August 21, 2014 | 940 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend Liquid Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by lizzliscio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly love this foundation! it's perfect for what I was looking for. they have an amazing color selection making it so easy to find what you're looking for. it feels so lightweight on my skin but still had a medium coverage. I think it looks best when applied with my fingers even though I usually don't like doing that. will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by riccidontcare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I avoided this foundation for a long time.
I used it back in 2008 when it was fairly new.
I remember it not lasting.
I repurchased this recently because they repackaged it and I thought maybe they had tweaked the formula.
I was wrong and disappointed.
This didn't cover well and it oxidized.
It looked streaky and stuck to my dry patches.
After a while it started to look oily and pink.
The bottle and pump were nice. Glass bottle, plastic pump. Price wasn't bad.
Overall, I was not impressed with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by blueaura7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible!!! I tried the Natural Tan of this product, it oxidized and turned my face into a orange shiny mess! However, the coverage was really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by KateTenenbaum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, the main reason why I like this foundation so much is because it acts as a secondary moisturizer. I've always been someone who uses liquid foundation with a translucent powder on top to keep my base stay on longer, but usually my skin will start to feel oily by the middle of the day. This, along with a translucent powder I use from Maybelline, is awesome! It doesn't make my face feel oily, a little bit goes a long way, and it blends in very nicely without streaky-ness. Will be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by popcornlover722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm surprised to see so many low reviews for this foundation, it has been out for quite some time but CG repackaged it and changed the foundation colors recently. I'm not sure if it has been reformulated or not but my review is for the new Tru Blend foundation in shade M3. I have nothing but good things to say about this foundation. I hate drugstore foundations because it is impossible to find the right shade, I was wearing the wrong L'oreal True Match foundation for the longest time due to their complicated shade system(cool/warm/neutral than you pick your number). I was using a "neutral" tone which basically meant PINK toned. I have olive skin and the TruBlend was easy to find my color, I'm in the Medium range and I swatched the tester bottles and found my shade number quickly.

This blends seamlessly, gives me a light-medium coverage, tones down my redness and feels like I have nothing on. I use this for work(bakery so I sweat alot) and it lasts all day. Gives a dewy finish, doesn't make me oily(I have combo skin). I'm in love with this foundation and I use it every single day it is so easy to blend and looks undetectable. I wouldn't use this for photos or going out, but it is the perfect every day foundation to wear to school or work. It doesn't cover my acne scarring but I don't mind my natural skin peaking through because this evens out my entire skin tone and makes me skin look healthy and as I have nothing on. WORTH TRYING!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to Walgreens the other day looking for a new foundation, and an employee there showed me this in their brand new display, I was the first to look at it, so they had every shade available. She told me she had tried it, and recommended it to me (SIDE NOTE: when a drugstore employee recommends something TRY IT. They are not paid to recommend things to you, if they take time to tell you what they think would work for you, you should try it, because they are being sincere) When I brought this home and tried it, let me tell you...

BLESS THE EVERLOVING HEAVENS THIS IS WONDERFUL.
The shades. Just...can we just kneel down and praise Cover Girl for these freakin shades? I am very pale with yellow undertones, never in my life have I had an easy time finding a foundation that matched me. It is always difficult, and sometimes results in me crying on the floor in the makeup section of local drugstores. BUT THIS. This I could write sonnets about. This foundation matched me perfectly (I got L2) and there was VERY LITTLE oxidation (ladies please don't refuse to buy a foundation because it oxidizes, they all oxidize. Find one that oxidizes only slightly darker, and you can take precautions to reduce the oxidization) The lasting power is average, it is not cakey, it does not take the power of the force to get off, it does not feel heavy. It feels as if you're not wearing ANY makeup, but also gives you coverage. It is beautiful, with a natural skin-like finish.

Oh yeah and the pump. I hope every drugstore makeup brand follows in Cover Girls footsteps and puts their foundations in pump bottles, that would be glorious.

This foundation is amazing, and I'm so glad that they decided to make displays with the new bottles, because if not, I probably wouldn't have found this amazing product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I'm not sure why this product tends to separate, or at least it did. The new version doesn't do that for me and I don't see any of the white ingredient. That is the main reason that I wouldn't buy it until now. I assume it's spf and any brown product is just pigment separation. Most foundations say "shake well" for the same reason. This gives light to medium coverage. If foundations tend to oxidize on you, go for a shade or two lighter. Anyone with blemishes, redness, or pigmentation will probably have to conceal, but it does give a soft focus look. I don't feel it's cakey at all, and since it blends easily it's hard to get streaks or lines. It's pretty close to a "natural skin" look for daytime. I'm going to use it for a few more weeks and update.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by kittywompus

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has recently been remarketed/repackaged with some new shades. I got M3 Golden Beige which look nice on me. I like the pump dispenser but the actual makeup has some issues. After the bottle has sat for a day without use, the first pump dispenses a separated product--white streaks in the foundation. So I wipe the nasty stuff up with a tissue and throw it away--major waste of product. The next pump is fine to use but leaves an odd whitish cast or undertone which seems to fade after a while. Doesn't turn orange or greasy like the Outlast 3 in 1 did on me. Medium coverage and lasting ability which is fine but I will not buy again because of the product separation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by rachelkompier

I purchased this on a whim in the color l6. I've been trying to find a foundation that really works for me forever and I've tried many different types! I was pleasantly surprised with this foundation and it is just what I was looking for. I have combination skin with very dry patches and very oily areas, this foundation made everything even and provided just the right amount of coverage for daily wear. I applied by just buffing on with a makeup brush and then setting with a few sweeps of Mac Powder + Foundation in the color NW20. It doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation at all (I hate that heavy makeup feeling!) and feels good on the skin. I will be re-purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Philipmom02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this foundation again after decades of using it. I loved it years back in high school so when I tried the new 3 in 1 and felt it was too heavy and turned slightly orange on me, I'd give it a shot. This gives me a flawless, weightless and perfect match to my skin tone. (I use the -10 series in CG, 110, 210, 310, etc. I believe its the neutral fair undertone for their lines) So Classic Ivory is the shade I use in their foundations and its always the best match.

I apply this over their new silicone primer thats like Mallys. I pat it on one pump with my fingers which is the perfect amount. Since it is water based it feels very hydrating which I wasn't expecting. It also feels weightless and blends in beautifully before setting. After a minute I fluff on some trublend powder on top to set it with the new crayon concealer (which is also great in its own right, barely any creasing undereyes and brightens well) It stays put from when I take my son to school, 7am, to when i put him to bed,7 pm. It looks nearly the same as when I first put it on which is pretty amazing for a DS that doesnt claim to be long lasting like the 3 in 1.

Comparing it to the Cream Foundation its much lighter but doesn't have that nice almond scent to it. But still feels very hydrating. Comparing it to the 3 in 1 it has a similar finish and staying power if you use a primer and powder, but since it is less pigmented it doesn't turn orange on me (yes i know its a full coverage but I wanted to try it out).
I am actually preferring this over my Jane Iredale Dream Tint TM which is quite expensive and gives a better finish. If this is how far DS have come since I've tried HE, I think I'm going to be spending more time at the DS!

Give it a shot! Find it when its BOGO or you have 50% sale. I think you might be quite surprised with this one if you have fairly balanced skin. If you are more oily I'd definitely use a primer and a powder.