August 2, 2014 | 938 users online

Polishes - OPI - Russian to a Party

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice color but it doesn't really look like it does in the bottle when you have it on your nails. At least not to me. The bottle makes it look like it's a deeper burgundy red with shimmer, but once applied it is more of a brighter warm red creme. It doesn't even look like the same color. It's still a nice shade, just not at all what I was expecting. Russian to a Party is from OPI's 2001 fall/winter World Collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by hopmom

I haven't actually purchased this yet, but I will and soon since I know it's DC'd. This is a beautiful red/brown/burgandy color with a hint of gold washed through. I have this on now and find myself staring at my nails several times a day. It looks great on and has a true vampy feeling. One of my new favorites from OPI. I enjoy the quality of OPI polish and most of the colors I've tried have been true to the bottle color. Will recommend this and looking forward to purchasing this for myself!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ohthatgirl

Russian to a Party is a very sophisticated warm medium amber red with gold and amber shimmer that even my mother complimented me on...and that never happens. I just started getting into polishes but this one is definitely in my top 10. This color is light enough to wear to the office but still has a hint of depth with the shimmery green and gold tones that it makes it interesting for day to day wear. I often find myself staring at my tips, while driving in the car, when I wear this shade. Gorgeous. :O)

Bottle & Nails

Closer Pic of Nails continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2006 2:30:00 AM More reviews by dana

The color: This is a fantastically vampy color. It has a unique golden sheen running throughout the dark burgandy polish.

The brand: I am an Opi-phile. I proudly admit that. I have tried to get into other brands, but somehow none of them quite "do it for me" like OPI. (Except for Nars, but his color selection is very limited.) OPI's last quite long, are super shiny, and have an extremely broad color range.

For discount OPI 8ty8beauty.com rawks. They have fast shipping and only charge something like $3.75 each.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 3:16:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

I was quite underwhelmed by this polish when I applied it at home: it didn't go on as nicely as some of my other polishes do (but I think it may have been my basecoat), and the colour seemed a bit blah, not nearly as red and golden as it looks in the bottle. BUT then I saw it in daylight and it looks amazing, esp. with my skintone (NC30/35). Hubby loves it too, so it's all good :) And, I love the name!

Pics:Nails continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 11:21:00 PM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THE COLOR

This is a warm, browned burgundy shade of red. It has lots of gold shimmer. It's a very very warm & rich toned color. I see the gold tones big time, and sometimes the gold in a polish sort of fades against my warm toned skin. Not this.

THE APPLICATION

Absolutely no problems with the application. Even though I am told this bottle was a bit old, it was extremely consistent with the best of any OPI you can buy off the rack at your local Ulta. I used 2 coats at first and I added a third coat on day 2. Absolutely beautiful application, good brush, good consistency.

THE WEAR

This essentially lasted one day before I ruined it and I would like to blame the Poshe topcoat, which I had never tried before. The topcoat didn't go on as smoothly and didn't wear as tough as my usual Seche Vite so this did not last more than 2 days without wear worse than I would expect. Perhaps this would be caused by the deepness of the color.

Overall, Russian To a Party is one of the prettiest warm reds ever. I hope to try this again with different topcoats, maybe I should use the OPI one for my OPI topcoat? I think this would be even more high up on my list, 4.5 maybe, if I didn't have so few daylight hours to view this in for the Winter months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 4:23:00 AM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Why do they always discontinue all the best shades?? For shame, OPI! If I could horde only ONE shade of nail polish, this would most definitely be it! It's a beautiful dark, dark burgundy with gold and green pearl. HUGE rave from me!

UPDATE: this is still the best color out there, but i finally got my hands on another bottle and it's very thin :( i have to apply FOUR coats in order to get the bottle color. that's okay! no one ever said beauty had to be easy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 12:41:00 PM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This was not as bronzey as I'd hoped ... in the bottle, the gold shimmer is much more obvious than on the nails. It is still a lovely deep red shimmer, great for warm-toned gals. Just be aware that it's not *quite* as unique on nails as in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 9:43:00 PM More reviews by StellaBird

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just gorgeous. Warm, dark red with gold and amber shimmer. Beautiful. If you are a warm-toned woman, do get this one before it's discontinued (again?). You won't be sorry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2005 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Elizabethhoye

This is an awesome color. Beautiful dark red burgundy with gold and bronze shimmer. The color looks different on nails than it does in the bottle, which I am ok with. Also, it takes 3 coats to get a nice deep shade, but 2 coats does not look bad either. This is a warm color, but it definately works on my cool tones skin.