September 21, 2014 | 963 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend Liquid Makeup

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I didn't like anything about this foundation. It oxidizes horribly, and the coverage is-erm-odd. It gives the skin an orange sheen, while accentuating any fine lines or dry spots. The lasting power sucks, an hour at best, even with powder. It's a shame since the packaging with a pump is lovely, and it's so inexpensive. Unfortunately, the oxidizing alone is a reason I wouldn't recommend anyone use this foundation. Unless you're a fan of being orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by CocoNut83

This is a review for the previous formula, in the colour 420 Creamy Natural. First, colour-wise, this is a near perfect match on my Mac NC20 skin tone. It might lean a little more pink as it wears throughout the day but it doesn't bother me too much as I use a bit of bronzer as well. The formula itself is quite good. It provides light to medium coverage (as I wouldn't say buildable), and makes my skin look healthy and not mask-like. I do, however, find that it doesn't last very long on my skin, even with primer (unless my primer sucks or could be moisturiser). I get a good 4-5 hours with this until I start to get shiny and the product starts to wear off around my nose, chin, and forehead. I do use the Clean powder to set but I don't think it's this causing the makeup to not last at all. Hmmm, maybe I'll save this for the winter when my skin is less oily and I don't sweat as much :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by mariesarah53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this! I'm surprised to see so many negative reviews.

About me: deathly white cool skin. Usually 1-2 active breakouts and acne scarring across my cheeks

Texture/feel: This is a thicker consistency, it doesn't really run when I pump it on the back of my hand. I blend it in with my fingers and it truly blends VERY easily. You also have plenty of time to work with it before it sets.

Packaging: Sturdy and has a pump! No complaints.

Color: Unfortunately L1 is still a bit too dark, but I can still pull it off..I have that very white, almost translucent like skin color though. L1 is a very pale shade so I do think it could work for many others.

Finish: Pretty dewy. My skin is oily so I definitely need to set with powder, but I really think most skin types could work with it. I think this would be particularly great for dry skin as it does feel moisturizing. I would say this is a medium coverage, easily covers redness and tones down my scarring. You will definitely need concealer though! What I really love about the finish is that it's so natural looking. It's not cakey at all and you can barely detect makeup on my skin.

Lasting power: Definitely not the most long wearing foundation in the world but I find it's good enough for a typical 8 hour day. You definitely have to set with powder, but since I'm oily I always do that no matter what foundation I use. It's good for an everyday foundation but not something I'd use for a formal event, night out, etc.

Overall I'm very impressed! I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by lizzliscio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly love this foundation! it's perfect for what I was looking for. they have an amazing color selection making it so easy to find what you're looking for. it feels so lightweight on my skin but still had a medium coverage. I think it looks best when applied with my fingers even though I usually don't like doing that. will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by riccidontcare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I avoided this foundation for a long time.
I used it back in 2008 when it was fairly new.
I remember it not lasting.
I repurchased this recently because they repackaged it and I thought maybe they had tweaked the formula.
I was wrong and disappointed.
This didn't cover well and it oxidized.
It looked streaky and stuck to my dry patches.
After a while it started to look oily and pink.
The bottle and pump were nice. Glass bottle, plastic pump. Price wasn't bad.
Overall, I was not impressed with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by blueaura7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible!!! I tried the Natural Tan of this product, it oxidized and turned my face into a orange shiny mess! However, the coverage was really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by KateTenenbaum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, the main reason why I like this foundation so much is because it acts as a secondary moisturizer. I've always been someone who uses liquid foundation with a translucent powder on top to keep my base stay on longer, but usually my skin will start to feel oily by the middle of the day. This, along with a translucent powder I use from Maybelline, is awesome! It doesn't make my face feel oily, a little bit goes a long way, and it blends in very nicely without streaky-ness. Will be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by popcornlover722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm surprised to see so many low reviews for this foundation, it has been out for quite some time but CG repackaged it and changed the foundation colors recently. I'm not sure if it has been reformulated or not but my review is for the new Tru Blend foundation in shade M3. I have nothing but good things to say about this foundation. I hate drugstore foundations because it is impossible to find the right shade, I was wearing the wrong L'oreal True Match foundation for the longest time due to their complicated shade system(cool/warm/neutral than you pick your number). I was using a "neutral" tone which basically meant PINK toned. I have olive skin and the TruBlend was easy to find my color, I'm in the Medium range and I swatched the tester bottles and found my shade number quickly.

This blends seamlessly, gives me a light-medium coverage, tones down my redness and feels like I have nothing on. I use this for work(bakery so I sweat alot) and it lasts all day. Gives a dewy finish, doesn't make me oily(I have combo skin). I'm in love with this foundation and I use it every single day it is so easy to blend and looks undetectable. I wouldn't use this for photos or going out, but it is the perfect every day foundation to wear to school or work. It doesn't cover my acne scarring but I don't mind my natural skin peaking through because this evens out my entire skin tone and makes me skin look healthy and as I have nothing on. WORTH TRYING!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to Walgreens the other day looking for a new foundation, and an employee there showed me this in their brand new display, I was the first to look at it, so they had every shade available. She told me she had tried it, and recommended it to me (SIDE NOTE: when a drugstore employee recommends something TRY IT. They are not paid to recommend things to you, if they take time to tell you what they think would work for you, you should try it, because they are being sincere) When I brought this home and tried it, let me tell you...

BLESS THE EVERLOVING HEAVENS THIS IS WONDERFUL.
The shades. Just...can we just kneel down and praise Cover Girl for these freakin shades? I am very pale with yellow undertones, never in my life have I had an easy time finding a foundation that matched me. It is always difficult, and sometimes results in me crying on the floor in the makeup section of local drugstores. BUT THIS. This I could write sonnets about. This foundation matched me perfectly (I got L2) and there was VERY LITTLE oxidation (ladies please don't refuse to buy a foundation because it oxidizes, they all oxidize. Find one that oxidizes only slightly darker, and you can take precautions to reduce the oxidization) The lasting power is average, it is not cakey, it does not take the power of the force to get off, it does not feel heavy. It feels as if you're not wearing ANY makeup, but also gives you coverage. It is beautiful, with a natural skin-like finish.

Oh yeah and the pump. I hope every drugstore makeup brand follows in Cover Girls footsteps and puts their foundations in pump bottles, that would be glorious.

This foundation is amazing, and I'm so glad that they decided to make displays with the new bottles, because if not, I probably wouldn't have found this amazing product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I'm not sure why this product tends to separate, or at least it did. The new version doesn't do that for me and I don't see any of the white ingredient. That is the main reason that I wouldn't buy it until now. I assume it's spf and any brown product is just pigment separation. Most foundations say "shake well" for the same reason. This gives light to medium coverage. If foundations tend to oxidize on you, go for a shade or two lighter. Anyone with blemishes, redness, or pigmentation will probably have to conceal, but it does give a soft focus look. I don't feel it's cakey at all, and since it blends easily it's hard to get streaks or lines. It's pretty close to a "natural skin" look for daytime. I'm going to use it for a few more weeks and update.