December 19, 2014 | 1186 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by p206p206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I had a version with a pump so it was easy to use however I used it few times only and then gave it away. The product is runny and blendable BUT it stays on up to 1h. I have combination skin, oily T Zone and dru U-zone. I always apply foundation on U only because of my pink cheeks. This stuff didn't want to stay there. It's like it does not set! I tried with primers with no primers,, with powder on top. It worked only when I put it alone. I always use moisturizer so this way the product is useless for me. The pros are price and shade range (I had W1) because are in warm and cool tones. I usually use MAC studio fix (NC15) and its my HG. Just after studio fix is Revlon Colorstay. L'oreal true match is a BIG NO from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by gemma2802

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, I am going to start this review off by saying this is the best drugstore foundation I have ever used. It's amazing, after using it I don't think I can really go back to anything else; I'm so in love. I think I may even prefer this to my MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation, it has a slightly lighter coverage (although the coverage of this foundation is very good) and is a much cheaper dupe!
I mostly use the shade C1 Rose Ivory (European match), however I have used N1 Ivory in the past, and both shades are perfect for my fair skin. The name "True Match" is so perfect for me, I think C1 is the best match I've ever had! I have dry and very sensitive skin, and I do not find this drying at all, nor does this make my skin react at all which is great. It lasts all day for me, and I don't need to reapply, however if I was going out in the evening again I would reapply it.
I always use this foundation with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in the Transparent Shade 001 just to keep things matte and in place, however the formula isn't so shiny that you couldn't wear it without a powder, but it's just personal preference. I then usually will apply my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer over problematic areas. With these three I get a perfect looking skin, and I'd have to say most of it is due to the incredible texture and coverage of the foundation.
I find this foundation is super blendable, you can work with a light coverage with just half a pump, or a more full coverage with 1-2 pumps. It always blends right into my skin tone, and I usually apply it with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, however it is possible to use a Beauty Blender or your fingers as well.
Overall, this product is absolutely amazing. I'd definitely recommend it to someone with dry-normal skin, and definitely advise you to test the colours first as they have such a wide range to look through. My favourite foundation that I'm yet to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by 19360

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i wouldn't buy this again, but this product wasn't so bad. it oxidized horribly after a mere hour, but if i'm just going up the street or something i can slap this stuff on. for me, it works better with a primer or something beforehand and a setting powder after. it gets really greasy really quickly without a setting powder. for skin like mine (sensitive combination - really oily in the t-zone) it's frustrating. fortunately, i had no reaction to this product. it also offers really decent coverage. i think this product might be suited more for people with drier skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by OShaugnessy7Thelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

By far one of my favorite foundations to use everyday most either don't cover enough or are the wrong pigment (make me look orange or pale) or they are too thick and i feel like i've put frosting on my face :( but this really has the perfect consistency and covers all my imperfections.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Marasdoe51

Beautiful and natural looking are the best two words to describe this foundation. The pigmentation is wonderful I have Rosacea and it covers all my redness. Also a little bit defiantly goes a long way.. However, it can oxidize and later give an orange tint, (These are jsut personal experiences of mine and with certain brushes it can get a little cakey. I found that it works best with just using your fingers. This is for right now my favorite drugstore foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a foundation junkie. I am always looking for the next best thing, because I am never really completely satisfied with all of the foundations I've tried. Estee Lauder DoubleWear is my favorite because I desire a long-wearing foundation that evens my skintone and it does that. Still, I keep looking. Anyway, L'Oreal makes a lot of claims about this product, the main ones being: you WILL find your match and you will be flawless (those are my words, although they basically state it another way). With 33 or so shades to choose from, spread across 3 different skin undertones, one would think that there would be no way that you don't find a match. Yet and still, when watching various YouTube reviews on this foundation I came across more than one where the reviewer stated that the color closest to her complexion was still "slightly off" or, in the case of some women of color reviewers, they had to mix colors to find an acceptable shade. I personally refuse to mix anything to suit me, either it's going to work as formulated or it's a no-go. Anyway, I'm typically MAC NC44 (fall/winter/spring)/NW43 (summer) so I grabbed W7 in this. My general impression is that it's not a bad foundation at all, and I'm sure that many will find it to work really well for them. It is pretty thin, but offers light to medium buildable coverage. I tend to get dry on certain areas of my face in the colder months and I find that I have to moisturize really well before wearing this (or any) liquid foundation because those dry areas tend to be emphasized by foundation. I did not have oxidation problems, nor did it transfer onto clothing. Then again, I am wearing it in these colder months and can't yet testify to what it will do once it gets warm out. Overall, it is a decent foundation, especially for a drugstore brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Dramos620

I am very picking!! I tried different foundation out in the market, from drug stores to high end. I have sensitive skin n my skin reacts very quickly to a product that r going to break me out. I want a full coverage without looking Carey or fake. So using my Armani which is gorgeous but I need a everyday foundation for work because Armani is pricey... I used Mac studio finish liquid it broke me out n I hated it. I went to try loreal tru match in w6!! WTH is the hype about!!! I couldn't stand it!!! I rather stick to my Covergirl 3-1.. Way better in my opinion. I gave Mac studio fluid another try in nyc 30. OMG IM IN LOVE!!! Full coverage but I use a beauty blender, what a beautiful coverage. This is now by holy grail...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by AngelaLOVE123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was just okay for me. It looks great at first, but I feel like after several hours it just fades off. I do use a primer and setting powder, but it just doesn't last and doesn't look right. It is also a watery texture, and I hate that it doesn't have a pump. I could see this working for some people (lots of color options!), but it just wasn't that amazing. I'm just mixing this with other foundations to use it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by sashacolewood

This product. Where do I even begin.
Everything that could have gone wrong with this foundation, did for me. I have oily porous skin.
1. This foundation was straight up greasy at first application
2. It oxidized instantly and DID NOT match my yellow tone skin. As soon as it oxidized, even the yellowest shade turned pink.
3. The staying power is ridiculous in my opinion.
4. Emphasized my pores, blemished, everything!!

Overall, the worst foundation I have tried, and is not worth its price, although its not as expensive as some other products.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by xKatAB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because I heard so many great reviews about it. I was extremely disappointed in it to say the least. I bought it in W4, which to begin with isn't even warm toned, so it didn't even match properly, so I made do and blended it and bronzed and highlighted enough that it didn't matter because it wasn't THAT off. And also to my disappointment people said it was full coverage, but this is a very light coverage and that isn't what I'm looking for in a foundation at all. So on top of my crappy start to that, I wore it for maybe an hour and even with my primer and setting powder and setting spray it became SUPER oily and if I wore it for 5 or more hours my face literally looked like I had just gotten out of the shower and was wet. When I blotted my face with blotting papers, the foundation would come off with it and I would end up with a blotchy face. If I used a powder it would streak, and actually my blush/bronzer/highlighter would streak anyways without me touching my face and it would show the bare skin under and I would have gross streaks of bare skin in the middle of a blushed cheek and it was so unattractive. I don't know if it wore off, or reacted badly with every makeup choice I had in my drawer and caused it to oxidize or what but I've never had a foundation do that before in all the foundations I've ever tried. I thought since there were so many good reviews about it that maybe I just had a bad batch so I bought it a second time and it was still just as bad. I'm never buying this again. It was a waste of money, even for the low price that it is. You probably couldn't pay me to wear this again.