October 2, 2014 | 1251 users online

Polishes - OPI - Chicago Champagne Toast

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really don't get the whole this is an "old lady shade" at all. On my skin, this reads as a gorgeous soft pink satin. I wish I could deck my bed out in satin the same color as this polish! I put this color on my toes for my last pedicure and afterwards, I couldn't stop staring at my feet. As usual with OPI polishes, the formula has fantastic wear and staying power. I find the pro-wide brush to be excellent. It has just about ruined me for any other polishes. If you happen to own Mauving to Manitoba, CCT is like a younger cousin of that. A gorgeous shade IMO and totally worth owning. I will repurchase if I ever use it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lissabunny9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Super pretty taupe-y brown color, looks very nice on my fingernails. I have pale hands and it isn't too harsh/dark for them. Love it. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chicago Champagne Toast is a pink/mauve taupe color, kind of frosty finish. I agree the previous viewer saying that older people like this color and I understand why. It's a kind of pink/rose color. I remember when I was very young, I saw my aunt, whom is now 75 wore a similar color like Chicago Champagne Toast. The color itself is more cool tone than warm tone. It's very pretty and it catches people's eyes. A similar color, may not be exactly the same, it reminds me of Blushingham Palace which has a lot more pink in it.

This color is so wearable to work. But for some reason, I just don't find this color elegant at all. It's pretty but not elegant. Although I like this color, I don't think I will reach for this color very often as this color is a bit too mature for my liking. May be when I am a bit older, I will look into that again. Just like Blushingham Palace, I like the color but it's a bit too mature for me. Anyway, it's a nice color but I won't repurchase just because I don't see myself will reach for it very often

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by asianxweirdo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not trying to be mean or anything,
But I notice that "elderly" people have a strong liking for this color.
A lot of people around my mother age,
love using this color.

It comes out like a metallic color.
Something that catches a lot of people eyes.
But at the very same time,
it's very vibrant.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by luckydumplingg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color! I usually stick with clear or nude polishes, but I really like this shade. It looks completely different under different lights. Sometimes it looks browner/more taupe like. In brighter lights it can look plummy, lilacy, or even a metallicy pink (under sunlight). Really pretty! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by netmom1

This is a nice conservative color perfect for an understated look. The color is a nude, silver-taupe with no pink, mauve or peachy tones at all. Like other OPI polishes it goes on like a dream and has great lasting power!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by sarahlovesmark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS!! A gorgeous, classy shade that goes with everything!! Perfect for when you want a beautiful, interesting color that's not bright & in-your-face, Love it on both fingers & toes :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I see no taupe or peach in this. At all. This far too metallic for me. I wouldn't wear this to work because it's far too metallic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this polish. Such a pretty, understated taupe, perfect for day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by kimberfreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OPI is my favorite brand of polish and this is my second favorite color of all time (second only to Nomad's Dream). This is the perfect neutral for my skin (I am fair skinned and neutral/cool). It's perfectly inbetween peach and pink. It's light, but it's muted so it doesn't look too bright like many light colors.