuse me because I really don't understand HOW I'm supposed to use it, but I understand why it is was it is. These are multi-purpose and I think NYX shows that well by not packaging it differently; that being said, it's still pretty bothersome, haha.
Anyway, I use this as a highlighter and much appreciate its cute glow and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

These pigments are wonderful! Applying these over primer and/or a cream eyeshadow is easy and gives amazing payoff and lasting power. There aren't many pigments I've used that have had such true color from container to eyelid and maintaining that color over the day.

The color selection is good, the price is great, sales definitely make them affordable to stock up on, but the containers aren't great. Often, you'll see them re-homed into twist-top containers with or without a sifter lid. The neck is too small to fit most brushes in to pick up the pigment and there's no place to pour it out in the packaging for easy use without wasting a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I love these! I have four of these, and then one of the glitter mania ones. My faveorite is Penny pearl. I love it! None of these crease, fade, have chunks of glitter, or go on patchy. Also, the color payoff is great. They're so pigmented! And they're 2.99 each, which isn't bad at all. They look really small, but they contain a lot of product. My only issue with these is the packaging. They're not very convienent to use, as many other reviews have said. But for the quality, I can easily overlook that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by muaKissAndMakeUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They’re very minitiature-sized. You’ll have to be careful not to waste any product. But the eyeshadow itself makes up for that. I got it in white and nude. White is (surprise surprise) a nice shimmery white and nude is a soft golden color. Both are perfect to create a subtle look with a bit of sparkle. Or to use as highlighter. And you could even use this eyeshadow to give matte eyeshadow a bit of shimmer . A lovely multi-purpose product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Most of us know NYX products can be hit or miss. I normally don't buy loose shadows due to the mess. However, I received two of these shadows as extras in a swap and I now absolutely love them! First of all, they are super pigmented over primer. I use Lorac eye primer and these pigments last all day and stay true to color. I experienced no fallout or fading. Why pay more for MAC when NYX provides the same quality for loose shadows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I own about fifteen colors of the NYX Ultra Pearl Mania shadows, and I love them all!!

For best color payoff, as a previous reviewer stated, when used as an eyeshadow they should be applied over a primer **and** a base (I use the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil as a base - either in "Milk" OR a color that matches the Ultra Pearl Mania shade I'm using).

It's best to "pack," not "sweep" these on. You can also foil them - but test the color first when applying wet! The colors can change quite a bit when wet, as I discovered when foiling the color "Orange Zest" - it went a bit too red for the look I was doing when I wet it.

Applied dry, on "bare" lids, the application is quite sheer and can be very pretty.

You can also blend shades to create a whole new color, if you're adventurous!

Like others have said, the bottles are annoying. I haven't repackaged mine, but I have found that if I tip the closed bottle upside down, then right-side up, there is enough product inside the cap for me to use.

If I'm planning to foil the product, I use a plastic painter's palette I bought at Joann's. It's about 7" in diameter, and has10 wells around the outside edge, and a flat well in the center. It cost about 1.00 (and it's top-rack dishwasher safe!) I tap a small amount of the Ultra Pearl Mania from the jar into one of the wells. (The flatter well in the center of the palette is great for liquid foundation, if you like to apply it with a brush).

All in all, I love the NYX Ultra Pearl Mania shadows - a great bargain!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got three of these in Lilac, Baby Pink, and Pearl and they are really shimmery when applied to the lid. I use UD Primer Potion first so that the powder has something to adhere to and to keep in it place all day. Really pretty and you just can't beat the price!! I did depot these into little round containers for easier access and I make sure that when i dip my brush in that i tap it off before applying to get the right amount on my eyelid. You really get a lot of product in those little jars too, and a little goes a looong way, so I will have these for a while. I may even go get more colors soon! Love these <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by cyens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These little eyeshadow are great. And don't get fooled by the size of the vial, it contains a lot of product. The colors look best when applied wet and have a somewhat good staying power.
The packaging is horrible and is impossible to get any product out of the vial.The pigments are so finely mill, it tends to fly all over the place really easily, so for this reason, I decided to press all my pearl mania into a pan using EZ press. I find pressing them help with application and ease of use. For the price, you can't go wrong but I prefer NYX eyeshadow in pot form.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

The packaging is AWFUL!! The bottles look cute, but getting any out is just a mess. However, you can get the little sifter jars to empty them into for pretty cheap.

I spray a bit of MAC Fix+ on my brush and then pick up the product that way to avoid a ton of fallout. The only issue I have with it is it practically stains my eyelids! But a little scrubbing and the issue is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by raspberrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love love these! They're super vibrant and the colors are gorgeous. They really do have to have a primer though.