October 31, 2014 | 1537 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by ecall1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was lured in by the promise of drugstore yellow toned foundations. The W2 was not that yellow at all to me, more pale peach. It looked chalky, pooled in pores, and didn't wear well throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by malcontent

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My biggest challenge with foundation has always been an accurate color match. I'm naturally very fair, and I began using Prescriptives in my teens. I wore the lightest shade of Y/O. However, Prescriptives would often discontinue the shades light enough to work for me and paying for "custom" matches was not always possible. I tried other brands, such as Shiseido. Again, I found that the lightest shades in the range would get discontinued with such frequency that I was unable to have a consistent match. At some point, the color ranges in the drugstore improved, and I began to wear this L'Oreal product because it was inexpensive, easy to find, and the lightest shade in the warm range was quite a close match for me. I have used other non-drugstore foundations from Nars, Stila, Clinique, and MFE and so on. Again, it is very, very hard for me to find a good color match, and often the lightest shade in a range will appear to be an ugly orange against my skin. The only exception was the Nars foundation I tried which seemed chalky and white. So, I've been loyal to the L'Oreal for years due to the sheer, yellowish color available in W1.

That said, I have my reservations. The color match is good and the product applies thinly. It is doing nothing, however, for my dry skin. Though I moisturize and use primer, this particular foundation will highlight any slight dryness or flakiness. (I apply in strong natural light with a magnifying mirror, so I suppose I'm quite critical of any texture issues.) So, I think maybe this foundation was better when I was a bit younger and my skin texture was very youthful rather than now when it is "maturing." For reference, I'm 38, and while I do not have wrinkles or crow's feet, I do have slightly enlarged pores on my upper cheeks combined with generally dry-ish/dehydrated skin that needs finely-texured products, thin sheer application, and careful blending/buffing to look its best. This foundation tends to dry quickly on my skin, before I can finish buffing it out to the perfect texture. I also feel that it does not last long, though that may be an artifact of my dry skin. If I care particularly how I look that day, the product will need to be washed off and re-applied after 4-6 hours.

Given all this, while I'll keep it around, I may go back to searching for a good color match in a higher-end foundation more suited for dry or maturing skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by parishg

First of all, the colour range for this product is amazing, there really is a shade for everyone! I always buy two shades of every product for when I'm my natural pale skin tone, and for when I am tanned. I bought this product in the shades W1 and W4. I actually used this product a few years ago when it first came out and I was still at school, as it is drugstore and very affordable, I thought it was okay at the time, not incredible! I then recently started hearing amazing reviews about how amazing this foundation is, holy grail foundations for some! So I thought I would give it another go as it's not pricey so was worth a try. The consistency is very runny, this makes it very easy to blend which is great, however I find the coverage isn't too good as a result of this! I've heard many people say that it's very 'buildable' however I would disagree, one layer is enough, any more and it starts to look very cakey and patchy! I was a little underwhelmed by this foundation as I was expecting something pretty great to get all these reviews! I first used the Benefit Porefessional primer under this foundation, and it really did not work, it was clinging to my dry patches (I actually have quite oily skin). However, I didn't want to give up on it straight away, so I tried using a thicker moisturiser on my face and tried a different primer. I used the Smashbox Photo Finish primer, and the foundation went on a lot easier, and looked a lot smoother! It doesn't offer a lot of coverage, I think if you have any blemishes or under eye darkness, you definitely need to use a good concealer with this. This product doesn't last very long, I always set my foundation with a powder, however within an hour or so I found that my skin started looking very shiny and oily! After a few hours my face just looked patchy and shiny, no amount of blotting or powder could fix that! I wish I could have written a better review about this product as I had very high hopes for it! It's a good foundation, however you have to prep and prime your skin well for it to work, and it you're looking for a long wearing foundation, I don't think this is for you! I will not be buying this product again in hurry.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by celina5847

It has freakin sparkles in it!!! Micro sparkles very noticable if you are outside in daylight.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by ACVR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure how I feel about this product. I remember the first bottle I bought was perfect! The color and the finish was great, but now with my second bottle it looks more pale (but that is probably beucase I am more tan now) and it looks so cakey! I don't know what happened. I thought it was because of the powder, since I'm using another one (Loreal true match powder) that I dislike, because Ithink that's what's making it look cakey as hell, but I used the foundation on its own to see it it really was the powders fault, but no it still looks bad with or without powder. Last time I buy both of this product. Also, no pump, blah.

L'oreal, you have failed me, big time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lotusxflowerxbomb

I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff!! I love it because it makes my skin look clear and it covers all the blemishes that I want to hide. But I hate the bottle it comes in. When it's getting low you gotta like pour it out or tip it upside down, it's just kind of a pain in the booty. I also noticed that it creates creases and makes me look like I have under eye wrinkles, which is not what I am aiming for..... Buuuut, I noticed that if you apply another foundation over this one, it gets better which is what I do anyway because this foundation also shows up orange and blotchy... But I still rate this stuff a 4 out of 5 because of the coverage. I don't even need concealer, yet i still apply it because I am self conscious about my under eye dark circles...I would definitely recommend this makeup but be sure you find your right shade because it will show up orange if you get one that is too dark...

UPDATE: **** so I decided to try using a shade lighter than the one I had previously been using... I had the W4 Natural Beige at first but it looked too dark on me & made me look like one of those girls with the orange tans. Now I use the W3 & it looks a lot better. Now I rate this a 5 out of 5.. the creasing gets better when you moisturize first! This stuff makes me look clear & flawless :) It also has sunscreen so that's a plus!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by kristenceline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hands down, THE best drugstore foundation.
Great medium/build-able coverage, reasonable colour selection, amazing price, demi- matte finish (matte if set with powder).
It is the one foundation that doesn't contribute to worsen acne-prone skin.
Only down side is, the staying power is quite weak.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kaylatrouble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is absolutely a wonder. I apply it with my fingers (freshly washed ones, of course). Also, applying it with your fingers may take longer than using a foundation brush, but the foundation looks much much better when applied with fingers. It is full-coverage, and provides a flawless finish. I constantly get compliments on my foundation, and people are blown away when I tell them I use a foundation that can be bought at a drugstore. They always assume it is some pricey foundation only found at Sephora. Nope, L'Oreal is just that good! I have used this product for years and will never be changing foundations. My shade is W4, and I use the W4 powder (which is also amazing) to set the foundation so it lasts all day. This foundation is absolute perfection, and I recommend it to all girls!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this foundation, but I don't think it works with my skin type.

I am very fair (W1 because N1 is a smidge too dark for me) with normal-to-dry skin. I am normally a tinted moisturizer wearer, but wanted to use this for days when I wanted more coverage. Also, my buying options are generally limited, especially at the drugstore, because of my skintone, so major props for the shade range (which many companies fail to provide because, of course, more shade options means spending more money. hashtag corporations)

It did give me the enhanced coverage I was looking for and I think it can be built up to near-full. But even with a lighter layer, I felt like there was heavy product on my face (using a beauty blender). It also dried to a very powdery finish on me which I don't personally prefer.

I do give the Lumi alternative high marks, but, again, the lightest shade is too dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by LJorg

For me, this was an amazing product because I got lucky and grabbed the right color on the first try. I wanted to get C1, but they were all out, and it looked far too pink anyway, so I grabbed N1.

I've never found a foundation (Revlon, MAC, Maybelline, Lancome, Estee Lauder, etc.) which matched me so perfectly! Everything else has always been far too yellow, a touch too pink, or just a little bit too dark (even in the lightest shade), so I was ecstatic to find one which finally worked.

There was no oxidation issues, no breakouts, and it stayed on fairly well.

The medium coverage worked just fine for me. If you want full coverage, this probably isn't for you.

The only issue is that it might have dried my skin out a little bit. Normally, I have combination skin, but my skin seems a bit more dry and less oily since I've started wearing it though. Still an excellent foundation for me!