L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

I really liked this when I first tried it. It gives great medium coverage and sets to a nice sort of velvet finish. However this breaks me out quite badly which sucks. Also the lasting power isn't that great and it has very little oil control. Not a bad foundation just not perfect for me !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Bought at: Walgreens
Price: $9.79 before tax
Finish: Natural/Satin
Color: W1 Porcelain

First, I recommend picking this up when Walgreens/CVS have a L'Oreal products on sale. I definitely wouldn't pay $10+ for this (the price of drugstore foundations everywhere seem to be going up). I like this foundation. It does blend well, as it's name suggests. Most days I wear this without a primer and I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk flat-top foundation brush. I have apply it with my fingers before in a patting/rolling motion as well and it worked fine. I also applied it with my Beauty Blender, but since this is a thinner/watery foundation I don't recommend using a sponge. My skin has been pretty good recently, although I have a lot of redness across my cheeks and forehead. This has pretty good coverage and evens out my redness. I would put this around a light-to-medium coverage. I set it with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and it lasts most of the day without issue (obviously I have to blot or touch up with powder since I have very oily skin, but I don't think most people would have to worry about that). I didn't find that this broke out my sensitive, acne-prone skin at all - which is saying something! Now I regret that I put off trying this foundation for so long. It has become my new favorite. I can't give it a full 5 lippies though because of the price and the fact that there isn't a pump for it. I did buy a pump for the Maybelline Matte & Poreless foundation off of the BeautyMP website and was pleasantly surprised to discover that the pump fit the True Match foundation bottle!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

UPDATE: alright.. I gotta change my rating on this foundation. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it's definitely making me break out. Holy MOLY I have pimples all over my face! I actually just threw the rest of the foundation out.. I think it made me break out a couple years ago too. Anyways, I'm going back to Makeup Forever HD.

You know what, I like this foundation. ive used it a few years back and recently went back to it because I'm struggling financially and can't afford to keep buying my fave Makeup Forever HD foundation. I needed a good drugstore foundation for the time being, so I went back to the L'oreal True Match in W3. I have combo skin, so I have to use a primer and set this well with a powder as it is quite wattery and can get a little oily throughout the day. BUT The finish is nice and natural, and like the title says, it's super-blendable :) The only two things I don't like is the packaging (I prefer pumps) and the fact that it's $20 here in Vancouver... sometimes I can find it for $16, but that's a lucky find... I was thinking I may as well go back to the HD foundation haha.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Yes yes yes!! I've been using the product for YEARS and it still is one of my favorite foundations. The formula is amazing and feels great on my skin. I've gotten compliments on this foundation more than my high end products. Highly recommend this product if you're looking for an cheaper alternative to expensive liquid foundation.

I have drier skin, and while I applaud Loreal for their variety of colors, this staff cracks on my face. I heard so much praise for this foundation, I'm disappointed.

This foundation is ok,I just hate how there is no pump and how the product can get so messy.I like the concept that it has a undertone matching system which knocks out Many options.For me I love how the foundation is natural looking and it's medium to full coverage.I have gotten lighter but sadly W3 and W4 are too dark for me.W2 is ok but still too light.I wish they had a W2.5 or something in between .This is great foundation for teenagers since it isn't so cakey and natural.Ive been wearing this since high school and it does wonders.But now that I'm older I moved on to other foundations but this comes handy a few times if you don't want to use your holy grail foundation.

**UPDATED REVIEW**
I am happy with this foundation, very natural and isn't thick or cakey. It suits my skin and compliments my skin. Stays on and doesn't slide off etc. Very happy with this product

I recently purchased this and tried it for the first time. I was looking for a new foundation to try as currently my foundations/bb creams are way too dark for me right now. Im originally from Australia and have been living in The Netherlands for the past year and my skin tone is very pale at the moment so they don't match me and it's currently winter here, I have oily skin and have to be careful with certain products and moisturisers but at the moment my skin is the opposite I am not used to Dutch Winters.

I purchased this foundation on sale and matched it to my skin tone. I also purchased the powder to go with it. I only went out to certain family friend's houses for coffee and cake (very popular here in Holland) and I was happy with the way my make up looked on my skin and didn't crack or slide off. I do want to see how it holds up If i'm out and about, that is the main test.

I wouldn't normally buy L'oreal as it is expensive in Australia. Even though it's known as a "drugstore product" the prices are ridiculous. Seeing as it was on sale here in Holland and worked out I would be saving money I thought "Why not".

I used this throughout highschool and it was my holy grail foundation. So I recently decided to revisit this holy grail foundation of mine and nothing has changed.

Medium buildable coverage with a satin finish (I say it's satin but I have very dry skin so it might be different for others). Never had any issues with it caking up on my skin. Blushes and bronzers blend easily on top.

Best applied with a damp makeup sponge like a Beauty Blender or drugstore alternatives of it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've had this for a year. January 15'-January 16' I have acne-prone, oily skin, and I live in Texas. This is my deep winter foundation. I forget about it spring/summer/fall. It's great for dry skin, and doesn't melt in cold temperatures. I bought this after Maybelline fitme gave me a terrible break out, and I wanted a foundation that would not give me acne! This foundation doesn't break me out, but it does not last long. Breaks throughout the day are needed to make sure this foundation hasn't moved around too much.

This foundation is blendable, you can't feel it on your face. I'm not sure what the finish is..not quite matte, but not all the way dewy. My face looks brighter with this on, but I can't detect any microshimmer (thank goodness). Setting this with powder is a must or it will not last.

For me this is over rated as hell. Sure, it has a nice colour selection...but no other redeeming features for me. Thin, transfers and just doesn't last. Barely any coverage but still can look cakes? Maybe I used the wrong type of primer/application or something. Will give it another go and edit in anything extra.